Ultimate backup light system- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ultimate backup light system

Riding at night after work is fun... but my favorite is beginning the ride an hour or so before sunrise... It starts the day off right and you get the ultimate in backup lighting systems (no batteries required, always reliable, warms you up and weighs nothing)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    yeah, the sun is pretty cool (glad it's there for us). ready for the time change..'cause it's taking longer and longer to come up.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Riding at night after work is fun... but my favorite is beginning the ride an hour or so before sunrise... It starts the day off right and you get the ultimate in backup lighting systems (no batteries required, always reliable, warms you up and weighs nothing)...

That's beautiful. You keep living the dream, amigo...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    i'm not looking forward to the inversion when you don't see the sun for days...
    btw- did you ever get the 575 howling to go away... i'm now convinced more than ever that my howling is from the hubs being a little loose. i rebuilt my rear hub and the howling went away for about a week and a half. the howling came back so i tightened up the hub a tiny bit more and the howling is gone again. gotta love cup and cone hubs...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    i'm not looking forward to the inversion when you don't see the sun for days...
    btw- did you ever get the 575 howling to go away... i'm now convinced more than ever that my howling is from the hubs being a little loose. i rebuilt my rear hub and the howling went away for about a week and a half. the howling came back so i tightened up the hub a tiny bit more and the howling is gone again. gotta love cup and cone hubs...
    i will know very, very soon. about to put a different wheelset on the 575. maybe they will help make climbing a little easier too.

i just don't brake anymore dude. braking is for wusses.

mtbr member

I forgot to add...

I also have an anti-cougar and wolf device... She's very protective of her daddy...

King of the Barneys
    Lua's a cute babe, Gary

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=garnetspur]i will know very, very soon. about to put a different wheelset on the 575. maybe they will help make climbing a little easier too.
    QUOTE]

good luck with the howl. i've tried everything to get rid of it:
    tightened all pivots/bearings to spec
    redished wheel
    swapped rotors/pads (even tried metallic on one side and non-metallic on the other and tried Shimano XTR centrelocks and XT 6 bolt and different Hayes rotors)
    recentered caliper and torqued to spec
    cleaned rotors 400 thousand times, sanded pads
    sacrificed a virgin to the heathen gods (ok-that one I did just for fun)
    the only thing that got rid of the howl consistently was tightening the hub.
    if you go with a lighter but still relatively durable wheelset, it will transform the 575 into a climbing machine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Lua's a cute babe, Gary

CDB
    obviously i'm biased but Lua is the best trail dog ever... she deserves to have a loooong happy life out on the trails and home made meals every day.

King of the Barneys
    nice new desktop background for these rainy days...

CDB

Members who have read this thread: 0