Uh, odd request...got sheep?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Uh, odd request...got sheep?

OK, I know I'm setting myself up for some abuse here, but I need a picture of the sheep in the foothills, preferably with a rider (or at least a bike) in there, as well. It's a long story, but the Turner forum has had a sheep theme going on for a few weeks. (look for any posts by Tidybeard)

So, the little bleaters were just off Tablerock road last week. Anyone know where they are now? Anyone happen to have a decent shot of bikes and sheep in the foothills?

HH

mtbr member
    they're probably somwehere off of Devil's slide right now... Maybe the intersection of 4 and Curlew...

mtbr member
    perv

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    perv

Hey, it's not really as baaaaaad as it sounds! Oh, wait a minute....

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    my relationship with my Sheep is very personal.

The sheep weren't on 4, at the 6 intersection, as of Tuesday. Demons were on 4, though. We did come across a baby rattler. Does that count?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Double H
    OK, I know I'm setting myself up for some abuse here, but I need a picture of the sheep in the foothills, preferably with a rider (or at least a bike) in there, as well. It's a long story, but the Turner forum has had a sheep theme going on for a few weeks. (look for any posts by Tidybeard)

So, the little bleaters were just off Tablerock road last week. Anyone know where they are now? Anyone happen to have a decent shot of bikes and sheep in the foothills?

HH
    Just checking out the old neighborhood. (I live in Tempe, AZ now.)

Sorry, no bikes in the picture, but here's a ride I did a couple of springs ago.

http://www.gpstrailmaps.com/idaho/Or...hardGulch.html

Dave

involuntary dismounter

Cheater!!!

soliciting sheep pics from others...

wouldn't that result in sheep pics posted under false pretenses??? geez...what is this world coming to? you can't trust anyone...

Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Spy!

Quote Originally Posted by dHarriet

soliciting sheep pics from others...

wouldn't that result in sheep pics posted under false pretenses??? geez...what is this world coming to? you can't trust anyone...

Yikes! Now we have to protect our borders from rouge Arizonans too!

GEEZ, Harriet the Spy - shouldn't you be out riding before it gets so hot that you can fry an egg on your top tube? Weren't you the one who recently said:

...who knew that idaho had more to offer than potatoes??
    HH

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave
    Just checking out the old neighborhood. (I live in Tempe, AZ now.)
    Whereabouts do you live? We stayed at my sis house near McClintock & Elliot. Man I'm missing Einstein's hardcore right now.

Can't believe how much Baseline has changed over the years. My dad use to work out in those fields.

Did head up to SoMo with a family member that was a hardcore wider, but we were in suits and ties. He took me to Buena Vista and another parking lot. WOW WOW WOW!!! Wish we had that stuff here.

And back on topic....

I will have my digicam with me today so I'll try to snap some pix of me and sheep.

involuntary dismounter

GEEZ, Harriet the Spy - shouldn't you be out riding before it gets so hot that you can fry an egg on your top tube? Weren't you the one who recently said:
    i'm not acutally Arizonan...this is the 4th country i've lived in in my life time...so i'm EVERYWHERE!!!!

and i'm not spying ...but if you want to be more subtle...you should probably not put...request and sheep in the thread title! you know they post those on the main page!

and you're still a CHEATER!!!

Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ... you know they post those on the main page!
    Oh yeah - forgot about that. I rarely go there, so it's an out-of-sight, out-of-my-mind kind of thing.

I shudder to think of the poor souls that clicked on Tidy's latest. Or yours, for that matter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Whereabouts do you live? We stayed at my sis house near McClintock & Elliot. Man I'm missing Einstein's hardcore right now.

Can't believe how much Baseline has changed over the years. My dad use to work out in those fields.

Did head up to SoMo with a family member that was a hardcore wider, but we were in suits and ties. He took me to Buena Vista and another parking lot. WOW WOW WOW!!! Wish we had that stuff here.

And back on topic....

I will have my digicam with me today so I'll try to snap some pix of me and sheep.
    I'm just southeast of Priest and Warner and ride my bike to South Mountain in 15 minutes. Trails here are pretty challenging though -- I try to avoid the steepest and rockiest except on special occasions.

Our friends visiting who attended ASU mentioned that everything south of Baseline was out in the boonies about 20 years ago. Hard to believe looking around now.

We have probably 20 auto dealerships within 2 miles, plus Costco, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.

Don't worry. You're next. I won't return to see the Treasure Valley filled from Boise to Nampa but I know that it will happen in my lifetime.

But no sheep here. Only Javelinas, Coyotes, Quail and Roadrunners on South Mountain. The scorpions and snakes have all moved into town.

Hi!!!

WTF ain't I able to upload pix!?!?!?!

Sorry....but no pic of me in the pic, but at least I got the top tube in there with a sheep in the background!!!! This was up on Bucktail. Poor guy was all by his lonesome just staring off in the distance. I suspect he got left behind when the flock moved recently . I hope he doesn't get eaten by a cougar or harassed by idiot dogs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    This was up on Bucktail. Poor guy was all by his lonesome just staring off in the distance. I suspect he got left behind when the flock moved recently
    I hope Little Bo Peep finds that one! Thanks for the pic. I think I'll be riding Orchard Gulch tomorrow, so perhaps I'll run into them.

Hi!!!
    I hope Little Bo Peep finds that one! Thanks for the pic. I think I'll be riding Orchard Gulch tomorrow, so perhaps I'll run into them.
    Our ride tonight included riding up Orchard and then down Five Mile and we saw absolutely no sign of sheep in the area. Didn't even hear 'em. Who knows though...maybe they'll make their way over that way.

mortman
    Aug 2006

Sheep Sighting

If you are still looking for sheep there was a large flock of them near the Scott's Trailhead. If you are looking for a picture of this flock, I did not have my camera.

Good luck........you sick bastard.
    ride to work, work to live, live to ride.

mtbr member

HH
    I thought Idaho was a strange place, but that was before I moved to Arizona.

Exhibit A is the link below. (No mountain biking content.)

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...heep07-ON.html

Dave

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Now, that's baaaaaad

Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave
    I thought Idaho was a strange place, but that was before I moved to Arizona.

Exhibit A is the link below. (No mountain biking content.)

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...heep07-ON.html

Dave
    See what happens when you spend too much time in the sun?

I went to a college that had a large agriculture program. There was an incident with a married man and a pig. We all wondered what his wife was like.

HH

PS - Mortman - thanks for the scouting report. I was on Orchard - 5mile - Da Bears today. Saw the first Mormon Crickets of the season. Ugh.

mtbr member
    I wish I had my camera out the other day as I saw the whole dang herd up off military reserve. It was cool as there were literaly BILLIONS of them with one black one. Not to mention the one I saw with its head stuck in the fence!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka
    I wish I had my camera out the other day as I saw the whole dang herd up off military reserve. It was cool as there were literaly BILLIONS of them with one black one. Not to mention the one I saw with its head stuck in the fence!!!
    Yeah, I think it's cool that they still run sheep here. I live near Table Rock. Before Terra Nativa went in a few stray sheep would sometimes be wandering the street in front of my house.

HH

Members who have read this thread: 0