Twin Falls- Mtbr.com

Thread: Twin Falls

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Twin Falls

I may have a move to Twin Falls on the horizon. How is the riding, road and mountain? I know all about the Sun Valley area. Anything decent closer? Anything around the Snake River canyon?
    Thanks

mtbr member

No good

Hi. I took my mtn bike to Twin Falls a couple times only to be disappointed. I even stopped into the local shops and asked if there was any good mtn biking close-by and they just laughed. I ended up just climbing out of the canyon and dorking around the greenbelt. Being so rural, I'm sure the road riding is much better. Good luck - I've always hated that town.

mtbr member
    You may want to ask at the College of Southern Idaho's outdoor activity desk. They put together some trips in the Sawtooth Nat'l Forrest and Magic Mtn area though it is still 30-40 miles south of Twintucky. Unless there is something closer, 70 miles north sounds like the better option!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks. Although not what I was hoping to hear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

There is good riding

If you like crowded trails you will hate the South Hills. There is a variety terrain and riding environments about 15 minutes South of Twin Falls in the South Hills. There is some riding on the North side of the Snake River but it is mostly basalt that will beat the crap out of you. If you have a sense of adventure and know how to look at a map there is some great riding.

If you end up in Twin go to the local bike shops and see if someone will show you around. Better yet, go to one of the watering holes and host a beer and talk about bikes. You are sure to find someone that will show you around. Hereís a small taste.

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...3_4544crx.aspx

The road biking is excellent and something I miss around Boise. Within five to ten minutes you can be riding on country roads that go for miles. There arenít a lot of hills but plenty of wind to build character.

If you are going to live in Twin the fly fishing and kayaking are something to add to the quiver

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by atrophy
    Thanks. Although not what I was hoping to hear.
    One little ray of hope... I keep hearing great things about the trails in the South Hills. I think they're about a half hour from town, though.

Wandervans

indian springs is very close

Is very close to twin falls, just south of town and has some excellent riding.

http://trailwize.com/IndianSprings/indian_springs.htm

Also the south hills are great riding too...

http://trailwize.com/southhills/southhills.htm
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the tips and some cool fotos. Where is that Indian Springs area and how close is that to Twin. Where would you want to live in Twin to have the most accessible trails?
    Thanks.

Wandervans
    Quote Originally Posted by atrophy
    Thanks for the tips and some cool fotos. Where is that Indian Springs area and how close is that to Twin. Where would you want to live in Twin to have the most accessible trails?
    Thanks.
    Indian Springs is within 10 minutes of downtown twin falls.

basicall go south on blue lakes blvd which becomes N 3000 then take a left onto 2800 which will become 2900 and then Indian Springs will be on the right. There is a parking lot about a 1/4 mile up the road. No map so you will have to explore...

As far as living in Twin Falls, I don't have much advice...
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

beer is good

Indian Springs

Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    muchas gracias

mtbr member

Nirvana Trail

Besides Indian springs try riding the Nirvana trail. It will probably take you several hours to ride the loop. Great trail!

Great road riding but it can be a bit windy.

Members who have read this thread: 0