Trails in near Island Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Trails in near Island Park

I will be in Island Park over Labor Day weekend and I was wondering if there are trails that it would be worthwhile to take the bike up to. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This thread has info on some great rides just north of Island Park:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=641202

The Sentinel

Warm River

Years ago, I was the NORBA official at a race just outside Ashton. I camped out at the Warm River bridge, straight east of downtown Ashton, and the race started just across the road on the north side of the river. I remember it being quite fun...perhaps a local could chime in here and give specific directions?
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Buy that map, read the descriptions people have given you for the Lionhead Range, that link to the other thread. There is also a really good ride on the CDT in the Centennials accessed from the south side of the range, really close to Island Park along Highway A2 I think. Greg should chime in any time now to give directions, I don't know. Call Gallatin Nat Forest/Hebgen District for dead cow status on Mile Creek. Free Heel And Wheel doesn't really know the riding that well, or they like to be secretive. And they are FOR creating more Wilderness in the Lionhead Range. Understandable if you are a backcountry skier, the snowmos tear up Lionhead.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    Years ago, I was the NORBA official at a race just outside Ashton. I camped out at the Warm River bridge, straight east of downtown Ashton, and the race started just across the road on the north side of the river. I remember it being quite fun...perhaps a local could chime in here and give specific directions?
    That sounds pretty close. I always remember passing Ashton on the way to IS prk. We are normaly at a lodge in Coffee Pot. So, that sounds like a good trail. .

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afraid
    Buy that map, read the descriptions people have given you for the Lionhead Range, that link to the other thread. There is also a really good ride on the CDT in the Centennials accessed from the south side of the range, really close to Island Park along Highway A2 I think. Greg should chime in any time now to give directions, I don't know. Call Gallatin Nat Forest/Hebgen District for dead cow status on Mile Creek. Free Heel And Wheel doesn't really know the riding that well, or they like to be secretive. And they are FOR creating more Wilderness in the Lionhead Range. Understandable if you are a backcountry skier, the snowmos tear up Lionhead.
    I'll pick up the map on the way up. These look great. I may have my sister come along fo rthe ride as well. Greg if you get a chance for directions to these, I would appreciate it. I can't really see real good directions on google maps, but I'm sure the trail map would have more directions.

Members who have read this thread: 0