Trails in N. Idaho & NW. Montana?- Mtbr.com
    Xtremely Moderate

Trails in N. Idaho & NW. Montana?

We're planning a roadtrip for later this year and I'm looking for some epic singletrack type riding in northern Idaho and/or NW Montana.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

Thanks.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Lacticacid head
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    We're planning a roadtrip for later this year and I'm looking for some epic singletrack type riding in northern Idaho and/or NW Montana.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

Thanks.
    When are you coming this way? I have a weekend of singletrack going on May 5, 6 based out of Farragut State Park, we also depending on the timing be able to show you some other rides in the area. Farragut has some sweet mellow singletrack as well as a great climb / singletrack downhill you can put together for about a 40 mile overall ride with very little doubletrack / fireroad. Spokane hosts a 24 memorial day weekend in Riverside state park, and the course is a nice ride as well, there is plenty of other "spots" depending on what your cup of singletrack tea is,. Let me know what your looking for,,, distance, intensity, etc
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

illiterate or intoxicated

Epic

Lost Creek, Independence Creek and Bernard Peak in Idaho - Call Vertical Earth in Coeur d'Alene for directions or "trip" on over to the Captain for directions.

Here are some images from Lost Creek. First is from the logging road ascent looking toward the rock slide in the distance which the Trail crosses. Next is the Trail marker where you turn off the logging road. Next is crossing the slide. The next is looking back down toward the area where the first shot was taken. Last is a section of the Trail. I would give you directions to the Trail head myself but it is a "know it when I see it" type of thing for me and I do not know how many miles it is up the Coeur d' Alene River from the I-90 off ramp.

Call Chad at Red Barn Cycles in Montana. He described a ride near Superior MT that sounds interesting. He said it is 28 miles of singletrack.

Have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't worry, be happy!
    There are directions to all Lost Creek and other pandhandle rides, right here:

http://www.fttrc.org/rides/wheretoride.cfm (regional)
    http://www.fttrc.org/rides/cdariver.cfm Lost Creek, CDA river rides...

If you feel like getting really out in the boonies, there are some great rides in the area outside of Superior, Montana - just study a FS map, and check the forest travel guide for where bikes are and are not allowed.

Kettle Crest, outside of Colville WA has some amazing riding, as does McCall Idaho... depending how far out of your original plan you want to go.

And let's not forget Priest Lake - navigation trail is a blast, and American Falls is supposed to be stellar.

formica
    www.fttrc.org
    Last edited by formica; 02-27-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Funny, I have that same view except we were in the rain:

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Need to drive north this summer....

Quote Originally Posted by windhoar
    Lost Creek, Independence Creek and Bernard Peak in Idaho - Call Vertical Earth in Coeur d'Alene for directions or "trip" on over to the Captain for directions.

Here are some images from Lost Creek. First is from the logging road ascent looking toward the rock slide in the distance which the Trail crosses. Next is the Trail marker where you turn off the logging road. Next is crossing the slide. The next is looking back down toward the area where the first shot was taken. Last is a section of the Trail. I would give you directions to the Trail head myself but it is a "know it when I see it" type of thing for me and I do not know how many miles it is up the Coeur d' Alene River from the I-90 off ramp.

Call Chad at Red Barn Cycles in Montana. He described a ride near Superior MT that sounds interesting. He said it is 28 miles of singletrack.

Have fun.
    WH.......nice photos.......this may be the year for me to do some riding in your hood.

BTW.....Perry is flying into Boise Thursday evening. He and Bob are snow cat skiing in McCall Saturday. I'm dragging him around Wilson Creek on my Quasi Sunday.

Call me the next time you're down south.........

illiterate or intoxicated

Markv

Give a shout out to Perry and Bob for me. I have no immediate plans to be down south anytime soon. Are you planning a Moab/Fruita trip in the Spring? That could entice me!
    Check out my new ride: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=273473

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Will do..........

Nice bike Ian........you've joined the Homer nation.

We're thinking SW Utah this Spring.......Gooseberry, Little Creek, and hiking in Zion. Be enticed!! Should be a fun group.......

Xtremely Moderate
    Thanks for the pics and info fellas.

We'll be making this trip in the last part of July and early August.

We're leaving out of SEA and so far I think we've got this:

Leavenworth --> Spokane-geles area ---> N. ID (Farragut or something else) ---> Missoula, MT ---> Lolo, MT (hot spring stop) ----> then homeward to SEA.

Biking, camping, trout fishing & beer drinking are the priorites for the trip.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Don't worry, be happy!
    weekend after the 4th is the BBTC/FTTRC Kettle Crest extravaganza....

Members who have read this thread: 0