Trails in and around Boise?- Mtbr.com
    Is my rear tire flat?

Trails in and around Boise?

I have an interview in Boise and I was wondering what the scene is down there. I live in Seattle and we have a lot of trails but I assume Boise does too?
    Can anyone compare the two cities for me? Like accessible trails close by to Boise.
    Thanks for all your help.
    D
    Liberty Lake Wa.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

I've lived in Seattle area a few years ago

Actually in Bremerton - a ferry ride away.

Look at Ridge to Rivers to get a sense of what's local.

Boise ain't as big as Seattle but the western part of the valley sure is getting Los Angelesified.

The north end (closest to local trail access) is like Queen Anne Hill in miniature. Driving into Boise on I-184 is a bit like driving the Renton S curves in miniature.

There aren't nearly so many tatoos, body piercings, head shops, or gay and lesbian bookstores here as there are in, say, the U district.

The biggest shock to the system when moving here was that you'll go three months in the summer here where there won't be a cloud in the sky and the daytime temperatures routinely hit high 90's. It's not nearly as green here as in Seattle - the moss on my car dried up and fell off when we moved.

Riding here is dry and sandy as opposed to the wet and rooty stuff you might be used to.

Oh yeah, and the white supremacists. Did I tell you about them? Gawd, there must be thousands on em up there in the foothills, always shootin off their automatic weapons, marching around in their Nazi uniforms, playing hatchet day war games on the single track. Sheesh.

I was kidding about the white supremacists.

The move from Bremerton to Boise wasn't nearly so traumatic as my move to Bremerton from Montana - so it's all relative I guess.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Wandervans

I doubt you could even compare the two..

Quote Originally Posted by dlbennett
    I have an interview in Boise and I was wondering what the scene is down there. I live in Seattle and we have a lot of trails but I assume Boise does too?
    Can anyone compare the two cities for me? Like accessible trails close by to Boise.
    D
    it is definatly night and day compared to seattle for sure. I can ride four blocks from my house in the northend of Boise and ride to my hearts content. Which is something I doubt you could do in seattle, I have heard you have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to good riding. We are kind of snowed in right now so I hope you are not coming till the weather gets better.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

King of the Barneys

Re trail access from town,

D
    it really sucks. From my old office downtown across from the Capitol Building, it took me at least 5 minutes on my bike to get to the trail heads. It was a small consolation that my office had showers, so I could ride early, grab coffee & a bagel, shower and show up at work, all in a real efficient manner.

Now, though, from my office up on "the bench" south edge of town it now takes me 15 to 20 minutes by car(!) to get to the same trails. Hardly worth the effort with that kind of time waster. Better to just go home, hit the couch with chips and beer.

It also sucks that it's hard to get set on a favorite trail and stick with it. Gets me raving mad to have so many choices, and so little company out on the trails? Where the heck is everybody, anyway? I've been riding here for around 12yrs and I'm still finding new trails in the foothills. It's not safe, either, when you can often ride for quite a while and only see another rider or two the whole time.

Danged trails are steep, and mighty distracting, too, what with the 20 mile views of the valley & other mountain ranges everywhere you look. There oughta be a law!

From my house out in SW Boise, it takes me 40 minutes to go south to our Barking Spider race course, and a huge waste of 20 minutes to get to not only the foothills trails, (Ridge to Rivers, et al) but its another 30 minutes to get to our ski hill, Bogus Basin, that is laced with trails all over it. I almost wrecked there a couple times when I looked up from riding along the back side and saw the Sawtooth mtn range all pinked up with sunset glowing on the snowcapped peaks. Too dangerous. And *not* fun Give me an indoor bmx track any day.

NE of town is Hiway 21 with lots of park-n-ride spots with trails all over, several within 30 minutes of Boise. I know, another steenkin painful commute. And for what? To ride by yourself on some skinny trail out in the woods? Geez, there's gotta be something better n that? They are park-n-ski in the wintertime.

I'd better stop before I get worked up over how long you have to sit in a car or on a bike to get to decent riding around here. It just ain't right!

CB

May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Is my rear tire flat?

That was beautiful....

I think I get your point. Sounds like there is indeed good riding out there within a stone's throw. Also I bet Sun Valley has some beeaattchin riding in the summer as well.
    Yes here in Seattle we must commute to ride, sometimes rides are planned based on traffic conditions. I look forward to sampling some of your fine treasures.....
    D
    Liberty Lake Wa.

King of the Barneys

don't get your hopes up....

I think I get your point. Sounds like there is indeed good riding out there within a stone's throw. Also I bet Sun Valley has some beeaattchin riding in the summer as well.
    Yes here in Seattle we must commute to ride, sometimes rides are planned based on traffic conditions. I look forward to sampling some of your fine treasures.....
    D
    you better take a look at this first...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=47674
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Is my rear tire flat?
    What do you mean get my hopes up? About the job?
    That is some friggin awesome scenry. Reminds me a little of out E. Wa and Winthrop areas. Spectacular lung bustin rides you show there.
    PS That meadow shot is ultra raw!
    D
    Liberty Lake Wa.

King of the Barneys

Winthrop? Twisp?

What do you mean get my hopes up? About the job?
    That is some friggin awesome scenry. Reminds me a little of out E. Wa and Winthrop areas. Spectacular lung bustin rides you show there.
    PS That meadow shot is ultra raw!
    D
    I'm a Washington transplant, and lived all over the state. All 4 corners, and even a couple of central cities, such as Leavenworth (yummy), Yakima, and Moses Lake. Even suffered in Edmonds for 9 mos until I just had to see the sun again so we moved. Re Smily Cook's pictures, hopefully you let the whole page load, as he has more further down. I have some from our annual get-together in McCall posted on this board probably a month earlier, called Duck Lake to Twenty-Mile or something similar. Scout around and you can find lots of pictures of our riding. I post quite a bit to alt.mountain-bike under the name, Paladin, and have lots of write-ups of most of the So-Central Idaho rides.

In my opinion, the big difference between WA and Idaho are the crowds. There aren't any here. The weather's similar, ie, the dry E WA is similar in climate to our high desert Southern Idaho.

I'd be happy to meet you for coffee or a beer or something when you come to town to introduce you further, as would lots of other good folks. It really is a friendly area. If the ground's frozen, we could even ride.

CB

Is my rear tire flat?
    Thanks a lot for all the info. I should be down sometime soon. I will email you when the time gets closer.
    D
    Liberty Lake Wa.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Um, can I have what you're smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    In my opinion, the big difference between WA and Idaho are the crowds. There aren't any here.
    Hmm. I'll have to say I strongly disagree about the claimed "lack of crowds" on the foothills trails. Mid-summer after work rides are what I like to call "combat rides" (fighting for trail space) or "stop-n-go rides" because you have to stop every 20 yards on a downhill to let somebody go up. Perhaps it's perspective, but I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one who thinks Boise in general and the foothills trails in particular have gotten WAY too crowded.

And, least I forget, nobody has bothered to let you in on some of the not so great things about this town, other than (what I consider to be) the crowded trails. Hope you like ultra-right wing politics and lots of legislating of others' moral values, because we got lots of both in spades. There's also not much "night life" or a concert scene, if you're into that kind of stuff. Oh yes, the wonderful weather patterns we get in the winter. Hope you like cold and fog with lots of pollution. Housing prices, while not Seattle standards (or even close) are shooting up, but wages aren't. I guess you could sell your (insert house size here) in Seattle and buy or build yet another McMansion in Boise, Meridian, Eagle or whereever.

Seriously, Boise is a nice place, and I probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but it's not everything you read in the magazines...or on MTBR.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    snipsnipsnip
    Uh oh, Earthpig is back.

Let's see if I can't torque his seatpost a bit...

I think if we get more riders on the trails in Boise the riding will become awesome!!! It could be like a big single track party, we could all march around the foothills in single file wearing $90 jerseys that advertise our favorite LBS. LBS - heck what good is a LBS when you got LDS? We especially need more riders from California and liberal New England states (provided they ride on bikes that cost no less that $5k and weigh less than 25 pounds). It would be really cool if more and more riders go out with headlamps on singlespeeds too (which, of course, absolutely must be recycled POS's).

dlbennett: the opinions expressed in this forum may or may not be truely representative of the Boise MTB scene - it's just a place where a few of us spew every now and then - somethimes to excess. Either way, good luck on your interview and I hope you get a sense of what Boise's about when you visit. Maybe we'll see you on the trails.
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 12-02-2004 at 08:26 AM. Reason: whatever

King of the Barneys

I don't smoke, but...

Hmm. I'll have to say I strongly disagree about the claimed "lack of crowds" on the foothills trails. Mid-summer after work rides are what I like to call "combat rides" (fighting for trail space) or "stop-n-go rides" because you have to stop every 20 yards on a downhill to let somebody go up. Perhaps it's perspective, but I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one who thinks Boise in general and the foothills trails in particular have gotten WAY too crowded.

And, least I forget, nobody has bothered to let you in on some of the not so great things about this town, other than (what I consider to be) the crowded trails. Hope you like ultra-right wing politics and lots of legislating of others' moral values, because we got lots of both in spades. There's also not much "night life" or a concert scene, if you're into that kind of stuff. Oh yes, the wonderful weather patterns we get in the winter. Hope you like cold and fog with lots of pollution. Housing prices, while not Seattle standards (or even close) are shooting up, but wages aren't. I guess you could sell your (insert house size here) in Seattle and buy or build yet another McMansion in Boise, Meridian, Eagle or whereever.

Seriously, Boise is a nice place, and I probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but it's not everything you read in the magazines...or on MTBR.

maybe I'm riding different places than you are. You could be the one smoking something silly that makes you imagine crowds that don't exist.

Several fairly recent rides come to mind where I saw hardly a rider (maybe a stray one or two here and there) are Curlew's/Shanes, up Tablerock, down Quarry & Tram trails, Hulls Gulch most early mornings, Bob's almost any time. after work in the summer time the lower trails can get a "little" conjested, but that's ok, we just approved the construction of 20 more miles of trails. Who knows? maybe that will help matters out.

Compare that to the more popular rides in Moab, Phoenix, et al, and they're like the week before Christmas at the Mall. Everybody bunched up like bee-hives at the tough spots, professional photographers trying to sell your picture, that's a lot of crap compared to the occasional rider or even small groups I run into riding the Boise-area trails.

But your're right, it's a terrible place to live. Nobody should move here. We have enough people as it is. California is a great place to move to.

One man's vice is another's virtue. I appreciate your "opinion" about the politics here. I happen to like some of those "not so great things" you quoted. I'm charging $150/hr counseling the devastated few for post-election let-down syndrome. To each his/her own.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    One man's vice is another's virtue. I appreciate your "opinion" about the politics here. I happen to like some of those "not so great things" you quoted. I'm charging $150/hr counseling the devastated few for post-election let-down syndrome. To each his/her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Uh oh, Earthpig is back.

Let's see if I can't torque his seatpost a bit...

dlbennett: the opinions expressed in this forum may or may not be truely representative of the Boise MTB scene - it's just a place where a few of us spew every now and then - somethimes to excess.
    Hey look, opinions are like -ssholes, right? You're certainly entitled to express yours, but from the venom of your responses, it appears you don't think I have a right to express mine. I agree that Boise is a nice place and the riding is good, and the trails are likely less crowded here than other places, but can we stop blowing smoke up everybody's -ss who posts on here that they're thinking want to move here? I strongly believe that people who are thinking of moving here should get the full story and not just the good parts. Otherwise, we're not being honest and honesty is extremely important to me. Let's just agree that we see the same facts (trail conditions, population, crowding, politics, etc..) through different lenses and therefore our perspectives are not the same.

CBro, I don't know you, so I can't comment what you're like off this board, but Twisted, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the tone of your response.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Joke em if they can't take a puck

snipsnipsnip
    Twisted, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the tone of your response.
    My response was made in a mistaken attempt to have fun with your responses to issues you're obviously passionate about. I'm sorry it wasn't taken in the spirit it was intended.

sharing the love

Your looking for honesty?

I'll give you honesty:

Boise trails are for the most part, ridable on a road bike. There isn't much technical stuff here at all. A typical trail in Boise is to ride uphill until you are tired of it, then turn around and bomb downhill and your home in 15 minutes. If you are into climbing, this is the place. If you are into anything technical, go elsewhere. If you like trees, don't come here. There are no trees in the foothills. The sun can cook you in the summer. Temperatures get above 90 degrees and stay there for months, sometimes exceeding 100 degrees. The only trails that really get crowded are Hulls Gulch and Crestline which in my humble opinion are prett boring. Hulls is only fun if you can go fast but the crowds usually mean that you can't. If it rains here, it screws up the trails. But, luckily it doesn't do that often. Some winters, you can ride the trails. Others, you can't. Winters are mild. Snow doesn't stick around very long. Downtown has a few things to do but not an abundance. The music scene here isn't that great. The food here is. The drivers here suck. Religion is dominant here (take that how you wish). Politics are very conservative (i.e. cowboys and George Bush, yeehaw). Skiing is close by, but it is crowded there because of it. Boise is close enough to other places to drive on the weekends. That's what makes it great for me. 5 hours or less in a car will get you places with better skiing and better biking.

That's my 2 cents.

King of the Barneys

... and if we just ... I may have to adjust

Hey look, opinions are like -ssholes, right? You're certainly entitled to express yours, but from the venom of your responses, it appears you don't think I have a right to express mine. I agree that Boise is a nice place and the riding is good, and the trails are likely less crowded here than other places, but can we stop blowing smoke up everybody's -ss who posts on here that they're thinking want to move here? I strongly believe that people who are thinking of moving here should get the full story and not just the good parts. Otherwise, we're not being honest and honesty is extremely important to me. Let's just agree that we see the same facts (trail conditions, population, crowding, politics, etc..) through different lenses and therefore our perspectives are not the same.

CBro, I don't know you, so I can't comment what you're like off this board, but Twisted, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the tone of your response.
    to your humor and style. It's just that when you have a different opinion, (it seems to me, at least), rather than discuss the opinion, you accuse me of being on drugs, ie, an idiot. (Kinda like the "strong" response when I stated a preference for singlespeeds that were converted over from old, multi-geared bikes. Passion is great. Personal comments are boring.) That seems an unnecessary personalization when the subject itself could be focused on and discussed in a positive way. But hey, that's just my opinion, right?

If you're just being funny, or passionate, then that's fine, and I'll accept it.

We obviously have a different perspective on most things regarding what's bad and what's good about this place. That's good for debate and keeps the populace diverse and interesting. I'm raising teenagers here and running a business, and happen to appreciate the conservative politics and moral climate for the most part. I haven't found any recent laws passed preventing me from doing anything that I want to do. ie, I don't feel anyone's morality has gotten shoved down my throat. If I was worried about it, I could work to change it. Besides, both coasts have lots of great riding,and liberal politics, to boot. I could move. But I really like it here,for lots of reasons.

I respect your right to disagree.

I also agree with Zebdi that the close in trails are boring after you've ridden them for several years. Going to a singlespeed helped. Night riding helped,too. I rode a lot less around here this summer and took some time trying to get re-interested in martial arts and other outdoor activities. I still like Mtnbiking the best and am looking forward to riding more up/around Bogus and the Owyhees.

Merry Christmas to all. And Happy Hanukah, or whatever you celebrate or don't celebrate.hehe

Hoops - Big and Small

Zen and the Art of Boise

The further you go the more you find.

Dennis is on a SS - EarthySlimPiggy could show some tail, oh I mean trail.

Nice lookin SS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is my rear tire flat?
    I am actually on a geared bike now. Sold that SS. But it does sound like a nice place to SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    The further you go the more you find.

Dennis is on a SS - EarthySlimPiggy could show some tail, oh I mean trail.

Nice lookin SS
    Liberty Lake Wa.

Hoops - Big and Small

Saturday Ride

I try to ride every sat morning - when your in town give me a heads up if you want to ride.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Where to begin?

It's just that when you have a different opinion, (it seems to me, at least), rather than discuss the opinion, you accuse me of being on drugs, ie, an idiot. If you're just being funny, or passionate, then that's fine, and I'll accept it.
    Well, the drugs part was a joke, but the part about my interpretation of the amount of traffic on the foothills trails in the summer after work during the week was not. Look, we both see the same number of people on the foothills trails during the summer. The number of people is "the fact." As such, it is what it is. You interpret the fact as "not many people." I interpret the fact as "too crowded." Your interpretation is colored by your prior experience, as is mine. If you're comparing the # of riders on the trails in 2004 in Boise to your prior experience in other metro areas that have more people (i.e., your prior residence in Washington, or, for instance, to the number of riders on the trails in and around Denver), to you, the trails are empty. However, to me, where my frame of reference is Boise circa 1994, the trails are crowded. Same fact, two different interpretations.
    I'm raising teenagers here and running a business, and happen to appreciate the conservative politics and moral climate for the most part.
    Interesting point, but what do you make of the fact that Idaho has one of the highest teen suicide rates? Idaho had the third highest rate of teen deaths due to suicide, homicide and accidents in the United States in 2001. On a related note, what about Utah being the national leader in child abuse and insurance fraud? You can't get any more overtly "moral" of a climate than Utah. Just because a population overtly espouses extreme Christian morality does not make it a safe place to raise kids.
    I haven't found any recent laws passed preventing me from doing anything that I want to do. ie, I don't feel anyone's morality has gotten shoved down my throat.
    I agree - I can't really think of any morality laws that directly affect me. But gosh darn it, I just can't help but have this strange, niggling concern for my fellow Idahoans and their own personal rights, even if those people might be different from you and me. So, yeah, it bugs me when jackholes like Sali and Sweet and the rest of the brownshirts in the legislature want to start passing unconstitutional laws that are based purely on their moral beliefs. I guess it also bothers me that Idaho always ranks near the bottom in state by state rankings on women's rights, childrens' health issues, and assistance to the less fortunate. But, as you noted for yourself, none of those considerations affect me personally, so perhaps it's not a big deal.
    I also agree with Zebdi that the close in trails are boring after you've ridden them for several years. Going to a singlespeed helped. Night riding helped,too.
    Well, finally, something we agree on!

Merry Christmas to all. And Happy Hanukah, or whatever you celebrate or don't celebrate.hehe
    Happy Kwanzaa.

King of the Barneys

Cool-blue Rhythm You raise some...

Interesting point, but what do you make of the fact that Idaho has one of the highest teen suicide rates? Idaho had the third highest rate of teen deaths due to suicide, homicide and accidents in the United States in 2001. On a related note, what about Utah being the national leader in child abuse and insurance fraud? You can't get any more overtly "moral" of a climate than Utah. Just because a population overtly espouses extreme Christian morality does not make it a safe place to raise kids.

interesting points, especially regarding the teen suicide rate. My kids knew the 16yr old in Meridian who recently took his life. I hear the rate is quite high in Eastern Idaho among teenage girls. It is very disturbing and quite open to quick conclusions from all sides of the equation.

I would probably disagree about the climate in Utah, as rules and regulations imposed by a religion don't make for what I would call true morality. Good hearts do.

I think we also over-exaggerate how conservative Idaho politics supposedly are. Several states have passed the constitutional ban on gay marriages. Idaho hasn't. Several have passed other laws that are considered "conservative" that Idaho hasn't, such as school choice tax relief, which I would greatly appreciate with two kids in private schools. We also have some of the highest cumulative, effective tax rates in the country, which is a shame for a red state.

Time to get the skis off the wall, and keep the bike on the trainer.

Happy Kwanzaa.
    Merry Christmas, and let's remember the reason for the season.

Hoops - Big and Small

What happen to Dennis?

I'am in Sizzelean's pen on this one - We read Mags that state were No.1 in whatever and we think this is THE place. We feel better for the moment - then we realize there is more work to be done.

Every time I ride I see a better designed trail in the uncut foothill. I can't help but believe the future has more singletrack trails for us all. Lets build more quality trails!

Dennis please move here and build us some more singletrack!
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 12-08-2004 at 10:39 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

It's a miracle

I'm just happy to be here.

Is my rear tire flat?

Still here.....just lurking a little

Looks like maybe the end of Dec. for the interview date. Thanks again for all of the info. Look forward to riding with you all.
    By the way, is there any organized MTB clubs in the Boise area with a website for posting upcoming rides or is it mostly through friends, word of mouth, or the bike shops?
    (I did see the all female site...looks nice)
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    I'am in Sizzelean's pen on this one - We read Mags that state were No.1 in whatever and we think this is THE place. We feel better for the moment - then we realize there is more work to be done.

Every time I ride I see a better designed trail in the uncut foothill. I can't help but believe the future has more singletrack trails for us all. Lets build more quality trails!

Dennis please move here and build us some more singletrack!
    Liberty Lake Wa.

Is my rear tire flat?

Winthrop!

Here is a pic from Winthrop in October....

I'm a Washington transplant, and lived all over the state. All 4 corners, and even a couple of central cities, such as Leavenworth (yummy), Yakima, and Moses Lake. Even suffered in Edmonds for 9 mos until I just had to see the sun again so we moved. Re Smily Cook's pictures, hopefully you let the whole page load, as he has more further down. I have some from our annual get-together in McCall posted on this board probably a month earlier, called Duck Lake to Twenty-Mile or something similar. Scout around and you can find lots of pictures of our riding. I post quite a bit to alt.mountain-bike under the name, Paladin, and have lots of write-ups of most of the So-Central Idaho rides.

In my opinion, the big difference between WA and Idaho are the crowds. There aren't any here. The weather's similar, ie, the dry E WA is similar in climate to our high desert Southern Idaho.

I'd be happy to meet you for coffee or a beer or something when you come to town to introduce you further, as would lots of other good folks. It really is a friendly area. If the ground's frozen, we could even ride.

CB
    Liberty Lake Wa.

King of the Barneys

Thanks for the

Here is a pic from Winthrop in October....
    pic, I miss Washington now n then, but you're gonna love the McCall area riding. Your shot looks just like some sections of the 20-Mile Creek Trail a couple hours north.

You'd be right at home here today. Raining like crazy!

Our newspaper will publish group ride info for free, and I see shop rides in there a lot. I haven't seen anything online regarding ride schedules.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Hannah's on New Years eve was fun nothing like me being a 28 year old gettin hit on by 40 year old horny divorced women with dress so tight I can't imagine them breathing.

I went from NJ to Boise for a short term work assignment and I thought the move would be taumatic and that there'd be white hillbillies running around tossing potatoes at me but nothing like that there. It's fun watching people's eyeballs pop out when the see an Indian guy born in the US that speaks without an accent.... I couldn't tell if they were just flirting or if they were really perplexed by it. People there overall are really friendly which I think comes from a predominant mormon upbringing.. which suprisingly a lot of people my age don't really care much about. Nothing like getting out of work at albertsons at 5 pm and heading to bogus basin for a round of nite skining or on a whim on a friday night just head down to the city and walk around. The temperature during the day is even warmer then NJ but at night it gets real cold. Also there isn't much snow in the city of boise as it's surrounded by mountains and most of the snow hits the moutains and once it reaches the city its a slight dusting. Even cost of living is much cheaper as a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 baths was only $770 a month. Congestions is/will be a problem as the Boise town square mall is a pain to get to as it's the only full mall you can walk in that I know of there and it's so hard to find parking and coming and going is a hassle. The only part I miss is often times I'd hop in my car and drive off in NJ and go exploring different areas. In boise if you drive off for 20 minutes in any direction you'll find yourself out in the middle of nowhere and if your car broke down... oh boy. Overall though I love the place and can picture myself retiring here someday

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnfly
    Hannah's on New Years eve was fun nothing like me being a 28 year old gettin hit on by 40 year old horny divorced women with dress so tight I can't imagine them breathing.
    *enters on PALM to hit Hannah's on Dec. 31st, 2005*

It's fun watching people's eyeballs pop out when the see an Indian guy born in the US that speaks without an accent.... I couldn't tell if they were just flirting or if they were really perplexed by it.
    100% Filipino here. Born in Phoenix, but grew up here most of my life. In elementary school in Caldwell I think I experienced some ignorance, but for the most part, I've never really had anyone react to me differently due to my race. I really think it's in how you carry yourself on a daily basis.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

"Now you know the rest of the story"

The Seattle boob and beer bars are much better! The fat white cranky old men and religious whackos (let’s not forget the self serving farmers) in the Idaho Legislature have decided for “us” that we shouldn’t be able to sip a frosty and look at boobs. Unless you are very right wing, the Idaho Legislature will drive you nuts! Even as a third generation Idaho that grew up working on farms, I don’t know where our Legislators are coming from.

I can see the rest of my brethren Idaho riders are like the little bird in pig **** singing the praises of Idaho trails. Just so Earthpig doesn’t have to sing alone, I will tell you some of the other downers. Yes, Hull gulch drainage is like an ants nest. It has spilled over to corals and even hard guy. In the summer, Shane’s is starting to see pressure with the addition of Buck trial. Knuckleheads on full suspension that don’t know how to use there brakes are turning the trails into washboards that would make a motorcyclist proud.

In the summer heat, let’s not forget the mountain maggots and bovine that turn the trails into steaming piles of green goo with the essence of piss. The good news is the Mormon crickets soon follow since they love the taste of the scrumptious sheep pellets. On an out and back trip, you can run over crickets and then listen to the popping sound as you run over the pile of crickets that are eating there buddies you ran over earlier. It does help take your mind off the steep climbs.

Rant from the little bird that didn’t sing in the Pig ****!

Idaho Curmudgeon

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

make that

Quote Originally Posted by Irishbuddha
    Idaho Curmudgeon
    Buddha - based on your choice of singlespeed frame (among other reasons), perhaps that should be "Inbred Curmudgeon."

Members who have read this thread: 0