Trailpolooza: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- Mtbr.com
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Trailpolooza: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Trailpolooza: Easily 2000 people came out for fun, music, and dirt to celebrate all things mountain bike.

Some coins were spent and some important beauraucrats saw large numbers of bikers on public trails.

The drive in. The line of cars was like a good day during ski season.

The greeter:

The Protagonist 1. Dave Beck surveying the throngs.

The Protagonist 2. Meeker waxing philosophic.

The Protagonists 3 and 4. Al and Mike trying not to say "Spackle".

The line of people pulling for the goods.

Carnage on the Beginer Ride: I swept one of the beginner rides. This guy ripped up Redtail but the hill got the most on him in a cloud of dust.

Nonetheless he came back for more.

Also on the beginner ride was this gentleman (in blue). I think he was about 80 years old. And loving every minute of the ride. Kids and bikes: It doesn't get better than that.

Ski racks put to a new use.

Beck in Concert. And the BYRDS ready to cut the ribbon.

The Map. Don't forget the map. Go down to your LBS and buy the map. Your contribution will help pay for the next maps as more trails are added.

It's a shame a small handful of wannabes had to damage the under construction freeride area as well as damage the reputation of bike riders in general. At least we're not the ones going to hell. Or worse: be told to leave.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Wandervans

quite the crew

up there. I ended up leading two group rides during the day and there was an interesting group of people riding eastside and some of the other trails. And both of my groups made it back with minimal carnage!

Heck I saw more antique shocks and bikes than I have ever seen, I didn't imagine an old yellow rock shox from the 90s could still actually work...

Even came across a lady walking her bike over the logs blocking the old eastside trail. I tried to sway her with logic but appartently that trail just looked better..

bummer about the freeride trail and it was a bummer they ran out of food!!!!!

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Steel is Real
    Dude, totally took my picture! Kid w/ the green helmet standing in line.

Me and my friend happened upon the freeride trail, but we never went on, due to the fact that we saw the sign and read other postings on this website. We did not have the requisite skills.

mtbr member
    I was a little surprised how many families I saw riding down from the lift. I'm glad I didn't bring my 9 year old up the lift as it would have taken a long time to get down and he would probably not go back. When #91 and #93 are done, it could be very different; as long as the ground stabilizes a little.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Twisted
    I was riding with my family right behind you, when the kid went down.
    My wife and daughter were with me.
    The kid almost pulled it off if he would of let go of his brake.

All in all, I thought it was a great time.
    I rode some more after I got the family back to the lodge and had some lunch.
    Met up with some riders off of Eastside, who let me tag along with them, and we did some trails that were on the map, but new to me.
    Thats what its all about, meeting new people and having fun on the dirt.
    Sorry to hear about the free ride area.
    You may pass me on the uphill, but on the downhill, my gravity kicks in!

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    fyi for everyone...that is an old version of the map. You can tell because Shafer is spelled incorrectly.

Please buy the map. It will help you get familar with the trails, and the proceeds go to a good cause (i.e. more trails).
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Boise RidgeRider
    Twisted
    I was riding with my family right behind you, when the kid went down.
    My wife and daughter were with me.
    The kid almost pulled it off if he would of let go of his brake.

All in all, I thought it was a great time.
    I rode some more after I got the family back to the lodge and had some lunch.
    Met up with some riders off of Eastside, who let me tag along with them, and we did some trails that were on the map, but new to me.
    Thats what its all about, meeting new people and having fun on the dirt.
    Sorry to hear about the free ride area.
    Great to meet you in hindsight. Did your daughter ever see that bear she was heaing?

After I took the boy and his mom back to the parking lot the last thing I asked him was if he'd ever go mountain biking again. He smiled and said yeah. He was a real trooper.

Everybody buy the map! Now! Hang it in your cubicle. It will pay for the really good map next year with lots of new trails.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Great to meet you in hindsight. Did your daughter ever see that bear she was heaing?

After I took the boy and his mom back to the parking lot the last thing I asked him was if he'd ever go mountain biking again. He smiled and said yeah. He was a real trooper.

Everybody buy the map! Now! Hang it in your cubicle. It will pay for the really good map next year with lots of new trails.
    That kid's name is Connor and he was in one of my classes a couple of weeks ago. He's a trooper!

Members who have read this thread: 0