Trail conditions for today?- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

New question here. Trail conditions for today?

Seems odd to be asking this question right now....

We got a bit of rain over in the 2C yesterday. Got a bit of rain out by the store last night too. I am planning to start riding sometime between 5:30-6pm tonight. I'm guessing the trails are perhaps a bit moist now, but not overly saturated. Anyone been out yet this morning? It doesn't look like it's gonna get beyond the low 60s today so I'm guessing that the trails will at least be tacky?

Mahalo!

Nick

Barneys Unite!
    Not much rain in SE Boise, but plenty breezy and cool. If the wind keeps up and no more rain, MR would probably be OK.

TF

King of the Barneys
    Last night the trails were perfect. The little sprinkling around 430 packed down the dust and made for good traction. Glad I persevered and didn't cancel the ride. You should have a great time if it doesn't start pouring.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Aug 2004
    Ehhhh perhaps I was a bit premature with starting this thread....from my office here downtown the sun is out and it's slightly breezy...I think I'm good to go for the bday ride.

Sep 2004
    Where did you ride CBro? No L11? The trails were nice last night, except I could have forgone the sand pelting I got riding down Hulls (but this still beats riding in 100+degree heat or smoke).

King of the Barneys
    545 took the Barney squad out in M/R. I call it the M/R Barney Loop. Enter the cement culvert area, into the black forest, follow that along the sidehill until it comes out at the start of the big looping switchbacks, up to Bucks, down Bucks, then down the front and across the face, back into the bf and finish up at the tennis courts. Sunset was awesome with those amazing cloud formations last night.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Barneys Unite!
    Sorry I missed out. I was sure it was going to rain harder than it did, so I bagged it. It was a tad chilly, wasn't it?

King of the Barneys
    Coming down the face at speed was refreshingly cool, but still most excellent.

CDB

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    Sorry I missed out. I was sure it was going to rain harder than it did, so I bagged it. It was a tad chilly, wasn't it?
    There was a little chill, but overall, it was very pleasant. Sorry...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    how is the wind in boise right now?

King of the Barneys
    breezy, by the looks of the trees outside my windows, appears to be 10 to 15mpgh.

CDB

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah i am hoping it is awesome when i get home i skipped out yesterday because of the rain. but it is windy as hell in mountain home right now

Members who have read this thread: 0