Trail Conditions Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trail Conditions Report

Went out for my dog run today... Went up Kestrel and back down and did half of Red Sands... If it remains windy and it doesn't pour anymore, the trails should be good enough to ride later tomorrow. Puddles here and there that are avoidable. I'll probably stick with riding up 8th Street tomorrow to give the trails one more day...

mtbr member

Looks like it rained overnight

Forget the trails other than Rocky Canyon or 8th Street for a few days and even those roads maybe gumbo... I guess this is good motivation to train for Robie....

mtbr member

More updates

Around 3am, I ran up 8th to the Motorcycle parking lot and down the freeway... 8th Street is OK to ride and so is the connector to Hulls. However, the section from Hulls to Sidewinder is crappy. The first part of Sidewinder looked like mud as well... The rest of the Freeway down Kestrel was fine. I don't know how Hull's is (should be OK except for some puddles). Red Sands should be more like Red Mud...

Hi!!!
    Don't know where everyone else is at, but here in downtown not too long ago we got hit with a pretty decent snow shower that lasted about 10 mins or so.

Ugh.

Hi!!!
    I'm planning on riding up at Rocky Canyon tomorrow evening.

HOWEVER......

You guys think some of the trails will be rideable tomorrow (Hulls-Crestline-Kestrel or Military Reserve) will be too muddy?

Thanks

Nick

mtbr member

Yes...

Ran up Red Sands and down Freeway in the morning and the bottom of Red Sands (typically stays the muddiest-longest) was fine... Also went for a doggie ride (up and down Hulls) and except for a couple of puddles here and there, it was good to ride as well...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

ride Friday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Ran up Red Sands and down Freeway in the morning and the bottom of Red Sands (typically stays the muddiest-longest) was fine... Also went for a doggie ride (up and down Hulls) and except for a couple of puddles here and there, it was good to ride as well...
    Any of you guys want to meet to ride at around 3:30 tomorrow (Friday?). Hit me with an email at wildebakerATcableone.net.

Geoff

mtbr member

Yeah... I'm in

assuming we're meeting at camelsbutt.... i'm having a bit of old backpain so i maybe on a gearie....

Hi!!!
    Anything rideable today (starting at 530-6pm) after yesterday's rains? Or should I stick with SS'ing up Rocky Canyon tonight?

Thanks

Nick

mtbr member

Ran the Mil Reserve this morning...

And there is no gumbo... trails should be good...

Hi!!!
    I'm planning on hiking tonight. The original plan is to just hit Rocky Canyon. However if there is ANYTHING hikeable today, please let me know.

Thanks

Nick

mtbr member

Went for a run this morning...

Freeway is a little moist but with enough wind and sun, it should be OK later this afternoon/evening. The usual "good drainage" trails should be OK (Hulls, Freeway, maybe Squaw Creek, Dry Creek). The usual gumbo places should probably be avoided for a couple of days (Red Sands, #4, Mil Reserve, etc...).

Hi!!!
    Man totally forgot about the possiblity of doing Squaw! I'm now leaning towards that. Hope you're right flip!!!

Nick

mtbr member

Give it a shot...

and let us know how it was... when i used to live on that side of town, that is always good for a dry run... well, the bottom section by the farm thingie was marginal at times but beyond that was always good... the trail gets a lot of sun and wind exposure during the day. . probably more so than any trail around downtown...

Hi!!!
    It sucked. It started out OK. The road was definately "moist" but no mud sticking to the bottom of my hiking shoes. That all changed about .86 miles up. My shoes were getting pretty gunked up with mud. I decided to turn around and head back. Saw a handful of tire tracks, but only saw one biker coming up. Good thing I came down...as soon as I got to my rig it started to rain.

mtbr member

Same thing happened to me yesterday...

went for a ride and as soon as I put the bike away, the skies opened up. This morning I ran up Hulls, up #4, down Sidewinder and back down 8th. Everything but #4 is excellent. #4 is torn up and muddy... Give it a chance to recover before riding up or down it... I'm riding Corrals (weather permitting) later this afternoon and will report back on it's condition.

King of the Barneys

If you get to Corral's,

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    went for a ride and as soon as I put the bike away, the skies opened up. This morning I ran up Hulls, up #4, down Sidewinder and back down 8th. Everything but #4 is excellent. #4 is torn up and muddy... Give it a chance to recover before riding up or down it... I'm riding Corrals (weather permitting) later this afternoon and will report back on it's condition.
    Can you let us know if it's all torn up with barney brake divots? I can't hardly stand it anymore on my fully rigid SS with all the washboards caused by skidiots locking up their brakes.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member

sorry...

i got a late start so I never got to Corrals... Trails all around are drying up nicely with the wind and sun however...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Skidiots

great term. My intro to it.
    It'd be one thing if they got up to the saddle then it got muddy... but noooo.
    they slog thru it knowing it's bad then wonder why it suddenly got bad on the way down.
    SKIDIOTS!
    I think I'll go take photos tomorrow and start a webpage.
    www.boiseskidiots.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Skidjits

I can barely stand to ride Corrals from Bogus to 8th in peak season on full suspension cos of all the compression bump skid marks coming down the race track - let alone on a rigid SS. There are a couple of sections there that need some lovin'.

I fear that Shane's will turn the same way now that it's accessible from MR and the thundering herds of right-brake death-grippers. They ought to outlaw rear brakes in this town.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Hi!!!

New question here.

Anything rideable today after last night's rain or shall I stick with Rocky Canyon Road?

Thanks

Nick

Politically Incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Anything rideable today after last night's rain or shall I stick with Rocky Canyon Road?

Thanks

Nick
    I rode Highland Valley today at noon, and it was easily dry enough. I tried it on the single speed, so I ran out of time and turned back where Trail E heads up to Lucky Peak and didn't loop to Squaw or Cobb, but I'm sure they are also dry.

Hi!!!
    *IF* we get no rain between now and 6pm tomorrow night....y'all think anything will be rideable tomorrow?

Thanks

Nick

mtbr member

Should be fine...

Went for a short dog spin early evening and the trails were perfect. I'm going for a tiny easy spin tomorrow around 6 pm if you're interested. Alas, my legs are still sore from Robie so I doubt if I'll be able to make Earthpig's Monday evening ride... maybe I can make it next Monday.