Trail Condition 2007-2008- Mtbr.com
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Trail Condition 2007-2008

Post your trail conditions here. Plz keep it to trail condition topics.
    Last edited by Visicypher; 11-16-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Sep 2004
    Thanks for this sticky thread Visi. It would be great if we could use this thread to inform each other through the up-coming wet seasons of which trails are good to ride (in terms of physical condition) and which ones to avoid. This way, hopefully we can get in as much riding as we want, given the expected limitations, without damaging the trails.

Hoops - Big and Small
    8th street extension to Trail 4 to Trail 5 is in great shape right now get out there and ride it while you can.

Didn't run into any MXers, had the trail to myself!

blet drive
    today 12-14-07 frozen and fast.. watch the wood bridge in camels back right by the pond wiked slipery took me out... but a supper ride.. oh and whatch the ice on chickedy ridge
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Sep 2004
    What time did you ride? What trails did you ride?

blet drive
    rode the lower part of cammels back

bike me, then beer me

12-14 Saturday noon-200

oops that be 12-15 Saturday

Kestral to Sidwinder: hard frozen trail, some snow on upper hills
    Reserve connect to Shanes (going up from the fireman's clubhouse road), down the same way: somewhat soft but very firm by the road starting up first hill, picked up snow/mud on tires a bit, but no tracks left, frozen and hard all the way up from 1/2 up first hill.

Great day to ride!!!!

Afraid it will start melting soon this week.

Boise
    12/16....1:30ish

Hulls was in great shape...thin snow cover and solid most of the way up.

Crestline was good... snow on the north facing shaded areas, starting to soften up in the usual spots.

Kestral was lightly snow covered

Chickadee was good.

Unless we actually get some rain this week the riding should remain good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

12/17 10:00-11:00 Trail Conditions

Route: Kestral, MRP Connector, Bucktail, Central Ridge, Eagle Ridge, Mountain Cove, Red Cliffs

Conditions: Trails were 99% frozen, and the riding was exceptional (warm enough to not freeze my fingers and toes!). Ridgecrest where it leaves Mountain Cove Road should be avoided - its muddy when most other trails aren't. Access it instead by riding up the road toward the Police Shooting Range and going under the pipe gate - you get above the muddy section this way. Another few degrees warmer and a lot of the trails would have been muddy I think. Timing is everything!

Boise
    12/22.....

This afternoon the trails were great!

Bobs....Dry
    Powerline.......Dry w/ a patch of snow up top
    Sidewinder........about as good as it could get
    Kestral.......Good
    Chickadee........Good

Now that the snow is falling....tomorrow might be a different story?

Boise
    12/25...11:00-12:30

Kestral.....frozen
    Bucks, Three Bears, and Shanes was mostly frozen with a few soft spots

Was warming up and thawing......

mtbr member
    12/27/07 930am
    Hulls, Crestline, Sidewinder, Kestrel, Chickadee frozen early. If it remains cloudy and below freezing it should be good all day.
    Bucks, Shane's, Central Ridge, Mtn Cove, all have exposed soil that becomes gumbo if the sun hits it (but good when frozen)...
    Get out early if you have to ride...

Boise
    1/1/08

Bob's, Corrals, Freeway (Crestline), Kestral...........Snow

Spots of ice due to thaw and re-freeze....

mtbr member
    Most trails should be crap the next few days with warm temps, melting snow and no hard freeze at night. Some folks (on foot and bike) still insist on getting out there however. Check out the damage on the lower Tram trail.

Boise
    Sun 1/6....2:00PM

Shanes, Three Bears, Bucks, C Ridge.....Snow packed and good.

Originally planned on dropping down to Rocky Canyon to ride up to upper Three Bears....about a 1/4 mile up the road was glare ice with snow covering....unridable!

Wandervans

ice under snow pack

Trail 4 from upper 8th st parking lot down to hulls and over to sidewinder all have an ice layer under the fresh snow. I was just hiking with the dog and ended up on my ass three times so be very careful...

Seems like that ice layer is around the top of hulls in the central hills.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Jan 2008

Trail conditions?

Anyone know what the conditions are like on 26 or 31?

I'd go by my other user name but someone might take it the wrong way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTSWEAT
    Anyone know what the conditions are like on 26 or 31?

I'd go by my other user name but someone might take it the wrong way.
    Corrals and 3 Bears should be snow covered with some ice. The snow won't be as packed as the lower trails however so it will be a good workout...

mtbr member
    Homestead/Squaw Creek trails are still snow covered although the snow/ice is getting thin.

Tablerock and Castlerock trails are melting fast with lots of muddy stretches on the sections of trail that get a lot of sunshine. Hit this trail when it's frozen as any other time will be gumbo-city!

mtbr member
    1/10/08 Corrals- snow covered
    Hulls, Kestrel, Red Sands, Chickadee, Crestline, Owls Roost- mostly ice with some patches of mud. It's time to break out the studded tires

mtbr member
    by 830am today:
    MotoX parking lot to Hulls was half thawed and getting muddy. The snow/ice sections have turned into slush.
    MotoX parking lot to Corrals and Bob's is in the same condition.
    Crestline from Hulls (normally reliably icy or snow covered is pure slush-ankle deep)
    Upper Hulls (foot traffic only) is still snow covered but slushy. There are some 1 foot deep drifts further up the canyon.
    Basically the trails will be craptastic until we get another hard freeze then it's time to break out the:

Sep 2004

1-16-08 @ 2pm

Lower Hulls: icy and slippery

Crestline: toward Hulls = solid chunky ice (non-fun)

Sidewinder: not too bad, patches of stiff snow and ice

Wind: cold

5pm.

Central Ridge Spur Trails - Fudge soft with ice patches. I had to get off of it. It was so soft.

Toll Road Trail - Frozen solid with a few ice patches

It was much warmer than my 16 ride this morning, and the sun was thawing the clay sections of the trails. The Ridgecrest Trail looks trashed. It had a lot of traffic on it when it was soft, and it appears to be widening.

DmSledge

Bob's in the AM

Rode Bob's over to Crestline.Tuesday morning with two othe r's on single speeds. Frozen with sections of thick drift. 97% of the trail was navigable, even for the guys on SS. Crestline was bullit proof. I would not recommend this trail under any conditions.

mtbr member
    Don't forget that the R2R website has the latest Trail Conditions Reports. We've been trying to update it with a new trail report on an almost daily basis...
    http://ridgetorivers.org/

Sep 2004
    Flip: What's rideable in the MR? Makes no sense to spin when ya got a new bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    Flip: What's rideable in the MR? Makes no sense to spin when ya got a new bike.
    Mil Reserve is all good up to Shanes... 3 Bears should be ok as well but may have less packed snow...

mtbr member
    Corrals, Bobs, Upper Hulls, MotoX to Hulls at 10am today- mostly packed snow with frozen bare spots where the trail gets a lot of sun exposure and some small sections of ice....

mtbr member

owyhees are great

Went out again yesterday. Completely snow covered with ice underneath in some places.

It was great..certainly makes riding a bit more interesting. There can be consequences for going too fast down Bingo
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

mtbr member
    Mil Reserve trails have slushy snow with soft mud beneath the slush at 10am this morning. Wait for an overnight freeze before using. It will be icy after a freeze use studs if you have them...

blet drive

killer

trails were in killer shape on saterday

mtbr member
    930am-Owls Roost-Kestrel-Crestline-Mil Reserve-Mtn Cove-Ridgecrest-Elephant Rock = Packed snow. Good riding conditions! Watch out for ice on the Mil Reserve Connector and the Mtn Cove Road.

Boise
    So......are the trails total mushy crap with the warm weather we had today? or is the snow pack still good?

mtbr member

2/16

What are the trails like right now? Will they be rideable this weekend?
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    What are the trails like right now? Will they be rideable this weekend?
    It gets pretty muddy once the sun hits the trails... try to go on or before 8am while the ground is still crusty...

mtbr member
    the past two days, the trails have been frozen until 10am. After 10am, the sun heats up the ground enough to turn most trails into gumbo so using it will make it look like this (photo taken this morning)

If you can't get out there early, an option would be a ride up 8th Street. It's recently been graded so the muddy sections are not as bad as they normally would be (and if it was super-muddy, who cares? It's a street and used by cars, trucks and motorcycles after all)...

mtbr member

Thursday 2/21

Things are drying out quickly, but not quick enough.
    I rode up RCR today and only got about one mile past the cattle guard before having to do more hike-a-bike than riding. It is impassable on bike due to snow and ice.
    I also rode up Shane's from RCR about 1/2 mile before it turned to mud and had to turn back.
    Tuesday I rode through the reserve until you get to the switchbacks leading to Buck's. Once you get to the dirt portion of the switchbacks it is too muddy to use.

Any other dry places out there?
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    Things are drying out quickly, but not quick enough.
    I rode up RCR today and only got about one mile past the cattle guard before having to do more hike-a-bike than riding. It is impassable on bike due to snow and ice.
    I also rode up Shane's from RCR about 1/2 mile before it turned to mud and had to turn back.
    Tuesday I rode through the reserve until you get to the switchbacks leading to Buck's. Once you get to the dirt portion of the switchbacks it is too muddy to use.

Any other dry places out there?
    Try Mtn Cove (the road) to 3 Bears (the road that passes by the shooting range) to Trail 5. That is mostly road until the start of 5 which is a sandy trail that is mostly sun exposed so I'm guessing is that it's dry until you get close to Trail 4/Devil's Slide. I'm going to check it out today to see how it looks... It's a nice little grunt up the first part of 5 also...

mtbr member

Thanks G

I rode up Mt Cove Road Tuesday for a while until it got sloppy as well. I did not even try any of the formal trails as I presumed that I would only get to go up a quarter mile and likely have to turn back around.
    Oh well, 1/4 up, 1/4 mile back down, 2 miles up the road, 2 miles back, repeat for workout!
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    I rode up Mt Cove Road Tuesday for a while until it got sloppy as well. I did not even try any of the formal trails as I presumed that I would only get to go up a quarter mile and likely have to turn back around.
    Oh well, 1/4 up, 1/4 mile back down, 2 miles up the road, 2 miles back, repeat for workout!
    Hey K!
    I ran up Trail 5 to where it levels off... Some snow drifts past the steep part but the trail itself has drained very well... It should be good to ride... Once I got to the top, the snow started. Before I can get to the shooting range, the ground was covered in snow... Crazy weather!

blet drive
    crazzy snow

mtbr member
    I ran the following trails this afternoon at 4pm and they were surprisingly in good condition and good enough to ride
    Military Reserve Connector (I ran up Crestline Road and tried to run up CrestlineTrail but Crestline was muddy). When going down Mil Reserve Connector, there are still some ice left over in the shade, right on the singletrack. Try to run them over to break them up to speed up the melting process.
    Mtn Cove Trail still needs another day before it should be good.
    3 Bears by the Shooting Range (not 3 Bears off of Rocky Canyon) is good although the road right by the Shooting Range is crap.
    Trail 5 is in great condition.
    Elephant Rock is good but the the lollipop switchback section still needs another day.

mtbr member
    I did this route this morning on the bike... At the end of the ride, this is as muddy as my bike got... It should only get better by this weekend...

Stay away from Bucks (or really any other Mil Reserve Trail other than Lower 3 Bears and Trail 5)... As you can see in this picture, Bucktail is basically a stream right now...

mtbr member
    02/27/08 Hulls is good with the occassional icy spot (typically around the blind corners so be careful). The shady part of Crestline is still icy/wet and muddy when thawed (which is almost all the time now) so to make a loop, try going up to the MotoX Parking Lot and back down or go up 8th to go down Hulls. Lots of trail users on Hulls now because of the warmer weather so be mindful of other users.
    Crestline is good only from Kestrel to Sidewinder.
    Sidewinder is mostly good once you get past the first few yards.

Road by the shooting range: Filled with dry goodness
    Trail #5: Dry until the power lines. Snow past that. Lots of snow. It should be open in another another week, if we continue to have warm weather.
    Sidewinder: 1-2 yds of soft trail at the bottom, and then from there it is dry to tacky all the way to #4.
    Reserve to Crestline: Dry except for one shaded spot. Ride through it...not around it.

Jan 2008
    Lewis and Clark Caverns outside of three forks will be down for a while. The dump we got today also put 3+ inches of snow on pipestone and the caverns. I was lucky and rode the snow before it turned everything to soup.

Boise
    All Reserve trails were good today....spots of mud, but easy to skirt....

Connector to Kestral and then Chickadee were good.

Trail top surface in the Reserve is pretty beat up from hikers/runners.....evidently they don't know when call off a hike or run due to mud.

The entire Bucktail is rideable and varies from firm to tacky. Ridgecrest up to Bucktail is dry. Freestone (the trail that parallels the road) is firm to tacky.

Look out!
    3/5 I rode from camels back to chickadee, which had a 12" wide dry path down to the water tank road, up Kestral which was fine up to the "Y" where both sides were goo, Crestline/Freeway was good to Sidewinder, the first 100 yards or so of Sidewinder were muddy with a few dry lines but after that it was fine all the way to the trail 4 intersection. Looking down trail 4 to Hulls Gulch I could see snow patches and mud. So I passed on that and went back down Sidewinder to Redcliffs which was good to the short section just above the red cliffs. Still all rideable. First ride of the year on dirt for me. Yay! Glad to get off the road bike, dealing with cars are a pain.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    let's narrow it down to sections that are still muddy:
    1. last 20 yards of kestrel connecting with crestline
    2. last 50 yards of of the 8th Street Connector from Hulls.
    3. Trail 4 from Sidewinder to Hulls
    4. backside off the top Tablerock heading towards the crack/stairs
    5. Corrals right between Bob's and 8th.

mtbr member
    the connector between Lower 3 Bears (the road by the Shooting Range) and Shanes is muddy. This will take some time to dry as it only gets a little bit of morning sun and no afternoon sun at all...

Boise
    Bobs is pretty good....a bit of mud still in the lower creek and one section towards the top...

Crestline is good....still a little wet at the very top, but otherwise drying out well

Reserve connector....good

Chickadee......Dry

All in all..a nice spring like day!

Jan 2008
    Bozeman Creek is obviously groomed snowpack (not sure if it ever leaves), but due to the "warm" weather, has MAD ice in the shady spots.

On your way up mentally tag the avalanche spot that they groomed over. It's helluva fun to hit on the way down.

mtbr member
    Military Reserve is totally dry including Eagle's Ridge and Cottonwood/Black Forest. There is a section on Cottonwood by the steps to the Eagle's Ridge connector trail (close to where Cottonwood ends at the Cheesegrater) that is very chopped up by pedestrians. Since the soil in that area is the consistency of clay right now, it would be a great time for bikers to pack it down by riding on it so if you're riding in the Mil Reserve area, please ride Cottonwood Creek to help smooth it out...
    Thanks!
    G

BTW- Has anyone been up to Scott's recently and if so, what condition is it in?

mtbr member

Scott's

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Military Reserve is totally dry including Eagle's Ridge and Cottonwood/Black Forest. There is a section on Cottonwood by the steps to the Eagle's Ridge connector trail (close to where Cottonwood ends at the Cheesegrater) that is very chopped up by pedestrians. Since the soil in that area is the consistency of clay right now, it would be a great time for bikers to pack it down by riding on it so if you're riding in the Mil Reserve area, please ride Cottonwood Creek to help smooth it out...
    Thanks!
    G

BTW- Has anyone been up to Scott's recently and if so, what condition is it in?
    G, I rode Corrals yesterday and there were still some wet/snow covered spots up higher. The long climb on Corrals up to the saddle where Scott's emptys is dry, but it looked like it was wetter up towards Scott's.
    From previous years, it seems like the soil on Scott's in more black dirt and stays muddier longer. My guess is that it is probably pretty soupy.
    BoiseBoy

Jan 2008
    Lewis and Clark was "ok" last night. You can almost climb the whole thing up to the saddle. Patchy ice spots and mud can be avoided by riding 2 inches into the grass, or if you are feeling brave, ride the ice and hope for the best.

The other side is another monster. Once you get over the saddle, you are on the north facing side, and going downhill on snowy ice for 60% of the trip to the bottom of the basin. Climbing up to the parking lot for the caverns is mostly clear and the snowy icy spots have way more traction than you think.

Do yourself a favour and take the road down to your car. Climbing back out of the basin would take forever going back the way you came.

Dec 2007
    what do helena and butte look like? iwas in helena last week and it was really good weather but snow was still visible on the surrounding hills/mountains

mtbr member
    Ran Crestline-Mil Reserve Connector-Mtn Cove and Elephant Rock this morning... The first 20 yards of Crestline from Crestline road was a little slick but otherwise Crestline was fine (the connectors to Kestrel looked fine as well). Mil Reserve Connector had some soft spots but otherwise good. Mtn Cove and Elephant Rock was good. Some sun, no more rain and wind should dry the trails up nicely by this afternoon or tomorrow. Any more moisture and it will get sloppy really fast...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

homer mtb loop

Kestral, down cotton wood connector, up central ridge, Then Shane's Loop, and back. and the trails were in great shape.. a few slippery spots here and there but nothing that couldn't be avoided...
    spokes-person

mtbr member

owyhee's all over

Trails are perfect except for the ^%#&^%*% horse hoof craters
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

High Plains Drifter
    May 2004

Driggs/Grand Targhee

LOTS OF SNOW! Go skiing or boarding. 44" in the last 5 days. Its Gooooood.

http://www.grandtarghee.com/

oops...
    Toll Road, Central Ridge, Shane's, and Buck Tail are all good. There are a few soft spots that are easily avoided. The very end of Cottonwood Creek was a bit more wet than I had hoped.

With respect to the Cheesegrater: you know that narrow spot that you have to hit to cross the drainage where water is rushing through from the far side of the road? Don't miss it -- you will endo in front of a large number of hikers (all of whom will be amused), your bike will be washed a good 10-15 feet downstream, and you might even bend your read der. for the umpteenth time which will finally put to rest the questions about how many times you can bend it back straight before you have to buy a new one. To make matters worse, you'll peel some skin off your little finger and thumb, which will make it hard to type a post about trail conditions.

Or so I'm told...
    Last edited by hodgee; 03-22-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Boise
    Reserve, Shanes, Rocky Canyon, Upper Three Bears, Lower Three Bears, Bucks......

Dry and ready to rip!

mtbr member
    03/25/08 10am- Castlerock-Tablerock Loop-Tablerock Trail-Rock Island-Rock Garden-Old Pen trails are all in good shape (that is, before the 11am drizzles). The ground is currently the consistency of hard play-doh so it's excellent traction. If we get substantial rain, the same trails will become gumbo very quickly so pray for dry weather...

Jan 2008
    Lemme check the trail conditions for Bozeman:

*looks into back yard*

Yup. Still won't be rideable for a few months. (snow is falling. again.)

mtbr member
    03/27/08 830am Mtn Cove, Central Ridge Spur, Central Ridge, Ridgecrest, Toll Road, Elephant Rock
    Some moist spots but no major mud. With the wind and sun forecasted for today, those spots should be good to go by early afternoon...

Jan 2008
    Went up Hyalite yesterday and did some messing about on foot. Easily 4-5 feet deep at the bridge below the reservoir, plus however much fell last night and is still falling.

I hate this place during winter.

mtbr member

three bears

did rocky canyon to three bears to shanes to bucks to red sands. Only the very top of three bears was soft but not muddy. everything was dry and ready to rip.
    today's youth will be the ones running the world in short time. be nice.

RambleSS

Hulls/Buck/MR

Hey all. Im new to the forum but not to the area trails. So, hi!

NEways, I don't know if I'm totally being Captain Obvious but I rode Chick Ridge, Hulls, Freeway, Buck, and dropped down off the ridge into the MR lot today. 99% was dry or almost dry. Some moist spots on the lowest elevation trails in the MR, specially the woods.

Hey rideondrirt, thanks for the tip on 3bears! I was wondering about hitting 3bears Wed morning. Looks like its on! Im rollin out around 10:45. Anyone who wants to join shoot me a PM (sorry bout the late notice).

Peace

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Orchard Gulch-Five Mile: Still winter, snowed in most of the way. Don't bother for a couple weeks.

6 Connector between 3Bears and 5-6 Junction: Best it's ever been. Firm and fast, not the usual dust bow. Drop your fork and let er rip.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Rock Island (Table Rock area) had some work done to it recently. I went up this Saturday and it looks great. The trail was ALMOST dry. One moist spot, but nothing serious.

mtbr member
    R2R will be ending the updates on the Trail Conditions spreadsheet in the next few days. We'll still update the R2R website with trail openings as the foothills clear of snow and the upper trails dry up. We'll start the Trail Conditions updates again in late autumn.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Thanks

Just wanted to thank everyone for pitching in about the trail conditions this past winter, I found it very helpful.

Wandervans
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    R2R will be ending the updates on the Trail Conditions spreadsheet in the next few days. We'll still update the R2R website with trail openings as the foothills clear of snow and the upper trails dry up. We'll start the Trail Conditions updates again in late autumn.
    So is polecat offically reopened?
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    So is polecat offically reopened?
    Yes but the trail above Cartwright is painfully sandy and no dogs are allowed there. It's a nice CX loop though.

Wandervans
    No dogs are allowed on all of the polecat trails?
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    No dogs are allowed on all of the polecat trails?
    that would be correct...

Wandervans
    Why are dogs not allowed on all the trails, seems unusual.

this info is also not post on the web or maps which would be helpful.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

beer is good
    It's on the R2R site, looks like after Aug. 1 the dogs will be allowed.
    One Important Note:
    Effective December 1, 2007 - August 1, 2008, dogs will not be allowed in the Polecat Reserve. This is due to the inventory and assessment of Aase's onion populations and a reserve specific vegetation and wildlife habitat review. The Aase's onion is a rare plant that only occurs in the foothills. the inventory and review is being conducted by Idaho Conservation Data Center in conjunction with the City of Boise. This project will be completed by August 1, 2008. Long term management decisions with respect to allowance of dogs in this area will be made at that time. For further information on this project, the goals of the Boise Foothills Open Space Management Plan and Aase's onion please visit www.cityofboise.org/departments/parks/foothills. 11/7/07
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

Wandervans
    Quote Originally Posted by Nels
    It's on the R2R site, looks like after Aug. 1 the dogs will be allowed.
    One Important Note:
    Effective December 1, 2007 - August 1, 2008, dogs will not be allowed in the Polecat Reserve. This is due to the inventory and assessment of Aase's onion populations and a reserve specific vegetation and wildlife habitat review. The Aase's onion is a rare plant that only occurs in the foothills. the inventory and review is being conducted by Idaho Conservation Data Center in conjunction with the City of Boise. This project will be completed by August 1, 2008. Long term management decisions with respect to allowance of dogs in this area will be made at that time. For further information on this project, the goals of the Boise Foothills Open Space Management Plan and Aase's onion please visit www.cityofboise.org/departments/parks/foothills. 11/7/07
    Makes sense... thanks
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

mtbr member

Trail 4

I rode up trail 6 onto trail 4 yesterday and had to turn around because of snow on the trail.
    That part of 4 won't likely be ready for a couple of weeks.
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Twisted Sister/D's Chaos/Rabbit Run/Big Springs are all in pretty good shape. Starting to get really dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

Ridge Road is clear from Aldape to Trail #4. Trail #4 is VERY sandy. At the minimum, it has 3-4 inches of sand on it. The Devil's Slide section was pretty chewed up. Trails #6 and #5 are super fast right now, with excellent traction. Watch out for people coming uphill.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Ridge Road is clear from Aldape to Trail #4. Trail #4 is VERY sandy. At the minimum, it has 3-4 inches of sand on it. The Devil's Slide section was pretty chewed up. Trails #6 and #5 are super fast right now, with excellent traction. Watch out for people coming uphill.
    The Kubota crew was up on the 4 connector yesterday - chopped a couple of trees, put in a new culvert, redirected some snowmelt and totally widened, chewed up and dumbed down the trail. It was a nice trail last week. I guess the brap braps like sucky.

Saw the Bobcat/Kubota.

I really thought it WOULDN'T be that sandy up there (even on the Connector), but it was. The whole way down all I could think was "I really wish I was on my Bullit".

all about the ride down
    Apr 2008

Good job! Pine Creek Bench trails

The Pine Creek Bench trails off highway 33 are August dry already and the throttle twisters are out there buffing them out for us. All and all the trails are 99% rideable.
    Chris
    The More People I Meet the More I Prefer Dogs!

mortman
    Aug 2006

Three Bear

Rode Rocky Canyon up Three Bear down Central Ridge to Reserve on Saturday morning.

AWESOME!!! Dirt was very nice. Enough moisture to hold together and not be dusty.

Oh....it may have been heaven, except it was followed by a day at work.

Get it while it is nice!
    ride to work, work to live, live to ride.

Fly fat ass fly !
    Today before the wind storm dry creeks upper quarter was trimmed . Its not nearly as loose and sandy as other trails . I think some of lower parts need trimmed too. I might head up Wed.
    CHEERS
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

Rocks Rock

Post rain 9/21

What's dry? What's muddy?
    Am I being kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0