Tommorrow- Sat. 10/28- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Tommorrow- Sat. 10/28

Anyone riding and want a newbie along? Dunno I may be slow, bike may break but I will try :P
    Suppose to be nice if not a little cool.

Vince

Jul 2006
    Sorry no one posted a reply. I got some household stuff happening today, but don't give up. This board seems to be really newb friendly.

mtbr member
    I may be interested in riding sunday afternoon, as of right now, I do not have any plans to ride, but I am easily convinced, as is my wife. I too am also a newb, but am always up to trying anything. Where do you prefer to ride? Jarrod

Mar 2006

Good job! Sunday AM ride

I, too am a newb. I'll be doing the Mil Reserve area tomorrow (Sunday) morning about 9:00 AM til 11:00. Gotta be at work at 12 noon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's ok I went out to ride Silver City Scenic Loop but couldn't find the turnoff. So ended going way up reynolds creek and riding down some of the dirt roads. Interesting feeling running 25 mph (scared to go much faster) down unimproved dirt road, hehe. I have a few pictures I will post later. Was alot of steep 4 wheel drive roads I couldn't get the nerve up to go down :P

Vince

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Couple of pictures

The View

Dirt road I rode/pushed bike up (friggin steep in spots)

4wd road I was to chicken to go down.

Same 4wd road looking up (I pushed my bike up it will be fun I think with little more practice)

I didn't go to the top was quite a bit farther, where I parked it looked like the road got rougher but it didn't , I could of drove to the top. Would be a good spot to do a car shuffle for some downhill runs. Lots of 4wd roads take shortcuts down the mountain.

Vince

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GVMV
    It's ok I went out to ride Silver City Scenic Loop but couldn't find the turnoff. So ended going way up reynolds creek and riding down some of the dirt roads.
    Dude...you weren't too far from the Wilson Creek area. Which way did you get to Reynold's Creek? Through Marsing or Nampa? If you came in through Marsing, once you get past Givens Hot Spring, the turnoff for Wilson Creek is not that much further ahead. just look for the Wilson Creek sign on the right hand side of a road. There is a grayish house right by it and across the highway is a very small volunteer fire department building. There are a couple of parking lots on either side of the road. I tend stay on Wilson Creek Road and once it turns to dirt right by the entrance to the feedlot, there is a parking lot on the left and that is where I park and then dork around there for a while.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I know I saw the turn off for Wilson creek, but I was actually looking for Silver City Scenic Loop since it is much higher up and won't be able to go there once snow comes, something like 6000' feet, just ended up at Reynolds.

Members who have read this thread: 0