Thursday Night Rides - Lucky 11 Lives!- Mtbr.com
    King of the Barneys

Thursday Night Rides - Lucky 11 Lives!

Well, friends, what a great night. This was my barney squad night, so I started at 530 for a hard hour solo with just me and the Rev in the MR, then met the group at CB Park at 645, good to ride with TFloyd and Commander Fred. What a beeeyootiful night. Didn't see any of the board reg'lars out, (musta all been out taking bets on how much air on Rock Island Nick would get) but hey, it was cool, breezy and the sunset was grand.

Pic-nic in the park afterwards was great too. A six of Alaskans and Twilight, and lots of food. Tx for the homemade salsa, Terry, and until next time,

your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses, saying, goodnight. Thought for sure I'd see Flib & R& RB, as they always seem to be around on Barney nights. O well.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses, saying, goodnight. Thought for sure I'd see Flib & R& RB, as they always seem to be around on Barney nights. O well.
    I ran into Flip and RRB on the climb up Kestrel, so they were out.

The temps were nice tonight, but the smoke in the air is killing me! I think it might be healthier to sit on the sofa and eat potato chips, than to ride right now. It felt like I'd smoked a pack of cigarettes, but hte time I made it home to L13.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Aug 2004
    Any chance you can do your Barney Ride on the 6th next week? The big Orgygon St. v BSU game is on Thursday and I plan on at least catching the 2nd half on the boob tube.

Had a great night of riding up at Rock Island. Man that place is too much damn fun!

King of the Barneys
    I'll probably move it back to Tuesdays. This is a benevolent dictatorship, but I'm constantly trying to accomodate as many as possible.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Barneys Unite!
    I will try to make it either night. Last night was a good ride and great fun.

The sunset was unbelieveable.

TF

Sep 2004
    CBro: I looked for your crew when I got back to the parking lot but didn't see you. My girls and I went to L13. Saw RRB and Flip on Hulls. Saw laffeaux (I think this is you???) with a huge pack of boys at the bottom of Sidewinder and at L13. A bunch of us were out; we just missed each other.

mtbr member
    I tried to make it, but there was a big wreck on 84, that made me 15min. late. this was my first ride from camels back, and had a great time ho hulls. I am going to try leaving earlier for next weeks ride. Jarrod

King of the Barneys
    Well, to SFS, we didn't get back until pretty dark, and I had to serve refreshments with a light on my head, and to Jarrod, sorry I missed you! Was looking forward to checking out the shark bike.

I did see some folks I know, Jake's group of uber-riders were out, showing the common folk how it's spozed to look like. cool stuff.

Now what's all this smoke in the valley? I ain't seen all this shite in the air since I was kid in East L.A. !!

CDB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    CBro: I looked for your crew when I got back to the parking lot but didn't see you. My girls and I went to L13. Saw RRB and Flip on Hulls. Saw laffeaux (I think this is you???) with a huge pack of boys at the bottom of Sidewinder and at L13. A bunch of us were out; we just missed each other.
    It was good seeing you on the trail, and at L13. I was out with my regular Tues/Thur group, and lately it's been mostly guys (we used to have a better mix).
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Now what's all this smoke in the valley? I ain't seen all this shite in the air since I was kid in East L.A. !!
    All the smoke in the valley has given me lung butter and I'm not digging one little bit. The only good thing about it is I can hock a loog and hit the print room window 3 cubes over without having to get out of my chair.

As for the origin of the smoke me thinks it's the coming global superstorm just like Art Bell says.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Barneys Unite!
    Anyone else wearing contact lenses today? Not fun.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    bah contact lense burn...it isn't pain until the fridge light hurts....

When I was a kid we fed our eyes to the dogs....

Sighted people. Bah!! I say!!! Bah!!! Use don't need no good eyes to ride dem dair bicycles.

(And of vision angst)
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Members who have read this thread: 0