Thinking about a date change for the Fears Tears and Beers.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Thinking about a date change for the Fears Tears and Beers.

I know several of you Southern Idaho folks have come down for this race in the past so I thought I'd post this update/question in this forum as well.

We've been holding the annual Fears Tears and Beers MTB Enduro on the second saturday in June for the past five years.

The past two years have been cold and snowy and people have complained about the race conflicting with the Ashland 12 mile SuperD.

We're thinking about changing it to July 9th for 2011.

The risk of snow will be almost zilch and it will be too early for the monsoons, but it may be hot (85-95F).
    Trails will be more dry and loose but generally are still in really good shape.

Does anyone know what other events this date may conflict with or have any input they'd like to share? Perhaps you liked the snow.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Can't tell you what date would be best for your local conditions but I have chosen the Ashland race over yours but have wanted to check yours out for a couple of years now. Not coinciding with Ashland or the Hood River Super D would be very good things.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input. I'd love to get it so it doesn't conflict with the 12 mile Super D in Ashland,Oregon. When is the Hood River Super D? (Edit: I see the Hood River Super D is the last weekend in May so that one shouldn't conflict)

I found out that July 9th weekend is Downieville which would take a lot of our potential Reno area and Northern Cali folks away, so that may not work.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe June 25th?
    Last edited by KRob; 11-22-2010 at 11:41 AM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

It's official. June 11th, 2011

We had our Great Basin Trails Alliance meeting tonight and voted on the date for this year's Fears Tears and Beers Enduro and have settled on Saturday, June 11th.

We risk the weather a bit more but this really is the best weekend for us and our sponsoring Hotel. Plus most of the time it's the best dirt and weather as well. We've had rain/snow races the last two years but every other year it's been perfect..... and they've moved the Ashland 12-Mile Super D to the following weekend so no conflict there.

Not only that..... it's my birthday!! Everyone will be obliged to go slow and let me win..

So mark the date. Hope to see you there.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Do you have a website...

...the link above didn't work.

mtbr member

That's the correct web address....

Quote Originally Posted by durkind
    ...the link above didn't work.
    Thanks for the heads up. That's the first I noticed that. I'll let the website administrator know he's out of bandwidth.

www.greatbasintrails.org

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0