Tamarack Pics (no witty title this time)- Mtbr.com

Jan 2005

Tamarack Pics (no witty title this time)

I went up to Tamarack for the first time on Saturday, and it was absolutely amazing. My dad, my little brother, Russell and I basically did entirely Super G runs, and were happy that way. What a blast!

This is the sweetest freeride feature I've ever ridden. You can jump off the wallride all the way from the top, and the landing is very steep, so it hits nice. It's cool because you're moving in all 3 dimensions, and you're rotating about all 3 axis's. It's just so sweet.
    EDIT: Found a better quality video host...
    Video of me hitting the wallride

This particular step-down is on Super G and it is following a 180 degree berm, so it can be a struggle to make the speed. The landing is an additional foot or so after the photo ends.

Me getting up there on the wallride. This was actually my first try and it came out surprisingly well. I still was going higher, but Russell was having a really hard time catching it with the long lag.

Right before going over the top with my front tire and going down. You can tell I came in with way too agressive of an attack angle. You can see where my rear tire skidded up by the corner, especially in the last shot. Last time I hit it...

This is Russell doing the rock drop on lower show-low.

My Dad doing the same drop. It's funny, because when we first got him the mountain bike, he was barely comfortable riding Hulls, but now he's out trying drops like people half his age...

Him doing the ladder thing... You can tell he was moving pretty quick in the shot.

Kyle doing the same thing...

And most importantly and hilariously:
    Kyle after taking a spill or two (or more) in the dust...

It was super fun, and I just hope you guys like the pictures...

Trevor
    Last edited by DelTaco; 08-31-2006 at 04:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That last pic is priceless. That's exactly why we all ride.

just a man
    Nice stuff!

King of the Barneys
    Nice pics, looked like a lot of fun, Terv....were you in the TDF Parade?

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

aaarrrggghh!
    That video is sweet. I love that wall ride/drop option. It took me a couple of attempts to get the approach right. Its so slippery leading into the wall that it feels awkward getting the speed and approach right. Nice riding!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Nice ridin man

That was some smooth ridin. Have yet to do a wallride but yours looked smoooth!
    And it's fair to say that, your little bro is one stoked little dude

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nice, good job on that wall.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    That video is sweet. I love that wall ride/drop option. It took me a couple of attempts to get the approach right. Its so slippery leading into the wall that it feels awkward getting the speed and approach right. Nice riding!
    Thanks! I wish youtube hadn't crap-o-fied the quality so you can actually see what's going on...

My first try was actually one of my best because I came into it like a retard on crack. It is kinda tricky though, because the way the S-turn lays out, it really doesn't put you into the wallride that greatly, and the problem is compounded by the slick ground as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Nice pics, looked like a lot of fun, Terv....were you in the TDF Parade?

CDB
    Sadly not this year. Last year was really sweet, but I couldn't make it this time around. Maybe next year...

Quote Originally Posted by sinister37
    nice, good job on that wall.
    Thanks!
    The video is almost as smooth as I got it, but as far as height goes, I went about a foot higher on my best one... I wish the batteries hadn't died on us on our second run, or we would have gotten some really sweet pictures.

And I wish I had gotten pictures of Kyle doing some of the stuff he did later. He rode most of rockstar, ESR, and was clearing some of the jumps too.

Trevor

Aug 2004
    Pretty damn awesome pix! I don't know what's cooler....the lil' kid having bigger balls than me or the old man having bigger balls than me. Major props to 'em!

just a man
    I gotta say that those wallrides were TIGHT and the entrance off the s-turn does make it really difficult to ride. I tried a few but found they really screwed up my flow. I never thought of just riding off the side of it... nice job.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I gotta say that those wallrides were TIGHT and the entrance off the s-turn does make it really difficult to ride. I tried a few but found they really screwed up my flow. I never thought of just riding off the side of it... nice job.
    The problem is making it to the landing and sticking it smoothly. You have to clear about 5-6 feet, and rotate pretty significantly on all axis's. But still, you should give it a shot next time you're up there. And the top one especially screws up the flow. I was jumping from about 3-4 feet up on it, and it was so incredibly rough and sketchy...

Thanks all for the comment and feedback. I appreciate it!

Trevor

Jan 2005
    Found a better upload site for the video clip so you can actually see it.

http://media.putfile.com/Tamarack-Wallride

Members who have read this thread: 0