Tamarack to Ourselves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Tamarack to Ourselves

What a great way to spend a Friday and get out of the smokey valley. Didn't see another rider the entire time.

We rode for over 4 hours (just lower trails/skills park/jump park) and had a blast. Finished off the evening with a soak at Gold Fork. Great day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everytime that wheel turn round
    bound to cover just a little more ground!

just a man
    Very cooool!!!!

Aug 2004
    Hey...glad you guys didn't slam your ribs into the ground!!!

mtbr member
    you're glad?! no, I'm glad! Not that we didn't try....

mtbr member

Bored at work

I thought I would throw a few more pictures up since we took them!(and I'm bored at work) It's hard to make yourself stop and take pictures, but we got a few good ones. This was the first time I had tooled around on the lower trails and "challenge park" They were a lot of fun! The "challenge park" however was not all that challenging, maybe some true skinnies would be a nice addition. The "jump park" was very overgrown and pretty beat up. I thought they did a good job with the flow of the lower trails, it was easy to crank out loop after loop and put some miles in. We must have done 8-9 laps and only repeated the trails we wanted to repeat. Fun Fun Fun!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Too bad I was out of town- we could have had a little Saber get-together. I'm not sure why, but the challenge park was made easier some time this spring. All the tricky spots on the log ride were cleaned up and the one log ride was removed too.

Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw1
    Finished off the evening with a soak at Gold Fork. Great day!
    C'mon! Where's some pics of the "soak"?

Aug 2004
    I don't want to see Rich soaking!!

----

Speaking of Tam....

Anyone have pix of Super G leading down to the first wall ride at the top? I've seen Back2Kill's pic, but I was hoping for a pic that showed it as if you were coming down like 15-20 feet before....I want to put that pic next to my xrays!

mtbr member
    Like Nick said nobody wants to see that!! Now Mtngirl on the other hand.... To bad the camera was put away!

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Kill
    C'mon! Where's some pics of the "soak"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Too bad I was out of town- we could have had a little Saber get-together. I'm not sure why, but the challenge park was made easier some time this spring. All the tricky spots on the log ride were cleaned up and the one log ride was removed too.
    Yeah probably the only 2 Sabers in the state!

The one log ride was way to easy! After 1 or 2 tries it was gravy. They should have made some of it real skinny so at least it would be challenging. I saw several terrain features, in my opinion, that could have been incorporated into the trails and challenge park but were not. I would like to see more natural features included in the trails instead of having the trails go around them.

We rode the chairlift one day up there last year(way fricken dusty and loose) and I had much more fun this year in the meadow area. I'm not sure but I think we rode about every trail in that area. I think they are doing a good job and in a few years it could be really really nice.

Aug 2004
    My goal for next year up at Tam is to hit it earlier in the season rather than wait till August/September when it will be chewed up. And then later in the summer I'll hit up Brundage if I need some more chairlift action.

The more I think about my crash, the more I believe that a big part of the reason I crashed was because my front tire just got sucked into a rut that had several inches of loose dirt filling it up. Well that and rider error (although I don't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary). I'd definately like to hit up the other biking areas, but unless I get some suprise gas $ or don't have to work at REI on the weekends this fall...that will have to wait until next year as well.

mtbr member
    I'd definately like to hit up the other biking areas, but unless I get some suprise gas $ or don't have to work at REI on the weekends this fall...that will have to wait until next year as well.[/QUOTE]

Nick is there ever a day during the week you could go? I am in one of my more days off the better moods this months. I really want to get back up there one more time this season. Taking that time off the bike for my shoulder has got me wanting to ride all the time. I would split the gas with a person or two who were wanting to go.

I just got a new rig so I can haul 4 people and two bikes or 2 people and 4 bikes huh how the hell did that work out. Actually I bet I could do 3 people 3 bikes. Much better gas milage than my truck but not as much room. So much for road trippin on the sofa and taking your bedroom with you(gotta love a full size pickup truck)

Aug 2004
    Nick is there ever a day during the week you could go? I am in one of my more days off the better moods this months. I really want to get back up there one more time this season. Taking that time off the bike for my shoulder has got me wanting to ride all the time. I would split the gas with a person or two who were wanting to go.
    Unfortunately no. My next time off won't be until Dec. when I'm off in Oahu for a week while you guys here deal with the inversion and a 5" base at Bogus.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Unfortunately no. My next time off won't be until Dec. when I'm off in Oahu for a week while you guys here deal with the inversion and a 5" base at Bogus.

We found some good riding on Oahu the only time I was there. Heck, there was even a downhill shuttle!!! The best thing was, the trails end right to the North Shore...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Come on we could have a foot by then

Thank god for SNOWBIRD

mtbr member
    The terrain features you saw probably were included in the trails originally and have been overgrown. The guys building the trails never missed a chance to throw in some cool stuff, but most of the stuff doesn't get ridden. Mcidmtb will attest to that if he ever posts on here again.

Members who have read this thread: 0