Tamarack area lodging- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tamarack area lodging

I've been trying to find lodging for a night or two near Tamarack, but everything I've found is either over $200 or far away. I've searched the internet and bought a couple books, but everything is so selective!

Does anyone know of a fun place to stay that won't break the bank? $75-$120 / night works.

After Tamarack we'll be heading to McCall for two or three nights, so any great ideas for accomodations in that area would be great too!

FWIW, we WILL have camping gear, and plan to camp for a couple nights, then stay in lodges a few, so if there are really great campgrounds anywhere in the area, especially near water, please let us know!

We really appreciate any help! Thanks!

mtbr member
    McCall is only 20 minutes away from Tamarack and is a cool town. There are plenty of hotels/motels there or you can rent a cabin that is within your daily price range. McCall is also a central location since most of the good rides are within a 20 mile radius of the town....

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    McCall is only 20 minutes away from Tamarack and is a cool town. There are plenty of hotels/motels there or you can rent a cabin that is within your daily price range. McCall is also a central location since most of the good rides are within a 20 mile radius of the town....

Thanks Flip! Yeah, I feel lame . Why was I under the impression that it was over an hour from McCall to Tamarack?

mtbr member
    Maybe Flip drives faster than I do, or doesn't get stuck behind dumptrucks, but I figure 30 minutes for the drive from downtown McCall to Tam.
    I thought Tamarack was doing some lodging deals with lift passes, but I haven't checked those prices. The state has lots of CGs along the road to Tam on Cascade Reser... Lake. Otherwise stay in McCall at a hotel, or camp. Ponderosa State Park is essentially in-town and surrounded by water- you'll be lucky to get a spot there though as its the most popular park in Idaho. There are lots of really nice CGs in the Payette NF and most are on a stream or lake, but they're a little more remote- maybe 15- 20mins from town. Here's a link- http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/payette/web_...mpgrounds.html
    Last Chance is toward New Meadows, and a great cg on a creek and with a new awesome shuttle run trail in the works that ends there.
    Personally, I would stay at Upper Payette Lake cg, but check on the fire conditions first as there is one burning near Loon Lake/Secesh

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    There's a new AmericInn in McCall, as well as a Super 8, I think. And yeah, it's <20 minutes to Donnelly from McCall, the gateway to Tamarack, and another 10 to the resort. WATCH YOUR SPEED NEAR DONNELLY AND TAMARACK! They run radar A LOT!

D

Mar 2006

Tamarack Lodging

Go past the resort for about 4-5 miles and you'll come to a big Boy Scout/Church camp on the right-there are several good campsites on your left, near the waters edge. You'll also see a couple state campsites along the way. Cascade is also an option.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I was up there last month for 15 days. One of the motels in McCall will probably be your best bet. If they are too expensive, and they probably are, try McCall RV Resort, they have a few cabins with access to a pool, hot tub, and showers. As far as campgrounds go, none of the Cascade Lake State Park sites have showers as far as I know. That will suck if you are there for 5 days. I stayed at Ponderosa SP for the first 8 days. Check the Idaho SP web site and you can make online reservations. They have great showers and facilities. Tamarack is definitely 30+ minutes from McCall if you run close to the speed limit. But McCall is central to Brundage also which is running lifts.

Ponderosa has sites open, you just have to check through the maps and dates.

Rocks Rock

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    There's a new AmericInn in McCall, as well as a Super 8, I think. And yeah, it's <20 minutes to Donnelly from McCall, the gateway to Tamarack, and another 10 to the resort. WATCH YOUR SPEED NEAR DONNELLY AND TAMARACK! They run radar A LOT!

D
    I thought this user name looked familiar. Have I seen posts from you on bikemojo also. Know anyone in Austin that wants to by a house on a Walnut Creek trail head? I moved to Boise about 4 years ago and I just know some mountain biker is going to want to buy my house some day.
    Keep on lurkin.
    Am I being kind?

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    I thought this user name looked familiar. Have I seen posts from you on bikemojo also. Know anyone in Austin that wants to by a house on a Walnut Creek trail head? I moved to Boise about 4 years ago and I just know some mountain biker is going to want to buy my house some day.
    Keep on lurkin.
    Dave,

Yep, that's me. I'm at Tamarack building DH trails this summer.

I'm in the market for a house, but my budget is restricted to $150K, as I'm a single guy and build trail for a living. If your house is i that price range, PM me the MLS number. Also, try posting it on MoJo.

If you're coming up to Tamarack to ride, call me @ 512-797-RIDE (7433,) and I'll give you a guided ride if I have the time off.

Dewayne

Members who have read this thread: 0