Table Rock Thursday 4/26- Mtbr.com
    Rocks Rock

Table Rock Thursday 4/26

I got my bike back. Yea Custom Cycle. Lookin good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone hittin up TR tonight about 5:30 or 6:00?
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I wish I could, but I'll be at Simplot for a Little League game. I've been in and out of Custom Cycles over the past few weeks and saw your bike in various states of disassembly. I was glad to see it in one piece earlier this week. Keep us posted on the Push mods. Did you end up going with Jon's bushing mod, too?

HH

Hi!!!
    Dave --- wish I woulda known last night you were heading up there today....I'm planning on just dorking around Military Reserve after work. My gas tank is pretty much running on fumes today so I ain't riding long.

Quote Originally Posted by Double H
    Keep us posted on the Push mods. Did you end up going with Jon's bushing mod, too?
    I do believe Dave's bike is getting Jon's mod. I'd love to hear how that pans out....from the way Jon explained it....it looks like it should work well. Dave will be a great cadidate to test it out.

I was in there yesterday and Jon showed me Dave's bike sans the wheels and tires. The PUSH mods look great.

mtbr member
    we'll be climbin' up from the pen. around 6:30 or so.

two red dogs, one black dog, and two humans

Rocks Rock

So FINE!!!!!!!!!!

Garnet, sorry I missed Yawl. I was lookingfor ya. Ionly got online for a couple min. be for theride and didn'ttake time to respond. Only ridersI saw pthere were a couple of young fellers (BSU students). It was saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet and beautiful up there.

Big changes on the bike besides the PUSH job and pivot rebuilds. I put on a much shorter stem (from 120mm to 70mm) and flat pedals. With the shorter stem I can climb with my fork extened fully. The flat pedals gave more confidence on the techy stuff. I think the propedal on the PUSHed RP3 helped a lot, I made it from my house to the wedge without stopping. First time this year. On the way back I almost cleaned the wedge, got hung up just before the last three steps, going down of course. RI was a blast.

I did have Jon install the bushings he made, we use that type of bushing for stuff at work and I know it will be much better than Yeti's crappy bearings they put in there.

One more trip to T R this morning and I'm off to TX for a few days to see my son and his wife to be.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Dave ---

Glad to hear that things are working great on the Yeti. What fork do you have on there and how is the PUSH mods with that fork in comparison?

When you get your stuff PUSH'd....do you fill out a questionairre or do you talk to one of their guys or what?

Do you notice any ride difference between the old bearings and Jon's bushings? I'll probably go that route sometime next year or so.

g-spur didn't make it to TR/RI....I ran into him at MR while trying to mess around with my damn RD (the chain was skipping all over my cogs). I gave up and made the trek out to have Jon take care of it. Hopefully my ride will be alot better today.

Rocks Rock

Push

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Dave ---

Glad to hear that things are working great on the Yeti. What fork do you have on there and how is the PUSH mods with that fork in comparison?

When you get your stuff PUSH'd....do you fill out a questionairre or do you talk to one of their guys or what?

Do you notice any ride difference between the old bearings and Jon's bushings? I'll probably go that route sometime next year or so.

g-spur didn't make it to TR/RI....I ran into him at MR while trying to mess around with my damn RD (the chain was skipping all over my cogs). I gave up and made the trek out to have Jon take care of it. Hopefully my ride will be alot better today.
    I did not fill out any paperwork for my shock and fork. Jon told them I weigh about 200 and do mostly technical trial riding. No drops over a couple of feet, but will rolll lots of stuff. I like how it turned out but I think my fork lost a few millimeters of travel. It doesn't seem to extend to 130 now. I will address it with PUSH next week. Everything else Jon and PUSH did was great. I would do it again.
    Am I being kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0