Table Rock/Rock Islands conditions- Mtbr.com
    just a man

Table Rock/Rock Islands conditions

GetLost reported icy conditions on Rock Islands the other day - is it a mudfest getting up to ride the fun since I know TR area gets a little gooey when water is added. Impdude or EP - you guys been up there in the past 24 hours?

Hoops - Big and Small

Hey Pumpin4X

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    GetLost reported icy conditions on Rock Islands the other day - is it a mudfest getting up to ride the fun since I know TR area gets a little gooey when water is added. Impdude or EP - you guys been up there in the past 24 hours?
    Man where's the love? I don't even make the "you guys been up there" list

As I was parting the waters ah I mean snow last night I had an light bulb go off in my little walnut sized head. Rocks and Ice are a bad combo. Made me think about running 30% sag for more control, but once you start slippin it's all over, bang!

I rode up the moto connector to the top of Side Winder, dabbed twice, once on ice the other I had no more lung to give. Great man beater trail, makes you humble.

You ridin today? I'am thinking about dorkin up the footies.
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 12-04-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Queen of Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    I'am thinking about dorkin up the footies.
    Elementary question, but remember I'm new here (again): What, if any, is a good time of day/night to ride in the foothills during snowy conditions like today? I rode up SW in the snow yesterday afternoon without injuring the trails or myself, but it looks a little slushier out right now.
    Good times. Noodle salad.

Hoops - Big and Small

Always an Adveture

Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    but it looks a little slushier out right now.
    The higher you go the harder it is, hmmm could be a lryic. A slushy ride for me equals given my bike some lovin with the scrub brush and a hose.

The earth last night felt very hard, I'am thinking any thawing thats going on is only on the surface streets in the city.

G-Man and SJ may have hit the trails this morning they might have some more insight on current conditions.

I'll be on the trails in 30 -

Keep the rubber side down!

just a man
    Man where's the love? I don't even make the "you guys been up there" list

As I was parting the waters ah I mean snow last night I had an light bulb go off in my little walnut sized head. Rocks and Ice are a bad combo. Made me think about running 30% sag for more control, but once you start slippin it's all over, bang!

I rode up the moto connector to the top of Shanes, dabbed twice, once on ice the other I had no more lung to give. Great man beater trail, makes you humble.

You ridin today? I'am thinking about dorkin up the footies.
    Doh! my bad big guy, no hard feelings Bret.

Rocks and ice could be fun though....pad up.

I am not riding today, I am recovering still. I pumptracked it a few days ago and think I aggravated the hernia repair YOWCH. I was thinking next week after my follow-up with the surgeon to see what he thinks. If you get out have a great time.

Queen of Crash
    G-Man and SJ may have hit the trails this morning they might have some more insight on current conditions.
    I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Maybe G is out on the trails right now.

I'll be on the trails in 30 -
    Have a good ride. Will you report back, please?

Keep the rubber side down!
    No promises, but I'll do my best.
    Good times. Noodle salad.

Rocks Rock
    Haven't been on TR since last Sun. It was saweeeeeeeeeeet then. Hope to get up there tomorrow. I'll let yall know. Good riding, loving and life to all.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock

Sunday afternoon.

It was a little snowy and slick in places and I was on my own, so I was real cautious. I got to the top and saw bike tracks everywhere I went untill the very top, my loop around the top had no tracks. I noticed more unauthorized work on the wedge. I headed down to Rock Island. There a spidered bike tracks al over in the snow along 50% of the trail. People are riding around stuff ignoring all the brush and rocks we put out there to designate the proper routes to take. I was up there three weeks ago and had to get after a group of guys for going off the trail riding over the brush and around the rocks. The dumb a__ almost rode right over a sign that said trail and had an arrow pointing to the trail.
    What can we do about these idiots. Next time I will not calmly ask them to stay on the trail. I will go Mark on there dumb a__ and they will think they got chewed out by a drill sargent. Hope they dont decide to punch me out cause I am the worlds worst fighter.
    Am I being kind?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Dave, I don't know what to tell you about all the riders going around the obstacles. R2R and I were talking about fencing, but that seems to really detract from the "natural" aspect of that trail. I'll talk to R2R about it more.

Maybe we should armor everything up there...but then people would just ride beside the armoring.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Members who have read this thread: 0