Table Rock- Mtbr.com

Thread: Table Rock

Rocks Rock

Table Rock

I am new to Boise. I like technical trail riding. Table Rock is near my house and has some pretty good stuff. I have a 2 hour loop I do from Columbia village. Anyone interested in joining me can call 794-7221.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    What are the conditions like right now? I attempted to Hike TR several weeks ago, but had to turn back cuz it was a ******* mess.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    What are the conditions like right now? I attempted to Hike TR several weeks ago, but had to turn back cuz it was a ******* mess.
    I haven't ridden it in 2 weeks. It was a frozen mess the morning I rode it. Based on how sloppy Central ridge, Shane's, and 3 Bears were this afternoon, and how long it usually takes for Tablerock to totally dry out (it's usually the last one to dry out), I'll venture a guess it's pretty muddy when it's above freezing.

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    If it is muddy you have to go before 10 am so the mudd is frozen. It may be awhile before afternoon rides are posible. We went one day last week and it was melted by ten and we had to turn around and take an alternate route back. I went to the Owyehees last weekend and it was dry but tacky, just right.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock

Gtg

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    If it is muddy you have to go before 10 am so the mudd is frozen. It may be awhile before afternoon rides are posible. We went one day last week and it was melted by ten and we had to turn around and take an alternate route back. I went to the Owyehees last weekend and it was dry but tacky, just right.
    Table Rock is dry and rideable again. Amazing... thought it would be several days yet. There is just one muddy spot on the back side... about twenty yards of foot deep horse prints. See new photos on trail review.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey Dave, where are you from?

--Brad

Rocks Rock

The South

Right now Southern Idaho. Columbia Village, Boise. South Dakota, South Central Colorado, Southern Wyo, South Tucson, Austin, Texas (20 years). Traveled alot all my life, been taking my bike since a started riding in 98. My bikes have tasted rocks from coast to coast, Europe and China. Wish I could huck like the folks in your pix.
    Am I being kind?

Hoops - Big and Small

The Wedge

Have you donated skin and blood at the wedge? I've always wanted to give it a try.

Rocks Rock

No blood yet

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Have you donated skin and blood at the wedge? I've always wanted to give it a try.
    I haven't been able to get my pedals thru the wedge at the top yet. I don't like making things easier, but we may have to put a bigger rock in front of the wedge to get thru.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Oh come on guys! My pedals don't even hit anymore now that I've figured it out. It just takes a bunch of practice, you'll get it!

Thanks for looking at my pics, but I was suggesting some "other" trails depending on what you're used to riding. I'm finding my way around as well. Maybe we should ride together sometime. I work at Idaho Mountain Touring on 13th and Main. You should also talk to Pete Taylor (at IMT) if you ride on the weekends (I work weekends, he doesn't). Pete knows a lot more of the area you've been exploring (Owyhees). I've been riding in the Danskins alot, and sort of know my way around out there. There's some technical trails there, and some really fast ones too. --Brad

Rocks Rock

Lets go

Quote Originally Posted by bikemech23
    Oh come on guys! My pedals don't even hit anymore now that I've figured it out. It just takes a bunch of practice, you'll get it!

Thanks for looking at my pics, but I was suggesting some "other" trails depending on what you're used to riding. I'm finding my way around as well. Maybe we should ride together sometime. I work at Idaho Mountain Touring on 13th and Main. You should also talk to Pete Taylor (at IMT) if you ride on the weekends (I work weekends, he doesn't). Pete knows a lot more of the area you've been exploring (Owyhees). I've been riding in the Danskins alot, and sort of know my way around out there. There's some technical trails there, and some really fast ones too. --Brad
    I can take a day off during the week and go to the Danskins. If you want to ride table rock one evening next week would work.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Next Tuesday evening? I can probably hit up the Danskins next Friday as well.

Call me at work 336-3854 --Brad

Rocks Rock
    Next Tuesday evening? I can probably hit up the Danskins next Friday as well.

Call me at work 336-3854 --Brad
    Anyone else want to go with us on Tuesday? Meet at the old state pen parking lot 6:30pm.
    Am I being kind?

sharing the love

Upset Please don't!

I don't like making things easier, but we may have to put a bigger rock in front of the wedge to get thru.
    Please don't alter this thing. It is already WAY easier than it used to be. Boise is lacking challenge as it is. I don't want to go on another rant about people making trails easier.

mtbr platinum member
    I think that we should always keep some Quick-Crete in our Camelbacks - 'Pave the Foothills!!!'

Just Kidding- Please don't
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Rocks Rock
    Anyone else want to go with us on Tuesday? Meet at the old state pen parking lot 6:30pm.
    The old Pen side may still be muddy we will meet in the golf course parking lot. Just ride on the Greenbelt to the golf course. We will ride up the trail just across Warm Springs. Leaving at 6:30 pm
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Good to ride with you Dave! See you next time out. --Brad

Rocks Rock
    Good to ride with you Dave! See you next time out. --Brad
    It was great Brad, give me a call about Fri. 794-7221
    Am I being kind?