SWIMBA Meeting March 7- Mtbr.com
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

SWIMBA Meeting March 7

If anyone has any questions, please PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Visicypher; 02-10-2007 at 06:10 PM.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

A lot of people have asked about trail work...the meeting will be the place were all the scheduled and proposed projects will be presented. If you want to learn what is planned, please attend.

mtbr member
    bump. i'm going to try to make it. all clear right now.

See you there. I'll be one of the presenters. It'll be everyone's opportunity to heckle me.

Hoops - Big and Small

Heckle Jeckle

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    See you there. I'll be one of the presenters. It'll be everyone's opportunity to heckle me.
    As a former Pro Heckler I can promise mass confusion and will show up if you reaaallly want it. Just promise not to come and heckle me at my job.

Care to wet the appetite on what you will be presenting?

Hi!!!
    I'll be there tomorrow evening.

Prior to the meeting, I'm organizing a quickie Hulls hike. The plan is to start hiking shortly after 5:30pm. For more info, read my post over on Idaho Outdoors from late last night.

Al or anyone else in the know....do you guys anticipate more frequent trailwork days throughout the rest of the year? It seemed like in recent years, the official SWIMBA days were few and far between.

And as I have said in the past....non-Tuesday weeknights are easier for me.

Oh and I already told Margie that I'll be more than happy to work in the beer tent at TdB again. Just as long as TFloyd joins me!

And I wouldn't mind working the Hyde Park Street Fair again.

If you come to the meeting, you'll find out what is planned. :P

Hoops - Big and Small

Publicly Challenged

If you come to the meeting, you'll find out what is planned. :P
    If I can't make - it is there another way to get the info?

You know most of it already, but I'll roll out info after the meeting.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Thanks for the info - I'm looking forward to see what you have planned.

Barneys Unite!

You betcha!

I'll be glad to sell beer with you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ...but I'll roll out info after the meeting.
    Dang! I was all set to go. Even had someone to watch the kids, but just found out that I have a meeting at my kids' school. Of course, it's at 7:00, too. Please let us know when the info is on the SWIMBA site. Looks like you've got some great plans for brewing!

HH

King of the Barneys
    any brew being served?
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Coffee???

King of the Barneys
    Coffee???
    Touche' on me...
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    i'll be doing a quick freeway ride before hand...probably on dirt at 5:30. back down for the meeting at 7. unless it's raining. anyone else going to be out pedaling around?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Bonehead (me)
    ... Looks like you've got some great plans for brewing!
    Coffee???
    I meant either:
    "some great plans for the upcoming year"

OR

"some great plans brewing"

I'll just go away and wait for the updates.

mtbr member
    pretty good meeting last night. most interesting stuff for me was the projects around sinker/shafer creek (eastside).

the new connector trail and parking area that is planned will be great.

gardiner peak - dagget creek stuff. can't wait to get up there and explore that area once the snow clears.

al - count me in to help with gardiner peak stuff. as well as the new connector trail.

they also had an update on the velodrome park. sounds like the mtn bike and bmx stuff will be in this summer...but, the expensive part of the project..the velodrome is lacking some funds for the concrete. can't say i'd care either way regarding a velodrome..however, a race might be fun to watch. but, mtn bike short track, bmx and skills would be more fun to watch. question? who will oversee the building of stunts at this park?

there will also be trail access to western footies trails. hopefully a network of barney loops can be developed out there to help with over crowded trails in the boise vicinity. hopefully eagle city council will see the benefit of a large trail system vs. hillside subdivisions, and they'll make it hard to develop. but, money rules. it's up to eagle residents, imo, to influence their public leaders.

I watched the US Nationals (I think it was the US Nats) @ Major Taylor in '92. The riders were doing pulls at 40mph. I think track races are cool to watch.

Carey - I'll count you in for the Gardiner work . It was nice to see you, Senor Brown, BoiseBoy (what was your name again??), and all the others that attended.

Hi!!!
    Had a good hike last night up-and-down Hulls. Wow was it busy. And as always....saw enough bikers there not yielding to other users. Yet another reminder of why I prefer to ride at Military Reserve during peak hours.

Anyhoo....yeah good to see some familiar faces...Terry, Chris, Bret, Harley, Almer, garnetspur, I *thought* Jim was standing in the back, but I could be wrong. Good to see some REI folks there too. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    pretty good meeting last night. most interesting stuff for me was the projects around sinker/shafer creek (eastside).

the new connector trail and parking area that is planned will be great.

gardiner peak - dagget creek stuff. can't wait to get up there and explore that area once the snow clears.
    Definately! Even though I tried to ride up there once (Eastside I believe) and therefore not intimately familiar with everything, it'll be awesome to see that whole area developed over the next decade or so. Hey who knows...maybe by then I'll actually have the legs, lungs, and skills to actually ride decently .

Yeah....the Gardener Peak stuff that Almer was talking about sounds pretty damn cool. A couple from here like Bret helped him out with that stuff last year.

they also had an update on the velodrome park. sounds like the mtn bike and bmx stuff will be in this summer...but, the expensive part of the project..the velodrome is lacking some funds for the concrete. can't say i'd care either way regarding a velodrome..however, a race might be fun to watch. but, mtn bike short track, bmx and skills would be more fun to watch. question? who will oversee the building of stunts at this park?
    To answer the question.....I *thought* I read sometime last year around here that Ian and Almer were gonna be involved in that particular aspect of the park. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

To be honest, I really thought that the park was gonna be something that was going to cost an assload of money. After hearing Dave's presentation, it does sound like it's going to be more low key and have a more "homey"/local feeling, yet still capable of hosting big events. I think it's gonna be neat. I am really interested in seeing how the skills park turns out. I do believe he said it was gonna be bigger than Tamarack's.

I was the one that asked whether or not any part of the park would be fenced in or secured. I would certainly hope that idiots would not vandalize anything in there.

Maybe I missed it...but was there a date given for Hulls work? I know last year when Chris organized it, we did it in mid/late April.

Also...I think it was Dave Gordon that said that there could possibly be Adopt-a-Trail possibilites for the stuff up around Bogus.....any thoughts to perhaps us here in MTBR adopting a trail?

Oh....and that stuff Ian and the crew were building up at Bogus....is there suppose to be more stuff like that in the whole Bogus system?
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 03-08-2007 at 12:22 PM.

King of the Barneys
    I ditto most all of what Garnetspur said. Good meeting, (I brought my own non-coffee brew) & lots of exciting things in the works. Gardiner definitely sounds like a shuttle ride. Gonna miss Entrance Exam, that was always a kick to see how fast I could clean it without dabbing or flying off trail. Been following the Eagle project, and that should be awesome, especially if they can cut trails into the hillside and tie into the Stack Rock area. New entrance to Eastside looks very cool, and I'd like to help cut it in, too.

CDB

Members who have read this thread: 0