SWIMBA Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballots- Mtbr.com
    Wandervans

SWIMBA Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballots

members or future members the annual meeting is coming up next wednesday at smokey mountain pizza. Check out swimba.org for full details.

If you are a member and won't be able to make the meeting you can always fill out the ballot below and email or pm it to Dan or myself.

Oh and vote for me!

SWIMBA Board of Directors Proxy Ballot Instructions June 2008

I, ______________________________________ a current SWIMBA member in good standing, assign my proxy for the SWIMBA Board of Directors election 2008 to

________________________________________, a current SWIMBA member in good standing.

______My proxy is to be voted for candidates checked below

______My proxy is to be voted as _____________________ sees fit

(Please fold on line below to preserve confidentiality, Proxy instructions above will be separated from ballot below after confirmation of voter eligibility)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Official Proxy BallotSWIMBA Board of Directors Election 2008

Vote for up to 9 candidates

o Dave Beck (incumbent)

o Sandra Cashen

o Chris Cook

o Gary Dinoso

o Mike Edwards

o Ian Fitzpatrick (incumbent)

o Terry Floyd

o Tom Foote (incumbent, Treasurer)

o Lisa Hawkes

o Brett Magnuson

o Margie Rosenberg (incumbent, Secretary)

o Colby Selekof

o David Thomas (incumbent, President)

o Dirk Vandervoort (incumbent)
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Barneys Unite!

And - if you are not a SWIMBA member,

now is a good time to join and help promote responsible mountain biking in southwest Idaho. You can join online at www.swimba.org. A single membership is only $15.00 per year - why, shoot, you can eat that much pizza at the annual meeting!

TF

Hoops - Big and Small

More Cow Bell!

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    Oh and vote for me!
    Thanks for posting this!

How about telling me why I should vote for you?

I just wanted to get a preview of your speech.
    Thanks

Wandervans
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Thanks for posting this!

How about telling me why I should vote for you?

I just wanted to get a preview of your speech.
    Thanks
    Here are all the profiles and canidate statements:
    http://www.swimba.net/board/upcoming-agenda?start=1

And my profile:
    Name: Chris Cook Address: 2308 N. 27th St. Phone: 2087947255 Current Board member? NoPrevious Board member? Yes (6 years)Previous SWIMBA officer? Yes (President 2 year, VP 2 years)Number of years that you have been a member of SWIMBA? 8 yearsAre you available to attend monthly meetings, generally 7 PM, third Wednesday of the month? Yes Why do you feel you should you be a board member?Having been a long contributor in the Mountain Bike community I would bring my vast knowledge of trail building and organization to help SWIMBA. I also have extensive board experience and knowledge of organizations. What relevant experience (trails, land manager/owner relationships, rider education, marketing, business, law, finance, leadership, planning, community Board/ committee service, etc.) do you bring with you? I have a Masters in Business Administration and have extensive knowledge of organizations. Having been building trails for countless years and attending many trailbuilding schools I have a reputation as one of the best amateur trail builders in the treasure valley. Having worked with many land managers in the past I have built many solid relationships in Southwest Idaho. General statement of position:I am dedicated to improving the mountain biking experience in Southwest Idaho. Not only do I bring leadership and business skills to the board, but also a dedication to putting in volunteer time outside of board functions. I took a leadership role in the creation of the Adopt-a-Trail system in the foothills and continue to keep Hulls Gulch in prime condition. I was the driving force behind the creation of the Wilson Peak Non-Motorized Trail System on the Owyhee Front, providing 50+ miles of Non-Motorized trails. I also played a lead role in the creation of numerable trails in the Shaffer Butte area and spent many hours building the Eastside Trail. In the foothills I played a lead role in the creation of the Rock Islands Trail and have been heavily involved at the velopark. If you want a board member that gets out on the ground then I am your man.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

Hoops - Big and Small
    Thanks for the info - See you Wednesday!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Shameless plug for myself

Vote for me and all your dreams will come true
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Come for the beer

And if you don't?

mtbr member
    Well since everyone is shameless plugging themselves, here is my very unofficial profile. My real profile (which is not that different from the profile below but uses more words) has not been uploaded yet..

Are you available to attend monthly meetings, generally 7 PM, third Wednesday of the month?
    Yes, but I don't promise to be sober.

Why do you feel you should you be a board member?
    Because talk is cheap.

What relevant experience (trails, land manager/owner relationships, rider education, marketing, business, law, finance, leadership, planning, community Board/ committee service, etc.) do you bring with you?
    I eat a lot of dirt and show people how to eat dirt (in the proper way of course). Education is key to the future growth and progression of our sport locally.
    Plus, if you vote for me, SJ may make you some banana bread.

General statement of position:
    Meet less, do more.

oops...
    Bringing the banana bread into this is just unfair to everyone else running, dude.

Wandervans
    Vote for me or...
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Vote for me or Irishbudda, Smilycook and flipinidaho will all have to do a kinky YouTube video togather. Isn't democracy just the shiznit??!!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Wandervans
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Vote for me or Irishbudda, Smilycook and flipinidaho will all have to do a kinky YouTube video togather. Isn't democracy just the shiznit??!!
    I think buddas spandex and chainsaw chaps would make for a much better kinky YouTube video.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Well since everyone is shameless plugging themselves, here is my very unofficial profile. My real profile (which is not that different from the profile below but uses more words) has not been uploaded yet..

Are you available to attend monthly meetings, generally 7 PM, third Wednesday of the month?
    Yes, but I don't promise to be sober.

Why do you feel you should you be a board member?
    Because talk is cheap.

What relevant experience (trails, land manager/owner relationships, rider education, marketing, business, law, finance, leadership, planning, community Board/ committee service, etc.) do you bring with you?
    I eat a lot of dirt and show people how to eat dirt (in the proper way of course). Education is key to the future growth and progression of our sport locally.
    Plus, if you vote for me, SJ may make you some banana bread.

General statement of position:
    Meet less, do more.
    Add some of her famous fruit salsa to the deal and I'll vote for ya 3 times!
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Barneys Unite!

Well, then, here's my profile and general statement . . .

Barneys Rule!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

More about fashion

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    I think buddas spandex and chainsaw chaps would make for a much better kinky YouTube video.
    This from a guy who has chainsaw pants and carrying case that match his saw! Don't you know the best saws only come in red! Opps forget I said that. I can see this turning into an hour debate at the next meeting.

The You-Tube will look something like this. See if you can guess who is who?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Chainsaws are sexy and oh so chic!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0