The Stone Temple 8 at Curt Gowdy- Mtbr.com
    Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007

The Stone Temple 8 at Curt Gowdy

Just noticed this on the laramie enduro page (http://www.laramieenduro.org/st8.asp) :

THE STONE TEMPLE 8 (ST8)

Saturday September 27, 2008

This race will be run on the new IMBA designed single track trails at Wyoming’s Curt Gowdy State Park. Racers will compete for eight hours on an approximately 11 mile loop, in teams and as individuals. The start/finish is tentatively planned to be located at the Aspen Grove Trailhead parking area, Race Start: 9:30 AM.

Sounds like fun...if'n you're into fun I guess.

mtbr member
    Any reports on how the race went? Good, bad, too long, just right? Don't be shy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    It was a great race, even the weather was near perfect. I thought the length was really good for a 2 man team, Jason and I finished second. There might have been a little two much "carb loading" at the library the night before, but it wouldn't have made much difference in our finish.

How is Boise? You getting to ride much?

sam

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    It was a lot of fun for sure...not sure why more folks didn't come out for it. Not too long as a team, but long enough for me to get tired and get bucked off on my last lap. Photos are up on the Action Photo site - you can search one of our last names for our team.

mtbr member
    I found about 4 "Action Photo" sites when I searched and I could not effectively search them.

If you guys ever want to shuttle 3000' from the tree line, through the foothills, and to the bar come on out. Oh yea, there are plenty of hills to climb too.

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dauwalt
    I found about 4 "Action Photo" sites when I searched and I could not effectively search them.

If you guys ever want to shuttle 3000' from the tree line, through the foothills, and to the bar come on out. Oh yea, there are plenty of hills to climb too.
    just follow the link from the Enduro website and search using my last name. You'll find lots of pics of Sam looking like a badass and a few of me looking like I am trying to survive. reminds me of some debates I saw earlier tonight.

mtbr member
    Thanks for holding my hand through this thing. I got it figured out. Looks like fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0