Statesman: Several Northwest Boise trails to close temporarily- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

Statesman: Several Northwest Boise trails to close temporarily

Just a heads up for any folks here that may ride out there regularly:
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/110/story/75986.html

Look out!

How much money is enough?

The developers of Hidden Springs just can't seem to stop. How sad. Here is a pix of what it looks like now. Soon to be multi million dollar castles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Bum deal, but whatever. That place FREAKS me out. I make it a point to not make eye contact with anyone I see on those trails in fear of becoming one of them.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Don't get too worked up yet. Thank of it as a give-to-get thing. There is an overall plan to connect Shafer to the Velo Park, so loss of a trail here may mean you get another trail. It was talked about when the presentation about the Velo Park at the SWIMBA open house was given. This may just be one aspect of that overall plan. We may lose 1 or 2 trails...but if we get a way to ride from Shafer Butte to Eagle...I'm all for it.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Don't get too worked up yet. Thank of it as a give-to-get thing. There is an overall plan to connect Shafer to the Velo Park, so loss of a trail here may mean you get another trail. It was talked about when the presentation about the Velo Park at the SWIMBA open house was given. This may just be one aspect of that overall plan. We may lose 1 or 2 trails...but if we get a way to ride from Shafer Butte to Eagle...I'm all for it.

Yes that would be a very good thing. A trail from Shafer to Eagle. It is just that I rode those trails for 5 years and liked them very much. I escaped from HS 2 years ago and my wife and I are glad we did. More development in a place that is so nice. You would think that maybe somebody would just say enough and leave the trails be and make it a mountain bike park or something.
    Ride the bike.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I hear ya. The Dump Loop is my fav ride close to down. I really miss the dirt section, and how that drainage used to look like.

Who knows??? Maybe with this round of change, new trails can be leveraged. I'd like to think that we as a bike community could leverage that type of change.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Members who have read this thread: 0