Speaking of Dry Creek...- Mtbr.com
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Speaking of Dry Creek...

... and Shingle Creek too.

Just out of curiousity does anyone know the "official" designation of these trails. They are well known, have been written about in at least one guidebook, see moderate usage, have an obvious (albeit unofficial) parking area, cross a variety of land ownerships (USFS up high, private (I think) down low), and are (apparently) part of a sheep and cattle grazing allotment.

Also, in case noone's noticed, there's new signage at the top of (kinda) Hard Guy that says something like "Shingle Creek Trail System Parking Area".

I was wondering if any of you guys in the know have any insight into Dry Creek/Shingle Creek's role in our beloved Ridge to Rivers trail system's grand scheme of things.

Or should we just Sweet Connieize these trails and just not talk about them.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I vote to keep them off the maps....

Have ridden those trails since the early/mid 80s......logging in the mid 90s destroyed some of the best singletrack on the ridge between Shingle Creek and Dry Creek (there were three seperate trails that all merged into lower Dry Creek) and it took years for Shingle Creek to recover from the damage. The logging company was fined (slap on the wrist) for running a dozer through Dry Creek.....

Consider the Dry Creek drainage to have some of the best non developed singletrack in the Boise Front......it would be nice to keep it that way.

BTW.....I think the Little family (Brad Little) owns the property that the Hard Guy trail is on and possibly lower Dry Creek .....don't know who owns the property where the timber was cut.
    Last edited by Markv; 03-11-2005 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Additional info...