Sorta Urgent: anywhere *NOT* to ride off of 8th Street/Military Reserve?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Sorta Urgent: anywhere *NOT* to ride off of 8th Street/Military Reserve?

I'll be flying up to Boise tomorrow (Monday) morning for a few days of meetings and bringing my hardtail 29er. Two weeks ago I was up and road out of 8th Street, up as far as Sidewinder (had a singlespeed wheel, this time I'm bringing gears). This time I'd like to ride as far up as I can given the time.

Checking weather.com, it looks like there is rain through the morning.

Is there anywhere I should plan to avoid if I start riding tomorrow at noon, starting from downtown (near Broadway and the river)? I thought I'd start at the Military Reserve and head towards Sidewinder, then whatever is beyond it (I do have the official map, though not at hand).

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nah. We got a drizzle of rain, but everything should be dry once the sun comes out. Check out ridgetorivers.org. There is a PDF trail map of most of the Boise front (Maybe that's the one you've already got). We didn't get enough rain to matter -- everything should be fine.

I also heard a rumor about CBro leading a Barney ride on Tuesday afternoon (check out the May 22 thread). I usually do a Tue AM ride, but the weather this week isn't cooperating, so I might tag along with those losers. ;-)

mtbr member
    The moisture last night would only make the trails sweeter to ride right now since it's been so dry...
    Have Fun!

Hi!!!
    Checking in from downtown Boise at 7:55am....

The rain is really starting to come down. Hopefully it's short and everything dries out by 5:30pm for me.

Barneys Unite!

It's pretty wet in SE Boise

It rained hard enough last night for a while that it woke me up.

energy
    Hailing up in the Highlands off Bogus Basin Road...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I hopped off the plane at 9am in my shorts and t-shirt, and brrrr, its cold.

I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Starbucks at Milwaukee/Fairview checking email and the thread, and watching the clouds roll along the hills. If it's warmer in a couple hours when I'm able to ride, I'll be glad, otherwise it'll be a chilly change from home.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll check out the Tuesday afternoon ride thread.

energy
    Sorry to report, but it is snowing (say what??) up in the Footies!

Hi!!!
    Yup....same thing downtown (although it ain't sticking). Looks like a Greenbelt night tonight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm not certain how I got where I did, but I ended up riding Shane's, Three Bears, and Five Mile Gulch. I turned around on Five Mile Gulch when I got to the very large lone tree towards the top. At ~5pm it was windy and cold with trace bits of snow blowing around.

I'm guessing F-M-G is usually ridden down, rather than up ... at least it was a whole lot more fun on the way down. The cold was too much though, and I took the dirt road (C?) back to town, rather than get back on the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0