Somewhat OT: Very dry conditions - affect on Mormon cricket population?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Somewhat OT: Very dry conditions - affect on Mormon cricket population?

First off I hate those bastards. Ain't nuttin' like driving up to Bogus during the summer when it's in the upper 90s down here and having to hear your tires go crunch crunch crunch as you run over the bijillions of Mo' Crickets on that road.

With such a piss poor winter and it's looking to be a really dry spring and summer...how does this affect the Mormom Cricket population up in the Foothills?

Hoops - Big and Small

Buggers

Our only hope is that it will freeze when they start to emerge (ground needs to stay above 40 to hatch). I think the GOV sprays for them - probably not where we bike though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hoops - Big and Small

Cricket on the juice

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    With such a piss poor winter and it's looking to be a really dry spring and summer...how does this affect the Mormom Cricket population up in the Foothills?
    It's been a nice summer with out these pesky little buggers

Here's a pic of a Mormon Cricket on the growth regulator Dimilin. Yummy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wandervans

they go in cycles

so I am thinking we are at the end of the cycle of mormon crickets and have a while before the next infestation
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I miss those filthy degenerate little mofos. My daughter just calls em "Mormens". I recall a time last summer riding up HardGuy when it looked like the ground was moving in waves in front of me. Then again maybe it was cos I was hammering it. Riding's been a challange - there's just not been that satisfying *pop* when you ride over em. I've gotten a few but nowhere near enough. A buddy of mine from SLC visited last summer and I had to warn him about the rides sounding like bubble-pack sometimes. When my dog was a just a little puppy and we had him on one of his first foothills walks he ate a boat-load of those things. He acted like they were tastin' like punkin pie. He got pretty sick that night though.

I know northern Nevada was getting pretty hard by them earlier this summer. They were threatening to erupt here too before we got all the spring rain.

So now the little fahkhas haven't been around to eat the weeds so now we're at risk for range fires cos of all the uneaten vegetation. At least we don't have tropical storms.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.