Some good deals at George's- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Some good deals at George's

They have online coupons for 15% off a pair of tires and buy one/get on free tubes. Not screaming deals of the centuries, but if you have to have some tires now (they do have a pretty good selection), the coupon makes the set on par with mailorder pricing when you factor in shipping and even taxes.

Example: George's has Continental Vertical Protection kevlars for $45.99 each which is the same as Performance. Right now Performance has a coupon for $20 off orders $50 or more, but you have to pay about $11 delivery. Without going into the whole "support the lbs vs mailorder" debate, the 15% off coupon makes the decision much, much easier.

Coupon is on the left side of their site under "Coupons and Specials." Just click and print.

just a man
    Crash_Burn didya see that? Conti's on sale!

mtbr member
    Speaking of George's prices...

I wanted to buy a set of Conti GP4000 tires for my road bike. George's had them for $53. I said, "no way, I'm paying that!" And looked on line. The on-line retailers were all the same prices as George's, except for one which was a dollar or two less. With shipping, prices are a wash, but George's gives you instant gratification. George's prices seem good.

In the end, I still think that $53 for a bicycle tire is too much money, and I didn't buy them from anyone.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Hoops - Big and Small

Tire Fetish

43 bucks on Bike Tires Direct - and they come in edible colors Yum!

Pumpin4X - thanks, my basement tire collection is to big already, no need to add another dust collector. I gave away a pair of vert pros to a friend because I felt better that they are being used rather than sit in the dark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 11-07-2006 at 09:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Maybe I'm the last to know, but you can return Specialized tires for a replacement of equal value if not 100% satisfied.

gringo-fied facsimiles
    Sorry danK, you cant return tires, once you ride them...they are yours.
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by surly_an_instigator
    Sorry danK, you cant return tires, once you ride them...they are yours.
    Didn't mean to post bad info. Someone sent me the link from Specialized after I did not believe it. Of course now I can't find it.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Looks like Specialized wants their customers to be happy with their product.

If you buy online from the Big S you get 30 day no questions asked return policy.

I'am sure Specialized would be happy if the LBS provided the same No Fault Guarantee but that's a local decision they can't dictate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Looks like Specialized wants their customers to be happy with their product.

If you buy online from the Big S you get 30 day no questions asked return policy.

I'am sure Specialized would be happy if the LBS provided the same No Fault Guarantee but that's a local decision they can't dictate.
    The link/url I saw basically read "If you are not 100% satisfied with your Specialized tire, return it for an exchange for equal value of any Specialized product." I could not believe it, but it was right there (real Speci site, not some knockoff or Euro site).

gringo-fied facsimiles
    WOW!!! I stand corrected, I just refered to our in-store dealer packet from specialized and you are very right, glad they could let a top ten dealer know what the hell is going on. I will follow with this though, it is for a credit toward other specialized product only.
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

Members who have read this thread: 0