Silver Mtn, what can I expect?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Silver Mtn, what can I expect?

Is there anyone on this forum that rides Silver Mtn regularly? What can I expect if I go there? Are the trails backcountry single track style, are there man made stunts, etc.

I've spent one day playing around at Whistler. Are there trails at Silver similar to any of the trails at Whistler? If so, what trails at Whistler are similar to what trails at Silver?

Do all the trails dump you out a ways away from the gondola? Yeah, I think it's dumb you would have to ride pavement or even fire road to get back to the gondola. If that's the way it is then I guess I'd have to be prepared for it.

Oh yeah, I read on their website they are making all these improvements for the current year. What, how, and are there really changes being implemented?

Thanks for the responses

Don't worry, be happy!
    check the pnw board at Ridemonkey.com for the most up to date information.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Silver

I haven't been yet this year, but:

There is a little of everything. The Silver trail system has a lot of stunts and DH leaning trails, but there are some fire roads and flowing single track.

If you head off Silver and into forest service land there is a lot more back-country trails - though more and more are turning into double ATV track rather than single.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

May 2005
    I've been living in Pinehurst all summer and have yet to ride Silver; I really need to get around to doing it one of these days. I should have the new DH rig this weekend or next, so if anyone wants to show me around or go get lost together let me know!

Members who have read this thread: 0