Shuttle Run this Saturday- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Shuttle Run this Saturday

If anyone is interested, SJ, a friend visiting from the East Coast and I are shuttling up Bogus and dropping down via SC. We're going to start at 10am from the school parking lot at the bottom of Bogus. This won't be part of the Wild Knobbies Series although there will be post-ride beer available at Lucky Ada...

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    If anyone is interested, SJ, a friend visiting from the East Coast and I are shuttling up Bogus and dropping down via SC. We're going to start at 10am from the school parking lot at the bottom of Bogus. This won't be part of the Wild Knobbies Series although there will be post-ride beer available at Lucky Ada...
    Sounds like fun. Can't wait!

mtbr member

I forgot to add...

This will be a no drop, fun, social ride...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Meet at Entrance or Eastside?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Meet at Entrance or Eastside?
    I'm thinking of going in via Eastside (we'll be parking at the Bogus Parking area)...

I'll meet you there at 10:30.

mtbr member

see my hand

count me in I will also be bringing a friend
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

dirt enthusiast
    count me in.

theres also a brew fest of some sorts in the parking lot behind china blue. its starts at 2. for $20 clams you get to sample all sorts of yummy concoctions from local brewers and places like dechutes, rogue and new belgium. just thought i'd throw that out there.
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

King of the Barneys
    Is there any other kind when you and R&RB are hosting??

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    theres also a brew fest of some sorts in the parking lot behind china blue. its starts at 2. for $20 clams you get to sample all sorts of yummy concoctions from local brewers and places like dechutes, rogue and new belgium. just thought i'd throw that out there.
    Just what I need is another reason not to get anything done this weekend!!

GZ: Ready to do another night ride sometime soon? Next week?

dirt enthusiast
    yea, thats what i said! damn those beer festivals. damn them!!

i would love to do another night ride soon. as for next week, i'm not avail on wed night since thats the rancid show but i have thurs off to recover soooooooo thurs night would be a good one for me. and its a full moon on friday so we'd pretty much get that too!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Rocks Rock

Whoooooooooo

So who is the friend from the east coast? Maybe one of those MORE folks? Maybe I've met them at Gambril. My Mommy is visiting from South Dakota this weekend. So I probably wont make this ride. How long will they be here? Maybe another day. Could show Ya'll Dave's loop on Table Rock?
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    So who is the friend from the east coast? Maybe one of those MORE folks? Maybe I've met them at Gambril. My Mommy is visiting from South Dakota this weekend. So I probably wont make this ride. How long will they be here? Maybe another day. Could show Ya'll Dave's loop on Table Rock?
    Maybe you've come across him. He rides Patapsco a lot and is good friends with Ricky (Drevil). We're doing the shuttle on Saturday and 5 Mile-Orchard-3 Bears on Sunday which everyone is also welcome to come on (again-it will be a 10am, no drop-social-fun ride pace).
    He'll be here until Wednesday morning so we may do a Monday day trip to ride up in Hailey, then do some more local stuff on Tuesday. Definitely TableRock is on the list if you wanted to be the Tuesday guide...

BTW- We're doing Moab again Oct 24th to 29th if you wanted to hit Porc Rim again...

Rocks Rock

Tuesday

Maybe you've come across him. He rides Patapsco a lot and is good friends with Ricky (Drevil). We're doing the shuttle on Saturday and 5 Mile-Orchard-3 Bears on Sunday which everyone is also welcome to come on (again-it will be a 10am, no drop-social-fun ride pace).
    He'll be here until Wednesday morning so we may do a Monday day trip to ride up in Hailey, then do some more local stuff on Tuesday. Definitely TableRock is on the list if you wanted to be the Tuesday guide...

BTW- We're doing Moab again Oct 24th to 29th if you wanted to hit Porc Rim again...
    I think Tuesday will be good. Meet at the golf course or my house? The benifit to my house is the hot tub after.
    Still trying to swing Moab.
    Am I being kind?

Aug 2004
    impdude --

You have a black 575 right? Were you on the Greenbelt under the Mesa say around 7pm on Monday? I was on the black Scott road bike. That bike sure looked like a Yeti...I figure it may have been you and you got done riding at Table Rock.

Rocks Rock

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    impdude --

You have a black 575 right? Were you on the Greenbelt under the Mesa say around 7pm on Monday? I was on the black Scott road bike. That bike sure looked like a Yeti...I figure it may have been you and you got done riding at Table Rock.
    I was wondering if that was you also. I've never met you but viewed a few of your pix on the web here.
    The Yeti has a hard life... It's always rode hard and put up wet. It got a couple new scratches Monday. I made it through wedge for the first time, going down of course, but that is not where I wrecked. The wreck was about a quarter mile up the trail from the wedge on my way up.
    Am I being kind?

Flip & All - Thanks for the fun ride. Next time, all of you have to ride the rock!!!

Flip - I hope the ride up BB Rd. treated you better than me.

To the fallen - I hope you heal fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Flip & All - Thanks for the fun ride. Next time, all of you have to ride the rock!!!

Flip - I hope the ride up BB Rd. treated you better than me.

To the fallen - I hope you heal fast.
    Dude! Thanks for coming... That was a super-fun ride! The ride back up BB wasn't all that much fun... I think it's better the way you did it, ride up BB first (while fresh) then descend all the way down to town...

mtbr member

pics

We didn't have the camera for Saturday's shuttle run but SJ did bring it for Sunday's 5 Mile/Orchard-3 Bear's ride...

SFS and Laffeux on Kestrel
    Joe at the top of 5 Mile/Orchard
    SFS at the top of 3 Bears
    Joe at the fast swoopy part of 5 Mile/Orchard
    SFS and LT on Momma Bear..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sep 2004
    I only got a couple shots on Sunday's ride.

Group shot: RRB, Laffeaux, Dix, LT, Bob, Kyle at the top of Orchard
    C_B riding up Orchard

(Q: Where you goin' Bret? A: Oh, I'm gunna jump this again.)
    Last edited by sweetflowersister; 10-04-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    flip/SFS - Great photos, as always. Sorry I missed both days of mountain biking fun. That said, I had some fun of my own on Sunday...

Go Cubs!
    Last edited by Earthpig; 10-04-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0