Shark Bite- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shark Bite

King of the Barneys

Shark Bite

Well, sorta. Just some trail carnage from Jarrod rockin a little too hard down Hulls. Pretty nasty gash. Good thing the Dr was in...

Hey, great to have you join the Barney Squad rides, and glad we got to cut loose and fly a little last night.

Hope you didn't scratch that amazing frame!

CDB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Barneys Unite!
    A wall bash, or an actual crash? And I missed all the fun. Between your first aid stuff and mine, we probably could have bandaged his whole leg :^)

King of the Barneys
    Well, he'll have to tell you how it happened. I was ahead a ways, and it didn't seem to slow him down any. I had my diy first aid kit that kept him alive for awhile... Must have a high pain tolerance or something.

Commander Fred bailed early, but joined us for the Lucky 11 pic-nic.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Aug 2004
    Maybe cut the seatpost a lil'?

mtbr member
    an actual crash, I ran into a rock that was more solid than myself, and my bike, next thing I knew, I was flying through the air. It is pretty hard to work right now, walking and all. I had a great time and hope to do it again(not the crash, the ride) when I heal well enough to ride. I also need to true my front rim, seems that it did not like the sudden stop. Jarrod

Barneys Unite!
    Ouch! Glad the injuries weren't more serious --- but I have always wanted to try to make a splint out of a tree limb or somethin'.

TF

Aug 2004
    Whereabouts on Hulls did you crash?

mtbr member
    I dont recall exactly where it was, but the rock I hit was towards the bottom of a section that was slowly curving to the right, the rock was on the left side of the trail. It was somewhere after the large rock outcroping, but before the little hill that has good views in both directions. I am sure I would be able to point out that rock; but hey, its not the rocks fault I was not in control of the bike. oh well, like allikat says, if your not crashing, your not riding hard enough. Jarrod

mtbr member
    By the way, my front rim is bent, and I think it just needs to be trued, there were three or four spokes that were very loose. Does anybody have a wheel truing stand that would be interested in showing me how to true a wheel? Jarrod

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    Ih well, like allikat says, if your not crashing, your not riding hard enough. Jarrod
    I used to say that 20 years ago also... Now, my motto is, "if I'm not crashing, I'm not bleeding".

mtbr member
    I like that better, as this recovery thing is not as much fun as riding is. Atleast I will be out of town this weekend, so I will be able to rest, and let my wound and ego heal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I used to say that 20 years ago also... Now, my motto is, "if I'm not crashing, I'm not bleeding".
    cool, glad you saw that

Sweet slice. I got myself there last fall. It was only a quarter inch long cut but didn't stop bleeding until I put a butterfly on it. ....Gawd that was a sweet trail Should have seen the look on my wife's face when I showed up with a sh!t eat'in grin and blood running down my leg.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Members who have read this thread: 0