Shameless self promotion: HELLRIDE 5- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Salad Days
    Reputation: jparker164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    759

    Shameless self promotion: HELLRIDE 5

    Vote for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dir-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,645
    Done, good luck John!

  3. #3
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Reputation: TwistedCrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,979
    I only vote for people who jump out of planes with chainsaws and are at least a half century old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    660
    Voted. If I get any junk mail, I'm coming after you.

  5. #5
    jones'in
    Reputation: venom600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    917
    You've got my vote!!

    It's funny, I was reading an article in one of the various biking magazines 6 months or so ago...about Hellride...and after having seen some of your epic posts I actually thought about you. (tender, huh?) Any way, good luck, I hope you get to race!

    --Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    700

    Done

    Ok, you got my vote. But I expect to sack up and get a “hell ride” tattoo on your arse if you win. Would love to see you sport that tat in a Montana bar.

    Good luck!

  7. #7
    Salad Days
    Reputation: jparker164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    You've got my vote!! . . . .
    I actually thought about you. (tender, huh?)

    --Ben
    Brought a tear to my li'l eye. . . Thanks for the support guys!

  8. #8
    Look out!
    Reputation: mtnbkrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I only vote for people who jump out of planes with chainsaws and are at least a half century old.



    When I entered it I never figured that I would get very far. Seems they liked what I had to say. Thanks for your kind consideration. I did jump out of airplanes but never with a chainsaw. I am still not sure how they came up with that one.... For everyone else go to the website and read all the bios and vote for whomever you please. I am going out to ride my fool head off now.
    Ride the bike.

  9. #9
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Reputation: Visicypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,714
    must be something in the water. there seems to be a lot shameless self-promotion.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BoiseBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    767

    Idaho

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I only vote for people who jump out of planes with chainsaws and are at least a half century old.
    Gotta vote Idaho (Mark)
    BoiseBoy

  11. #11
    Don't worry, be happy!
    Reputation: formica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,116
    gosh how to choose....

  12. #12

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    86

    Awww Yeah...

    Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    is that sweet ride pic with the mountains in the background from a bozo trail??? If it is, i gotta go there...you got my vote, THAT"S A SICK PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,025

    John, you beat me to it.

    I was just sitting down to hammer out a plug for you on this forum and by golly, you had already done it.

    This really is an internet popularity contest than, unfortunately for John, will be an uphill climb. Montana's entire population tends to be discounted because it is so small, smaller than southern Cal (pop. many zillion) and CO (pop. couple zillion). I hope he can qualify because he has a realistic chance of winning. It would be a shame to not send someone strong enough to beat Mark. Those old guys may be really strong and special heroes among us other old guys, but it's gonna take someone young to kick a$$. Plus John's bike is trashed and he's broke.

    Why does he deserve a chance? He has contributed tirelessly to further Montana bike advocacy efforts for more than a couple of years now. He is the formost mountain bike explorer in the region, putting up routes that I only can dream about. His photos, along with Bob Allen's, are used over and over for advocacy meetings by the Montana Mountain Bike Alliance. He has brought movies to Bozeman twice now, being among the first in the nation to show Roam and Seasons to the public. Both times he donated the money earned to mountain bike advocacy. He is currently working with 3 others and the Gallitin National Forest planning the first downhill route in the Bozeman area on public land. He explores, attends Bridger Bowl University, and goes to school, in the mold of former pioneers Schmidt, Jungst, Conway, and Coombs. He rarely looks like a dirtbag.

    Vote for John!

    The picture on his bio is from Chamonix, where he guided a few years ago.

    An example of his current output is like this, just outside of Bozeman.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

  14. #14
    addict
    Reputation: powderhound82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    345
    Gotta roll with the Idaho Jumper.
    MYL '03!!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nwmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    fire breathing mountain bikers......JP in 08' !



    good luck to ya !

  16. #16
    In FTF We Trust
    Reputation: el-cid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,815
    Funny, John, I clicked a link to the HellRide vote this morning before work and you were the first one I chose to click on. Nice pics and video and mucho respect for your work on the Montana Mountain Bike Alliance (I'm sporting a mmba sticker on the tail of my car I picked up from Greg at the Seasons premier in Bozeman). You got my vote this morning. I guess I better check this board a little more often.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

    Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,858
    The 64 yo guy seems to be a monster. He pretty much calls Weir out.

  18. #18
    Salad Days
    Reputation: jparker164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    759
    Thanks Greg, that's awfully nice of you to say. It's hard to give the illusion that you spend a lot of time working at school and not snowboarding and biking when you look like a dirtbag. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by GregB406
    I was just sitting down to hammer out a plug for you on this forum and by golly, you had already done it.

    This really is an internet popularity contest than, unfortunately for John, will be an uphill climb. Montana's entire population tends to be discounted because it is so small, smaller than southern Cal (pop. many zillion) and CO (pop. couple zillion). I hope he can qualify because he has a realistic chance of winning. It would be a shame to not send someone strong enough to beat Mark. Those old guys may be really strong and special heroes among us other old guys, but it's gonna take someone young to kick a$$. Plus John's bike is trashed and he's broke.

    Why does he deserve a chance? He has contributed tirelessly to further Montana bike advocacy efforts for more than a couple of years now. He is the formost mountain bike explorer in the region, putting up routes that I only can dream about. His photos, along with Bob Allen's, are used over and over for advocacy meetings by the Montana Mountain Bike Alliance. He has brought movies to Bozeman twice now, being among the first in the nation to show Roam and Seasons to the public. Both times he donated the money earned to mountain bike advocacy. He is currently working with 3 others and the Gallitin National Forest planning the first downhill route in the Bozeman area on public land. He explores, attends Bridger Bowl University, and goes to school, in the mold of former pioneers Schmidt, Jungst, Conway, and Coombs. He rarely looks like a dirtbag.

    Vote for John!

    The picture on his bio is from Chamonix, where he guided a few years ago.

    An example of his current output is like this, just outside of Bozeman.

  19. #19
    Dude...
    Reputation: Jessep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,309
    That's a great picture of my butt there Greg..

    I'm working on these Colorado peoples.. Stupid internet popularity contests...

    Vote for John, he shot a burning 'fridge with an AK-47

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep
    That's a great picture of my butt there Greg..

    I'm working on these Colorado peoples.. Stupid internet popularity contests...

    Vote for John, he shot a burning 'fridge with an AK-47
    It's not......about......your butt......

    poor fridge didn't have a fightin chance.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.