SE Boise trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SE Boise trails?

I often stand on the back of Tablerock and stare up towards Lucky Peak. It looks like that area should be criss-crossed with trails. Does anyone know of trails between Rocky Canyon and the Homestead area? I'm sure that is probably all private land, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    There are trails there with names like "Cobb Trail" and Squaw Creek" (how PC is that?). Most are really sandy though and it's a closed wildlife management area duing the winter when the trails might be firmed up.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Barneys Unite!

Look here . . .

http://www.ridgetorivers.org/index.html

Look under Wildlife Management Area in the Trail System Maps. My friend Mark could add more - if he's lurking.

TF
    Last edited by TFloyd; 08-02-2007 at 03:20 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I wish we could link in the trails in the table rock area to the wildlife management area.

The area above the mesa and Harris ranch, west of Squaw creek, looks like a great place for some new trails. There could be some real nice rock features up there.

Does anyone know the ownership of that land?

oops...
    Lurking -- so many negative connotations (mostly appropriate, but still)...

The only trail that I know of that linked back over to Table Rock (Terraces) is long closed. There was mention made in a now-moldy thread of a way to get back over to Rocky Canyon from the tower -- last time I went up there I failed to spot it, though. The Trail E/Shaw Mountain Rd. route is blocked by a large gate.

I have no idea who owns that land, but it would be cool to have something to tie back into TR...

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orfa
    I wish we could link in the trails in the table rock area to the wildlife management area.

The area above the mesa and Harris ranch, west of Squaw creek, looks like a great place for some new trails. There could be some real nice rock features up there.

Does anyone know the ownership of that land?
    Although it's kind of tedious, you can use the interactive map at the Ada County Assessor's web site to figure out the status of land.

http://www.adacountyassessor.org/propsys/
    "The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."

Members who have read this thread: 0