Sawtooth Mtns: Lowman- Mtbr.com
    CEB
    The beauty surrounds

Sawtooth Mtns: Lowman

Whoa........what a beautiful system of trails in the Sawtooth mtns. Don't overlook Idaho when seeking out some new playground with mile upon mile of ST that ribbons thru the forests. I spent 6 days with Escape Adventures (YES, this is a plug for them, they were excellent) in the Idaho "hills". The 5th day in we rode in the Lowman area, a trail referred to as Deadwood River-Julie Creek Trail...... warmly shortened and regarded as "dead julie".

Lemme ta you, this is no wussie XC run! 12 miles of climb to an elevation gain to 3500ft, then 7 miles DOWN the same gain! Hot doggie, glad I have a 140mm fork on my rig. This photo was taken at a point in the DeadJulie downhill where it was described to me as "the trail will just drop out from under you".......... NO SHEET. I put the camera away and shreaded that winding corkscrewy twisty downhill like I knew what I was doing. Got to the bottom and was.........breathless. Add Idaho to your shortlist!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    good for you CEB....looks awesome.

where'd you visit from?

what else did you guys ride?

CEB
    The beauty surrounds
    From San Diego...

We rode the Yuba River Trail out of the Atlanta area. Banner Ridge was another trail. I don't remember the others. The hot springs thru out the area were a fantastic way to end each day's ride!

Wandervans

sounds fun

saw the escape van driving throught pine and featherville a couple of weekends ago, must have been the tour.

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member
    Mmm. The best part is, it's only a 2 hour drive outside the city (if you go through Idaho City).

Members who have read this thread: 0