Saturday morning bogus ride- Mtbr.com
    let freedom ring!

Saturday morning bogus ride

Anyone up for a ride tomorrow morning at Bogus? Let me know. Thinking of meeting at the school around 8:30 or 9.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

just a man
    No riding for me tomorrow, sorry man. GO BIG!

aaarrrggghh!
    Hey Warren,

We'll be up there around 7 working on the freeride line. If you have time stop by and I'll show you a couple of things and we can talk about the intermediate line.

Ian

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That's really positive! I am getting my Reign from Custom Cycles around 10ish (installing 8" rotor) and then will come up.

Fly fat ass fly !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    Hey Warren,

We'll be up there around 7 working on the freeride line. If you have time stop by and I'll show you a couple of things and we can talk about the intermediate line.

Ian
    If this intermediate line has tables . Let me know , i will help on tues and weds.
    If you go to freeridesouth.com their are pics of some of the stuff i helped with .
    Mark and I did alot of work at the TOE and i worked with IMBA for 8 days at santos .
    I'm realy pissed, cause i thought Idaho would have alot more fun trails .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFLA
    If this intermediate line has tables . Let me know , i will help on tues and weds.
    If you go to freeridesouth.com their are pics of some of the stuff i helped with .
    Mark and I did alot of work at the TOE and i worked with IMBA for 8 days at santos .
    I'm realy pissed, cause i thought Idaho would have alot more fun trails .
    "fun" is all relative. If you like epic XC, Idaho is paradise. If you like freeriding, you have to work harder to find it or hook up with the right people that can show you the precious few spots there are.

Fly fat ass fly !
    I have seen pretty much every thing yall got .
    I guess its just me but eastcoast style is totally different . here is more low and racer type ... kinda thing . For exp. the frist dub/ stepup up at bogus . I realy can't say anything bad about the guys building cause their the only ones progressing around . Just not for me .

Anybody want a 06 SX trail ????

aaarrrggghh!

Huh?

. For exp. the frist dub/ stepup up at bogus . I realy can't say anything bad about the guys building cause their the only ones progressing around . Just not for me .
    Please translate first sentence. Give it time, young Jedi. Progression is slow in these here parts. We're doing our best with what the area has to offer. You just have to try and remain positive in spite of our lack of awesomeness.

Look at this way. If your patient we could show you 35 mile downhills with elevation losses around 6000 feet. Your largest hill in FLA is around 300 and its probably a garbage dump. Take the good with the bad and get involved. Otherwise this place will burn you out.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Intermountain west is not east coast. Comparing the two is like comparing DC to Seattle, or Canaan to Sun Valley, or Moab to the Chilicotins. They aren't the same and no expects them to be the same. But that is the beauty of having different trails throughout the country, the ability to experience different things.

Idaho has a lot of trails. I hope you get to experience all of them...
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Intermountain west is not east coast. Comparing the two is like comparing DC to Seattle, or Canaan to Sun Valley, or Moab to the Chilicotins. They aren't the same and no expects them to be the same. But that is the beauty of having different trails throughout the country, the ability to experience different things.

Idaho has a lot of trails. I hope you get to experience all of them...
    In other words, if you want "east coast style", the high desert is not the place to be...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    In other words, if you want "east coast style", the high desert is not the place to be...
    It's easy to find "east coast style". Just go to the east coast.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I never said that. :P
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

blet drive
    I have seen pretty much every thing yall got .
    I guess its just me but eastcoast style is totally different . here is more low and racer type ... kinda thing . For exp. the frist dub/ stepup up at bogus . I realy can't say anything bad about the guys building cause their the only ones progressing around . Just not for me .

Anybody want a 06 SX trail ????
    an 06 sx trail?
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    the fact that someone from the sunshine state would talk smack about boise trails is ridiculous. only way to get elevation change is in the old limestone quarries, etc. and that's a stretch. as for the lack of awesome freeride trails/lines. whose fault is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    the fact that someone from the sunshine state would talk smack about boise trails is ridiculous. only way to get elevation change is in the old limestone quarries, etc. and that's a stretch. as for the lack of awesome freeride trails/lines. whose fault is that?
    it's like moving to FL and complaining about having too many beaches with half nekkid women...

aaarrrggghh!

Patience

[QUOTE=. as for the lack of awesome freeride trails/lines. whose fault is that?[/QUOTE]

Well obviously not his. He just moved here. It takes time and we're doing the best we can.

I can relate to JonnyFLA's dilemma. Before I moved here I heard this was a mountain bike mecca, which it is if XC is your passion. But the trails I was used to riding fully justified a 40lbs. bike for all day rides. That type of bike wasn't necessary by any means, but the technicality of the trails made it much more reasonable. When I moved here I was unpleasantly surprised by the lack of technical trails. At first I was frustrated but over time accepted the trails for what they are and have been trying to make more advanced trails when I get the chance. Our immigrant needs to give it chance before freaking out and dismissing this area as a great place to ride. He must be patient.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    Our immigrant needs to give it chance before freaking out and dismissing this area as a great place to ride. He must be patient.
    Must be patient and have a passion for digging. Mmmm dirt, wood, rock -good!

May 2007

Technical riding is out there

You just need to find it and be willing to work for it. You are definatly not going to find it in
    the Boise foot hills.

If you want it in the boise foothill quite bit??? and help Ivan change it. If he had more support and help who knows what could happen. I am a 50 year old rider who would never even consider riding his work but have contributed $100 towards supporting what he is doing. What have you all done to support freeriding.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Fly fat ass fly !
    Well after taking off my flame suit .
    1. Junglekid a SX trail is a bike

2. I found Tamarack too be pretty fun , the downhill half of eastside trail is fun , I think shindig would be realy fun if the brake draging didn't rut that trail all to hell. Sun valley was fun and had aeosme views , after the 1.5 hour hikabike .

3. As for this "freeridetrail " @ table rock ...................not going there , but the trails were cool i guess.

4 .What have i done to support freeriding ??? I guess picking up trash at ussery dosen't count as support . i'v been in THE HO for a month and a half ,so nothing in yet .

5. I need to find out what the rules about building here .

6. My idea of fun trail is a trail that flows along with hits along the way .
    I'm not realy big on the hard tech lines , just more about flow and fun for all .

SOOOO flame on you Armstrong lovers you
    Last edited by Visicypher; 08-26-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Woodchuck
    Mar 2007

Dig for it

I'm also new to Boise, and from the Northeast. My preference is also xc with enough rocks and roots to keep it challengeing. Like the man says, you gotta dig for it. I am still discovering trails where I thought there was nothing. Like everywhere, the best stuff is not always on the map. That seems to be true in the Bogus area.

I too would love to see more of those au-naturale minimal tracks. One thing for sure here, is that you will learn to climb. I'm still in awe of the work that goes into creating benches on a vertical wall.

Fly fat ass fly !
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

Woodchuck
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, I'll be riding that next week. Oh, and then me and Pamela Anderson are getting together for quality time.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Looks crowded. There's what, maybe 2/3 of a mile of riding there?

just a man
    That looks like a lot of fun. Freeride fun isn't measured in "miles" for those who were wondering.....hitting the drops and teeters takes more skill than grinding up Hard Guy.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    That looks like a lot of fun. Freeride fun isn't measured in "miles" for those who were wondering.....hitting the drops and teeters takes more skill than grinding up Hard Guy.
    Take is easy sunnyboy. I said it looked crowded and that there were maybe 2/3 of a miles of trails. I didn't say anything about fun or skill.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Take is easy sunnyboy. I said it looked crowded and that there were maybe 2/3 of a miles of trails. I didn't say anything about fun or skill.
    This board's gone so soft and defensive nowadays...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    This board's gone so soft and defensive nowadays...
    BAM!

For the cause of all that's good about this little ol' country of ours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just a man
    Crackin me up over here...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    That is some great stuff Jonny.....I can see why you're crying. I especially like the Whistler Octopus-like teeter step-on/step-off......awesome stuff. Hang in there with us......we don't have much, but the Bogus project has progressed in to one very nice, challenging freeride trail that tests all disciplines top to bottom. I wish we had more, but it is what it is. Don't sell that SX Trail just yet.........

Members who have read this thread: 0