sandpoint trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

sandpoint trails?

any good trails around sandpoint? xc, freeride, lifts...we ride them all. we will be camping at farragut state park. thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Not a whole lotta freeride, but just about everything else. As you first enter town you will see Gold Hill to your right as you cross the 2 mile bridge into town. An uphill workout with an AM/ light DH downhill. Syringa just southwest of town offers a huge network of trails that are mostly AM. And finally Schweitzer. I'm not a huge fan of these, probably because I don't have FS. The trails are really rocky and jagged. My favorite thing to do on Schweitzer is what is known as the fire station trail. About a mile before you get to the village you will see a firestation on your right. Pull into that parking lot and you will see the trail head at the other end of the lot. This trail is probably most everyone's favorite around the area. It offers everything from fast XC, AM and a lot of DJ.

Let me know if you'd like any specific directions to any of these.

mtnjam
    right where you are camping in Farragut has some great bike trails

There used to be a guy on here Captn ??? that used to have a site lacticacidheads that doesn't look like is in service anymore

mtbr member
    May 2006
    thanks. how about a bike shop there that may have maps or info?

mtbr member
    Check out the mineral point trail and I would say that the firestation trail is by far the best! Tried the DH and the XC schweitzer trails last summer and found them to still be under developed... but they do have potential for a lot of great trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    A few shops to check into would be Outdoor Experience, Sandpoint Sports, and Sports Plus.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you happen to be staying at Farragut State Park in July, there are mountain bike races near the Thimbleberry camp on Wednesday nights in July. This would be a great time to ride a fun cross country course or meet up with some Sandpoint residents that will be racing. The race is time trial format with starts sometime between 4:30-6:30.

If you don't mind riding up, the scout trail is a gentle climb to Bernard peak and the Canfield trail system is on Canfield mountain down in the Coeur d' Alene area. Go to Mountain View Cyclery in Hayden for info on Canfield.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    thanks for the info

Members who have read this thread: 0