Salmon DH Pictures- Mtbr.com

Jan 2005

Salmon DH Pictures

Myself, Russell and Kyle went to Salmon and raced the DH this last weekend. The course is like none other. I came to the race expecting a bunch of nasty rock gardens and some huge speed sections. I could not have been a whole lot more wrong.
    The course only lost a few hundred vertical feet, and it was in a very small canyon with a ton of nice wooden structures. Lots of fun!
    My travel party consisted of Myself, my father, Russell and my brothers Chris and Kyle.
    What a long trip. 7 hours to get there hauling the trailer.

Well we got there, ended up riding all around town looking for the shuttle and eventually getting a ride up. We did a few runs and it became time for the dual free competition back in town. In the actual event, I ended up taking 5th, which was a slightly dissapointing finish, but that's the way things go. It's such a fun event. It'll be in the coop parking lot at the banzai, so everyone should come and watch.

Here's the only picture that came out of that event. The look on my face is the result of finding out that they moved the jumps together right as I hit the jump.

Anyways, on to the race photos... They're not in any particular order, so live with it.
    Kendal Parrish about to sample the soil

Russell

Me coming off the old car

Kyle doing the same

Kendal also riding off the car

This shot shows just how cool the course really was. Russell is the rider.

Now Russell is on the car!

Taylor Reed coming off the big ladder feature

Myself doing some of the same

Kyle riding the ladder. This kid is a maniac! I showed him right!

Kendal about to go down hard

Russell demonstrating how it is done

Art Widmar being super fast. He beat me by like 8 seconds which is enormous on this course.

Kyle yet again showing that he knows how to ride a bike

And finally, me pretty far over the front of the bike...

The end results of the race for Myself, Russell, Kyle are:
    Me-2nd overall fastest Sport
    Russell-1st Beginner 13-18
    Kyle-1st 12 and Under

Very successful weekend for Trevor's Dad Racing (Our sponsor) .
    I came out of the experience with $20 in hand, and a new pair of gloves.
    Russell ended up with a pair of perfectly fitting Fly shorts.
    And Kyle ended up with a healthy dose of awesomeness.

Hope you guys like the pictures,

Trevor

just a man

Representin

Way to go young Treasure Valley shredders. Thanks for sharing the pics Trevor, I think your involvement with the racing circuit is admirable.

King of the Barneys
    I'll second that. I oughta get caught up with the Dirt Dart. Kendal was pretty tiny last time I saw him..

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cool pics, thanks for posting.

Aug 2004
    Those lil' kids have bigger balls than me!!!

Great pix Tervor!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Awesome photos Tervor, I mean Trev! Young talent coming up!
    That course looks sweet

jalepenio jimenez

Well done

Great pics Trevor! And well written also.

Keep up the good work!

jp
    White Clouds - Heart of Idaho
    Still kick'n after being knocked down, drugged out, and bent over - thanks MSTI...you rock.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mudflap
    Great pics Trevor! And well written also.

Keep up the good work!

jp
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you guys seem to like the pictures, because it took me something like 2 hours to get them all loaded and posted up...

And thanks for the comment on the writing. I like to think that what I write is moderately interesting, and it's nice to hear that someone thinks so too...

Anyways, expect to see at least one last set of pictures from the '06 race season...

The Banzai!

Trevor

Cheesiest
    Cool shots! I have a buddy from Salmon that knows the guys who outs on the Race. Looks like a lot of fun!
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtnjam
    nice work Trevor!

Great photo's of the course. Talked to the Reed's yesterday at the shop. Bill was saying they did a great job setting up the course with very little to work with on slopes and space. Is the course set up all year or just for the race?

Can't help looking at all the wonderful snow in the Bitteroots behind you in that first pic.. .

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    nice work Trevor!

Great photo's of the course. Talked to the Reed's yesterday at the shop. Bill was saying they did a great job setting up the course with very little to work with on slopes and space. Is the course set up all year or just for the race?

Can't help looking at all the wonderful snow in the Bitteroots behind you in that first pic.. .
    My dad took each and every one of the pictures, so he deserves credit for that.
    The course is probably going to be there year round, but It's doubtful that they do any work on it until next year rolls around. The snow will make it un-ridable within a short period of time, so I think that's about it for this year.
    Oh, now you're forcing me to post up some pictures from Saturday morning on the way up. The snow was just a dusting at the elevation we were at, but a few hundred feet higher up, it was probably about 3-4 inches.

Trevor

Jan 2005
    The river where we stopped Friday night. We woke up and there was white stuff falling from the sky.

Members who have read this thread: 0