Roll call for Tour de Fat- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

Roll call for Tour de Fat

Be forewarned...I will be bringing my digicam with me today so if you don't want your white ass appearing all over the net (*cough* Earthpig), don't flaunt it. Otherwise it's all fair game!!

I ain't bringing my bike today so I'm just gonna hoof it from the BSU Rec Center over to JD.

BTW....since I don't drink...whomever wants my beer tokens get them from me when I'm working the beer booth today from 2-3pm.

Hope to see everyone there today!!!

Nick

EDIT

And remember....alot of the $ that is raised today is going to help build new trails up at Bogus!
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 08-26-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Aug 2004
    I'm back at the office working right now .

What a madhouse over there!!!

Good to see some folks from here:
    Chris
    Eric
    Almer
    Chad
    JJ
    Terry

Rumor has it that Geoff was around earlier for the bike parade. Hopefully alot more from here made it out.

Looks like TdF is gonna raise over their goal of $10,000!!! Hopefully we can see those Bogus trails going up soon!!!

mtbr member

Island Park Cycles

Hey B.S., who is the gentleman in the picture with the Island Park Cyles shirt?
    There can't be that many LBS's with that name and my old stomping grounds of Fargo would have one of them.
    In fact, I purchased my Epic there a couple of years back when home for Xmas.
    One great thing about the midwest is that they have no hills and you can get full suspensions at dirt cheap prices as the LBS's don't want to hold on to them at end of season.
    BoiseBoy

King of the Barneys

What a Party! What a great Day!

We brought the tandem cruiser down for the big cruiser ride, and what a hoot! here are a bunch of random shots taken throughout a nice long day...

The first is the happy couple, and the rest were on the big ride...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

King of the Barneys

And some more

of our most beautiful day..
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    Hey B.S., who is the gentleman in the picture with the Island Park Cyles shirt? There can't be that many LBS's with that name and my old stomping grounds of Fargo would have one of them.
    Tha's me in the Island Park shirt, but don't go calling me a gentleman. I spent 18 months in Fargo, and yep, the shirt is from your old shop's namesake - it's the best shop in town.

The TdF was a blast this year. Unfortunately I missed the parade - or at least participating in it - but I did see it pass as I ate breakfast and sipped coffee on the patio at River City Bagels. Otherwise it was great seeing everyone, and sharing in the fun.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member

Cool Beans

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Tha's me in the Island Park shirt, but don't go calling me a gentleman. I spent 18 months in Fargo, and yep, the shirt is from your old shop's namesake - it's the best shop in town.

The TdF was a blast this year. Unfortunately I missed the parade - or at least participating in it - but I did see it pass as I ate breakfast and sipped coffee on the patio at River City Bagels. Otherwise it was great seeing everyone, and sharing in the fun.

So, Pepe' Laffeaux, how did you like the riding in the great Red River valley? Some monster climbs back there going up the over pass!! Flattest place on earth, had to search hard to find any terrain.
    You'll have to mail me and give me your thoughts/experiences.
    BoiseBoy

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Good times yesterday, for the most part. Took the 4 year old on the cruiser ride, and then came back for post-mountain bike-ride suds later in the afternoon. By my count, here are the board denizens I saw in attendance: CBro, Laffeaux, flipnidaho, Dingle, sweetflowersister, smoking39, rocknrollbarbie, Viscypher (and dogs), mcidmtb (and family), Irishbudda (and significant other), dmeek (and Beck), georgezilla (who knew?), and Howley. Sounds like others were there at other times. I also ran into many "off-board" rider types too, including Kristi, Fred (who kept calling me Eric), Steve, Bob, Toad, Sliney, Will, Tim, Jane, and George. (Apologies to anyone I forgot.) I'm very proud of two things:

(1) the fact that we polished off 48 kegs in 6 hours; and
    (2) the fact that I was not the guy with the @ss pants.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 08-27-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Already looking forward to next year!!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    No beers were harmed in the making of these photos.

Barneys Unite!
    Love the last picture. Nick and I fumbling with those %*& ing wristbands!

It was actually a lot of fun, and it sure looked there were lots more people than last year.

TF
    Last edited by TFloyd; 08-28-2006 at 07:04 AM.

just a man
    Looks like I missed a lot of fun. Thanks for posting pics! Looks like Morg was having a dandy time too, "Eric."

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Bvtt sniffing

....signs you have had to much to drink and other normal activities
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Aug 2004
    Here is a pretty good article on TdF from BSU's student newspaper:
    http://www.arbiteronline.com/media/s...iteronline.com

dirt enthusiast

... and if we just ... oh man!

what a blast of a day!! funny what 4 beers can do to ya! definately looking forward to and planning on next year!

nice to see so many people out for the afternoon and to meet some from the forum. but why does this happen only once a year?!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    but why does this happen only once a year?!
    It can happen every ride if you plan right!

Aug 2004
    For the folks that either posted pix in this thread or are in the pix themselves....

Would it be OK if someone from New Belgium saw and perhaps used these pix? A gal from New Belgium has requested from both Margie and Kristi of SWIMBA for pix from TdF. The ones we have in here are pretty good.

Well maybe except for Visi doing some ass sniffing.....

Thanks

Nick

Barneys Unite!
    OK by me.

TF

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Nick,

that is the traditional dog greeting!!!! Geez!!! Are they gonna use my other dog pic? Their breeders would love it if the made a New Belgium ad campaign.

Oh...and sorry we blew past you last night. It was fun hitting the step up on the other side!!!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

King of the Barneys
    OK by me. We're already famous for those hats. Thank God they're not Pink, eh??

CDB

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Fine by me. Maybe the Schlitz people will want to use the last two.

Members who have read this thread: 0