rode Tamarack today. pretty good conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

rode Tamarack today. pretty good conditions

having ridden it when it was hella dusty in the past, it was definitely not as bad as it has been. of course there was only like 10 people riding today but the recent light rains have apparently helpd. some of the turns are still powdery crap but not every turn, like it could have been. the newer trails (to me anyway) are a hoot - 'smoke jumper' and 'rock star'.
    after 8+ runs - i lost count- i am spent.

just a man
    Good stuff. 8 good runs is a great workout!

Tik

Jul 2008
    Gratz, I'm new to the sport and have done 4 runs but nothing like rock. 8 is awesome.
    I'm heading up with 2 other peeps this weekend not sure if Sat or Sun but I'll post later if anyone is interested in piling in for rides.
    Riding my stab for down hill and just got a kikapu that will hopefully be up and running as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Good stuff. 8 good runs is a great workout!
    we were watching the clock so at 3:30 we headed up for what turned out to be the penultimate run. after bombing down super G we hit the lift at 3:59 for the last run of the day, a leisurely trip down smokejumper. that last run might have been #9 but i really did loose count.
    i'll be up there again on friday.

just a man
    Good stuff. 2 years ago a buddy and I did 10 runs and I had a very difficult time making the drive back to Boise. My hands and legs were toast, shakey as heck and I wanted to fall asleep at the wheel. Coffee and one of those heavy caffeinated can drinks are the only thing that kept me from dozing off and plunging into the Payette River.

Have a great time~

Eat More Dirt
    Good to hear the trails are good, I am going to try and make it up there this Sunday with a few people. I hope my Remedy gets here before then so I don't have to ride my rigid SS, haha!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Westrider7
    Good to hear the trails are good, I am going to try and make it up there this Sunday with a few people. I hope my Remedy gets here before then so I don't have to ride my rigid SS, haha!
    wonder how it was on sunday? it looked like it rained a decent amount saturday night on my way to the airport at 4:00 am.
    side bar: i finally hit Stage Fright on Friday, including the drop of the ledge. its the one that looks like its 5' but feels like its 8' right under the chair lift. i've been staring at that ledge for 4 years now and it felt real good to hit it.

Members who have read this thread: 0