Roads beyond Wilson Creek Road?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Roads beyond Wilson Creek Road?

So I'm on Google Maps now.....

Off of Wilson Creek Road there are other roads that go deep into the desert between Highway 78 and 95. Some of the names are Parmenter Street, Pigeon Road, Salmon Creek Road, etc. Anyone here been on these roads? I'm assuming they are dirt roads. If so....are they pretty easily passable on a bike or are they pretty rough and sandy?

Since Wilson Creek is closer to the trailer park than the Footies, I'd like to do some dirt road epics out there. I need to bump up my ride time on the weekends with Cycle Idaho looming in a couple of months.

Mahalo

Nick

Rocks Rock
    One day I drove up Wilson Crick, then across Salmon Crick to Reynolds Crick and back down. All those roads were good enough to drive a car on and were not sandy like the trails thru the washes between Wilson Crick and Reynolds Crick.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Thanks Dave. Were there any prolonged steep stretches or was stuff pretty mellow/gradual? Are the roads signed?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hi Nick,

I see John has your Yeti bike all apart and it looks like you're gonna have essentially a new ride when he's done. Good deal!

John does good work

Hi!!!
    Yeah, Doc Jay was in there over the weekend and said the same thing.

The last time Jon and Dan had my bike, when I got it back from 'em it rode better than new. The biggest difference that I could tell was how mucher smoother the RP3 felt. Oh and the bike was QUIET! They repacked the bearings the last time around. This time I'm getting those Enduro bearings on there.

Man I sure do miss my bike though! Especially after seeing the latest round of Rock Island postings.

Did you get your Reign back?

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Thanks Dave. Were there any prolonged steep stretches or was stuff pretty mellow/gradual? Are the roads signed?
    Wilson Crick Rd has some dang steep spots. That loop I mentioned would be a long ride even for Twisted, I think. But if you were wanting a cooler place to ride in the summer you could drive to the Wilson Crick sumit and ride from there. Roads were signed pretty good.
    Am I being kind?

Hoops - Big and Small

Wilson is the new Footie

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Since Wilson Creek is closer to the trailer park than the Footies, I'd like to do some dirt road epics out there.
    Last weekend a couple of buddies and I circumnavigated Wilson Peak clockwise (the wrong way). If you want to do a major epic ride up to the radio tower on top of Wilson, it's an incredible view, and a major workout.

I went to the map thingy at Madonna's on monday to take a look at what's going to happen to the Owyhee front. The planning is taking into consideration that 2C will eventually build out to the Snake and that Wilson/Reynolds will become the new Boise Front (with all the access and trail issues to boot).

Park the trailer on the Snake there will be a Lucky 13 and a Jekyll & Hyde park in a couple of years.

Members who have read this thread: 0