Riding near Evanston WY- Mtbr.com
    Bored Carp

Riding near Evanston WY

Hi there -

I have a family member who may be moving to Evanston WY, and I am looking for a little beta on the riding opportunities near town.

- XC riding: are there good rides out there? Can a person get out and do a 3 hour trail ride without having to drive for hours? Got any specific recommendations?

- road riding: is there any good road riding out there or does it tend to be highway and big trucks? General attitude of locals toward road riders?

Anything else you feel is important to know?

thank you in advance,
    Chuky
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Mar 2006
    I cant say for sure what there is for riding out there, as i havent made it out there yet. but based on what i know about south western wyo, you wont have much luck on the road. most roads not in town tend to be highways with very small shoulders. there will probably also be heavy truck traffic on a lot of them too. not so sure about the mtn biking though.

good luck.

matt

Don't worry, be happy!
    I beg to differ on the road riding. I lived in NW & Central Wyoming for a few years, ( Casper and Powell) and the road riding was great. There are plenty of paved farm/rural roads that are not main roads, and that are laid out along township-range lines.No one was on them except the occasional rancher in a pickup ( wave at them) It was easy to knock off a 40 mile road ride and only be on the highway for a few miles.

As for trail riding....????
    Last edited by formica; 11-14-2006 at 09:18 AM.

Mar 2006
    hmm, im basing my info off of areas like Rock Springs, Rawlins, and Wamsutter. Cities east of Evanston. From what ive seen there i dont think youd have too much luck. but then again i havent made it to evanston yet so i dont really know.

matt

Tracking up the place
    There are several rides in the area... and also the Upper Utah area... I would look for rides listed in Mtn Biking Wyoming by Amber Travsky, though her mileage is bit off...I think you might be able to locate some riders as I do know they have a yearly Mtn. bike race... I will look up some stuff and drop it here... But there is riding in Evanston area....Wolverine Ridge....

http://www.evanstonwy.org/events/ann...ace.asp?id=157
    Last edited by Haroow; 11-15-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Jul 2006
    I have never sat in a bathtub full of ice cream and chocolate syrup, but I have drank a glass of warm tea, and you should listen to what I have to say.

Jul 2006
    hmm, im basing my info off of candy being like tigers.

Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzalas
    hmm, im basing my info off of candy being like tigers.
    you, my some what funny friend, are a douche bag. but point taken. in truth none of us have ever been to evanston, because like the rest of southwest wyoming, its not worth visiting.

Members who have read this thread: 0