Riding in Jackson this weekend- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

Riding in Jackson this weekend

Hey all,

We're heading to Jackson from SLC tomorrow to do some riding - my friend has a race on Saturday morning, but we're looking to do some more riding on Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday. Probably one longer (4-6 hour) ride and a couple of shorter (1-2 hour) rides. Any recommendations on what XC rides would be good at this time of year? (Given that it's supposed to be 90 degrees?) We're open to riding on the Idaho side as well.

Also, for one of the shorter rides, I was thinking of bringing my FR rig... but I'll be riding with people on XC bikes. Are there any trails that would be fun on both XC and FR bikes? Or should I just leave the FR bike at home?

Thanks in advance!

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Wow, you have a ton of options.
    A great shorter ride for both the FR and XC is Phillips Canyon or Black Canyon, both on the pass.
    There is fantastic riding right in town, Cache-Game-Ferrins-Putt-Putt-Sink or Swim, etc, anywhere from 1-5 hours, depending.
    Long rides...go to Idaho!
    The Big Hole's have some great epics, such as South fork horseshoe-North Canyon South Canyon-Mahogany, or Mahogany Elk Flats-Red Mountain-Pine Creek Pass...good stuff.
    These are also some great shorter loops on the north side of Horseshoe canyon, as well as many, many others...Pole Canyon-Mike Harris is great on either a 4 or 6"-er...
    PM me if you want more details.
    There is simply killer riding up here.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

Rocks Rock
    Look out for rideit. He may put you to work building trail. Hey Wendel, miss ya man!
    Am I being kind?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Hey Impy, hows it hangin'?
    Not as much travel this year, wifey is putting out a pup in September...I'm on a short leash.
    Did you ever sell that house in A-Town?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

Members who have read this thread: 0