Riding around Silver City?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Riding around Silver City?

This topic came up last night during our stocking shift.

I know in the old Stuebner book he gives details on a very short ~6.5 mile ride. But other than that I haven't seen anything else for the area.

Any idea if there is anything rideable out there (preferably single/double track) other than what Steve wrote about?

Thanks

Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Nick, In 2000 I did a ride there with Leo and crew. We parked on the road that leads to the summit of War Eagle and rode from there. We summitted War Eagle, then rode east on a dirt road which eventually looped us around through the backside of Silver City. We then climbed back to the cars on th main road. The ride was probably 25 miles(?), quite a bit of climbing, and really nice scenary too. There wasn't a lot of singletrack, but it was still nice riding.

The route is likely not passable until late spring. I could likely figure out the route with a quad sheet, and Leo might have it mapped out somewhere. I'd love to go back and do it again!
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Members who have read this thread: 0