Riding around Priest Lake- Mtbr.com
    Ride up to ride down.

Riding around Priest Lake

Anybody have any good info on Priest Lake area riding. Specifically some high country stuff. I know some of the local stuff around the lake but want to get into the alpine if possible..

Thanks in advance.

Voree

Don't worry, be happy!
    here is the best link for that area.... haven't heard of much high country riding around there, but that doesn't' mean it's doesn't exist.
    http://www.mtbpriestlake.com/

I've often leafed through the new Cabinet and Selkirk hiking guides (Trails of the Wild....) wondering how many of those trails would work for biking....

mtbr member
    May 2007
    A pretty cool trail to go on is the upper preist falls trail. It is north of nordman. It follows a river with some old growth cedars, after about 8 miles or so there is a pretty nice water fall you can soak in. It's been awhile since I have been there but if I remember correctly there are some offshoot trials that climb pretty fiercely that you can take. If you go to the local forest service ranger station in Sandpoint I even think they have a little guilde you can pick up. Might be a place to start. Good luck...

Ride up to ride down.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. I have the 100 trails inland hiking edition that looks fruitful but kind of hard to discern the legal vs. hiker only trails.

Don't worry, be happy!
    A FS travel guide which you can get at the ranger station will tell you which trails are open/closed to what.

Members who have read this thread: 0