Ride in Late August near Whitefish- Mtbr.com

Aug 2006

Ride in Late August near Whitefish

Hello, I am coming up for a little vacation at the end of August.
    I will have to rent and ride. I am looking for a place to explore for a day.
    I checked out Big Mountain but it looks like the main lift is closed.
    Any suggestions would be great!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    contact glacier cyclery-they have a local guidebook 406-862-6446
    Big mountain's trails are largely still open though the lift they are running this summer only accesses the lower 1200 vert ft of the mtn.
    Where to suggest depends what you are looking for. Pig farm is an intricate area of dirt roads,two track and single track-super fast,fun and almost guaranteed to get you temporarily lost. Spencer is more technical and closer to town. Desert mountain,Bill creek,and Reid divide are more classic grind up a road,down a flowy singletrack rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I will also be in that area (Big Fork) in August. My available riding days are the 17th through the 21st of August. I'll probably bring my own bike and I am looking for cross country riding. I am an upper intermediate/lower advanced cross country rider and have been riding since the early 90s.

Are there any shops that offer tours in the Big Fork area? I am looking for a real mountain biking tour, not one where you ride flat paved and unpaved fireroads and call it mountain biking.

Or if anyone would like to ride, let me know. I always enjoy riding with new people.

Hawk

mtbr member
    I live in the Kalispell/Whitefish area... PM me

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Im in Bigfork, and try to get out and ride singletrack every weekend. Mountain Mikes in bigfork offers tours but I think they only guide the river road with tourists who rent. I have been told they never really go out on any real trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0