Revelation fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: Revelation fork

mtbr member
    May 2004

Revelation fork

Hi,
    I want to know if anybody from Boise area is interested in a Revelation fork. I am selling it and it is in excellent condition. It is adj 100-130mm is air, black, and has all the controls.

I bought a Pike, so would like to sell the Revelation. If interested and you're local, shoot me a PM as I thought it was sold but it is not yet. thanks
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 10-06-2006 at 12:33 PM.

just a man
    DK - You going to rebuild that front wheel with a 20mm hub or buy a new wheel? The boys over at George's (I go to Meridian typically) rebuilt my front wheel and did a dandy job for a good price. No one seemed to have a 20mm hub in stock so I had to buy online (anathema!), got a nice Marz from Pricepoint I think. I think you'll like the feel of the 20mm, just gotta decide how you want to cart the bike around now!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    DK - You going to rebuild that front wheel with a 20mm hub or buy a new wheel? The boys over at George's (I go to Meridian typically) rebuilt my front wheel and did a dandy job for a good price. No one seemed to have a 20mm hub in stock so I had to buy online (anathema!), got a nice Marz from Pricepoint I think. I think you'll like the feel of the 20mm, just gotta decide how you want to cart the bike around now!
    Craig,

the Crossmax XL's came with some spacers so the front hub was convertible. I rode the fork last night and it felt good but needs a firmer spring, which I've ordered. As for carting it around, it's as easy as taking the front wheel off a standard dropout, but I'm prob going to buy a Thule sidearm thing since fits nicely and is made for my rack

just a man
    OK cool, nice feature in that wheel apparently.

I don't think there should be any play at all in the wheel though, you sure you got that thing tightened up/seated correctly? "Play" now usually means "destruction" later from my experience. That maxle should be solid...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll have to have a shop look into it. It's just a very very tiny amount of movement laterally when you grab the top of the wheel and move it. I think it is the hubs but will check the maxle again. I screwed the maxle in, then tightened the nut on the end until I could close the lever with some decent amount of tension on it (not too tight but not loose by any means).

just a man
    Just make sure you've got that maxle fully seated and threaded in all the way (it only takes a few turns). Have the shop you bought it from double check it, good idea.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Craig!

Sep 2006
    How do you like the pike vs. the revelation? I'm trying to decide between the 2 for a Turner 5 Spot build.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    well, just depends on what you like and how you ride? both feel really good. the rev is lighter of course; the maxle is stiff!

Sep 2006
    I ride mostly XC/ All Mountain. So mostly single track with some drops. Basically hard all mountain riding. What do you think having ridden both? I love to climb by the way.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I haven't went down any drops yet on the Pike except for the rock at Hulls. I could tell you the Rev is great, since I'm selling one! but would have to say for overall to go with the Pike, but if you get the coil be sure to order a stiffer spring as appropriate

Members who have read this thread: 0