Rapelje Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rapelje Questions

Wondering when the race usually fills up. I am trying to talk a few people into joining me and need to know how long I should give them.
    Also, how single speed friendly is the course? How much elevation gain is there, and how much of it is on flats? Seems like if my gearing is set to be able to ride the hills and then there are a couple miles of flats especially on dirt roads it would be a bummer to spin out. Is there a way to preride the trail ahead of time? It seems like it might go through some private property.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    guess i should have googled a little longer before posting. In case anyone else is wondering: 5 miles of climbing, 5 miles of decent, 4 miles flat, 900 feet gained.
    Sounds kinda tame, but it it is more the experience and atmosphere of a 24hr race rather than the quality of the course that is interesting me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Haven't done the race in about 2 years but it is easy on a SS. But I would bring a sus fork. The grass and pot holes eat up your wrists. I have done some 24 racing and this is the best one yet cause it isn't about the pros, it is about riding and helping out an amazing group of people in rural montana. Don't take it too serious and have fun.
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

Members who have read this thread: 0