Race Fee for Georges Tuesday Nighter- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Race Fee for Georges Tuesday Nighter

Georges Cycles is going to charge two dollars plus a five dollar for those who don't have an annual US Cycling race license for their Tuesday night group road ride out by 10 mile creek road. Only a group of roadies could come up with this. I am so glad that I have a mountain bike. I am also greatfull that the rest of the MB comunity would just rather go for a ride than think of ways to make everybodies ride just a little less fun and life just alittle more complicated.

Wandervans

I don't mind paying the two bucks

Quote Originally Posted by freekthefunk
    Georges Cycles is going to charge two dollars plus a five dollar for those who don't have an annual US Cycling race license for their Tuesday night group road ride out by 10 mile creek road. Only a group of roadies could come up with this. I am so glad that I have a mountain bike. I am also greatfull that the rest of the MB comunity would just rather go for a ride than think of ways to make everybodies ride just a little less fun and life just alittle more complicated.
    they have had a couple crashes out there so I think it was just a matter of time before this happened. It is hard to get me to road race on the weekends so this is a good option for me to get some road racing time, plus it is a great workout. I usually go out for the tuesday nighters quite a bit and love climbing bogus on the road bike.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freekthefunk
    It's a smart move. Lawsuits suck. No one is forcing anyone to ride the Tuesday Nighter and/or pay. I guarantee the mtb community would have something like this if the masses showed up for a Tuesday night dirt crit on public trails.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

dirt crits not allowed in foothills?

Quote Originally Posted by danK
    It's a smart move. Lawsuits suck. No one is forcing anyone to ride the Tuesday Nighter and/or pay. I guarantee the mtb community would have something like this if the masses showed up for a Tuesday night dirt crit on public trails.
    It seems to me I've read somewhere that the Ridge to Rivers charter does not allow racing and/or race-like events on the foothills trails - mostly as a safety for the masses thing.

But that's besides the point. The point is, lawsuits suck, so I think it's a smart move.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.