Question (non-MTB)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Question (non-MTB)

Sooo, of course I have access to near-unlimited resource materials to research this, called the internet, but thought I would ask my silly mtn bike friends too, get yer take on it.

Okay, so let's say you have one or a few friends you want to introduce to a whole bunch of friends, a group. Do you introduce the few to the group, or the group to the few?

Please answer considering all the combinations and permutations and why.

I know some BASIC etiquette is that, when introducing a woman to anybody, you always introduce the other person to the woman, never the woman to the other person. I also read waaay back sometime that you are supposed to introduce the more "important" person to the less important person? As an example, "Mr. Clinton, I would like you to meet Chris Parker"
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-15-2006 at 07:34 PM.

mtbr member

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Sooo, of course I have access to near-unlimited resource materials to research this, called the internet, but thought I would ask my silly mtn bike friends too, get yer take on it.

Okay, so let's say you have one or a few friends you want to introduce to a whole bunch of friends, a group. Do you introduce the few to the group, or the group to the few?

Please answer considering all the combinations and permutations and why.

I know some BASIC etiquette is that, when introducing a woman to anybody, you always introduce the other person to the woman, never the woman to the other person. I also read waaay back sometime that you are supposed to introduce the more "important" person to the less important person? As an example, "Mr. President, I would like you to meet John Smith"

What are you talking about, you just contradicted yourself!
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    haha!! I'll fix it, check it now

Don't worry, be happy!
    if it's just friends, order shouldn't matter.

otoh...www.emilypost.com I sure will have the correct info.

just a man

Really?

Last edited by Bombin4X; 11-16-2006 at 12:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Let's say you are with someone, lets say her name is Hillary, and you run into a person who you know but who your companion does not. You would approach the person to whom you want to introduce and say something like, Mr. Clinton, I would like you to meet my friend Hillary." And the you would say, "Hillary, this is my friend, Bill Clinton." You always greet and introduce the person you are NOT with first and then make the same introduction for the benefit of your companion. That way, both people get to hear each others' names twice. The sex of either person does not dictate the order of introductions, nor does group size.

gringo-fied facsimiles
    OMG!!!! this is re-dick-less, DUDE!! big d, just be yourself, if they are your friends, it doesnt matter.
    and stop buggin zonnasdad.
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I just try not to let one out that is too stinky, or one I can't blame on the demons. I also try not to shart myself when with friends.

I also heard it was not appropriate to scratch yourself, and then sniff you fingers. I've been told I should invite people to look at the double coiler either. It is such a HUGE acheivement, I don't see why you would share that moment. Go figure.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Rocks Rock

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I was raised by a pack of wolves apparently! I never knew there was a certain order or way people were to be introduced. How did you learn this order thing?

A:Just keep it real and be yourself Big D, don't get all balled up over what order to introduce friends, be they men or women. Friends are friends, right? If someone got their panties in a wad over the order in which they are introduced to someone I am not sure I could hang out very long with that person. I burp and do other things occasionally.

That's my suggestion.

EDIT: Big guy, this part really confuses me - "the more 'important' person to the 'less important' person?" Can you explain that for me?
    Very short heart felt explanations of who people are... a little touchy feely pulling people toward each other... hand shakes... slight hugs, it's all good.
    Save the ear licking until everybody gets to know each other better. But definetly no butt sniffing... ever.
    Am I being kind?

just a man
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 11-16-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    My Intro...

"Mr. Dingo, this is Al, and you probably don't want to shake his hand because of the hygeine issues, but it is alright to sniff his @$$"

And remember...it is alright to touch...as long as your hands are warm, and you have no hang nails. Some of the new warm touch KY would also be be good...
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It is basic etiquette that's all. I figured I would get this kind of response on here. That's cool, I'll keep it to riding and beer

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for your .02$, Patrick. It was intended as non-MTB question. As for my PM to Zona's Dad, it was one PM and didn't know I was bugging him. Thanks for your criticism and sarcasm
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-16-2006 at 09:45 AM.

gringo-fied facsimiles
    IF you have aquestion with reeds customer service, talk to bill reed. you are welcome, always willing to lend a sarcastic hand where sarcasm is definataly needed.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Okay. learn to spell now

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Needed in your opinion huh?

gringo-fied facsimiles
    the only reason I answered this post is cuz I thought it was not a question to ask a mtr thread, it would be a question to ask a family member.....or a friend....... or anybody else but a bunch of yahoos doing research on bikes, riding bikes and drinking beer. I know you can ride easily as well as I, I hope I do not come off as an arrogant bastard about my skills....I cant spell, i admit it, I am ok with it. I didnt mean to dis you, I am not here to make enemies.... sorry if I came across as a prik. We should ride, then have a beer somtime, I am a real nice guy. My mom tells me so.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    are you a graphic artist? I got that impression from Ian, thought he was prasing you on your Avatar, which if you drew/painted is pretty cool!

Members who have read this thread: 0