PUSH Industries- Mtbr.com

Thread: PUSH Industries

mortman
    Aug 2006

PUSH Industries

Does anyone have any info on PUSH Industries? I have a Fox Float RC on my C'dale Jekyll that is not holding air. The shock looks good and has not been banged up, but it is old and has to be pumped up after 2 or 3 rides.

For $150 is PUSH worth it, or should I put up the bucks and by new? I checked out their site and it sounds good. Just wondering if anyone has had any work done by them.

Any info would be helpful.

Surgery Cantidate: '01 Cannondale Jekyll with a Nixon leading the way instead of the HeadShock
    ride to work, work to live, live to ride.

mtbr member
    If you're looking for a rebuild, there are local shops that can do the same job and Brian G also has a good reputation working on Fox's for the same $ or less (no shipping). Also, you can do it yourself (you can download the pdf from Fox's site) since the O-Ring kits are relatively inexpensive.
    However, if you are looking to get the shock customized to your riding style and weight and add some platform, Push is the place.
    I'm about to send them another fork for tuning today...

Rocks Rock

I hope PUSH is worth it.

I should get my bike back from Custom Cycle today or tomorrow. The RP3 and Talas are fresh out of the PUSH shop. Got em customized for my fat arse. I'll let yawl know.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Dang Dave your bike has been out of commission for a while now eh? I was in a couple of weeks ago and your frame was still hanging up.

The wait will be definately worth it though...they do a great job (CC that is....I can't afford to PUSH anything right now).

Hi!!!
    mortman ---

See if Hippie Tech can work on your fork:
    http://www.hippiesuspension.com/hippietechsuspension/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I've had a couple of Fox RL rear shocks PUSHed...

Thought the custom shock work was worth the money.....went with the trail bike platform tune. PUSH tunes the shock (or fork) to your weight, bike, and riding style.

BTW.....if your rear shock has lockout and you want platform.....PUSH removes the lockout.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I had an RLC PUSHed. I had about 30 miles on the fork when it started shooting oil everywhere. Since I had it Pushed I have a few hundred, maybe a thousand with no oil leaks. That is the bright side, on the down side it seems to stack up real bad and is insainly stiff. I don't know what the deal is with that. I have though about sending it back in, which I might do in the off season this next winter. They ask your weight and other info, I would tell them you are lighter than you really are if you want a smooth ride, or at least be able to use the full travel. I think the only time I have bottomed out, or even came close was when I F'ed up a 6 foot to pretty flat.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mortman
    Does anyone have any info on PUSH Industries? I have a Fox Float RC on my C'dale Jekyll that is not holding air. The shock looks good and has not been banged up, but it is old and has to be pumped up after 2 or 3 rides.

For $150 is PUSH worth it, or should I put up the bucks and by new? I checked out their site and it sounds good. Just wondering if anyone has had any work done by them.

Any info would be helpful.

Surgery Cantidate: '01 Cannondale Jekyll with a Nixon leading the way instead of the HeadShock
    If you want to fix the leak, they do the Air Seal service for $25. You can do it yourslf with a $10 kit, fox has instructions. If you want a full rebuild, that's the $95 service, which is what most shops charge. If you want the custom tuning, you have to get the rebuuild, and total it's $150.

I just got my 2005 Float R rear shock back from them for my NRS and it's great.

Wandervans

You might want to try the new Rp23

I got one on my titus motolight and I am really liking the improvement over the old fox float with pro-pedal I had on my racer-x. I am not sure the price on this shock, but having the ability to adjust the pro-pedal platform on the shock and then be able to switch off the propedal too, is a nice feature. Currently I run it on the low propedal setting and ride around the majority of the time on that setting. If I am doing a long downhill I will switch off the pro-pedal.

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Rocks Rock

It's not John's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Dang Dave your bike has been out of commission for a while now eh? I was in a couple of weeks ago and your frame was still hanging up.

The wait will be definately worth it though...they do a great job (CC that is....I can't afford to PUSH anything right now).
    Just thought I should clairify that PUSH is the reason for the Yeti's extended time in the shop. The lead time for PUSH to even look at your fork or shock is 12 (working days) that's almost three weeks. I'm getting it back today.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Oh yeah....I didn't mean to imply that Custom was holding you up. When I went in several weeks ago they were telling me that PUSH was the reason for your Yeti not done.

mortman
    Aug 2006

Thanks for the info

Thank you all for the info on PUSH and some of the local options. This will help.

Hi!!!
    Dave --- I was over at CC during lunch and saw that your Yeti has both the fork and shock on now. Nice!!! You need some wheels though .

Let us know how the thing rides...especially with what Jon is doing with your bearings.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Mortman,

Did you have a chance to try out your Pushed Fox RC? I just got mine back (for my Jekyll 2000) and installed it. I have yet to try it out but maybe this weekend. We Jekyll owners don't have much choice since this shock is custom made for the Jekyll frame. I will let you know after this weekend.

mortman
    Aug 2006
    Pyrock,

Let me know what your think about the shock over the weekend. I have not sent mine off yet. I just got it pulled off the bike today and replaced with the original so the bike will be in service to feed the addiction......I love this weather!!!

Thanks,

Mortman

mtbr member
    I have a Float RC at PUSH right now, hopefully it will return this week. I will post a ride report after.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yesterday, I was able to take out the Jekyll 2000 for a short ride and test out the "Pushed" Fox Float RL. Before the ride, I sat on the bike to get a feel for the shock and I thought it was a going to be a bit too soft. I went up Mt. Diablo via the Dan Cook trail. The trail started out on some single track that had some minor uphill and downhill but nothing too drastic. I was pleasantly surprised that the shock felt much more plush than the stock shock. It wasn't too soft or too stiff but just perfectly plush. At the end of the single track and before the 100% uphill fire trail, I set the travel indicator (o-ring) to see how much travel I would encounter during the uphill trek. Again, the bike felt very plush even as I climbed up the 2-3 mile fire road. When I got to the top of the fire road, I was surprised to find that the shock didn't travel much past the preset sag. Even though the shock only traveled only slightly more than the preset sag, it still felt plush going up the hill and over some pretty good sized rock protrusions. Then came the ride down. Again, it was very plush and soaked up the bumps very well. Now, this isn't a "downhill" bike but for a XC bike, it did better than the stock shock...Very plush and very controllable. Overall, I am VERY pleased with my $150 investment. It was nice not having to lock out the shock during the climbs, just jump on and ride. I even felt more efficient as I climbed but maybe it was psychological...who knows. I would definitely recommend a Pushed Jekyll especially since there aren't many aftermarket shock choices for this older bike. It honestly feels like a new bike. My Jekyll has been reborn! Thanks PUSH!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Push is well worth the wait and money. I have had them do a Fox F100x, a RP3, and a Talas RLC. THe F100x when I sent it in was leaking oil and still felt I thought ok and when I got it back it was 200% better I had just thought the hard ride was because of the pop off valve, now it is locked out when I want it to be and open up when I want it to be. The RP3 was great also. The Talas RLC I bought it off of ebay for 200 and sent it in to get pushed because it wasnt working very well. THe guy at push called me said the fork had been taken apart and someone not knowing what they were doing tried to fix it and jacked it up they fixed it and it is also wonderfull.
    Livin' the Dream!!

Rocks Rock

I'm a Believer

I'm liking my PUSHed Talas and RP3 better all the time. The Yeti 575 rides better than it ever was with the new pivots and the stuff PUSH did. Glad I didn't buy a new bike.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    got my pushed Float rc back today, and after a short ride around the block, I am left with large smile. I plan to ride tomorrow, and will post back later. Have a good evening- Jarrod

mtbr member
    So, after a long weekend of helping out a good friend build a play structure for his chicklets, I finally made it out to ride for me. I rode around MR for an hour or so, and man, does my new shock feel great. I adjusted the rebound slightly, and still ended up exactly where PUSH had set it. Wow, it makes me want to buy a Fox front shock, just to have it PUSHed.
    My bike felt so nice, I just wanted to keep riding, but I got a cramp at shanes, and decided to just bag it for the day. I figured it was not bad for my first ride in three weeks.
    Surprisingly, MR was very quiet for 5ish. Hope everyone had a great three day weekend.

Later, Jarrod

mortman
    Aug 2006
    I just sent my RC off to PUSH last Friday. I can't wait to get it back. These reviews are getting me ready to rip when I get it back.

I also took my FOX Float Jekyll shock to Brian at Custom Ski and Cycle. He put a new seal kit in it and it is working great. Service was awesome. I took it in around lunch time on Friday and I picked it up the same day at 6pm, which allowed me to ride on Saturday morning. THANK YOU Custom Cycle!!!

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mortman
    .....Brian at Custom Ski and Cycle.
    Do they have a new mech now besides Jon and Dan?

He put a new seal kit in it and it is working great. Service was awesome. I took it in around lunch time on Friday and I picked it up the same day at 6pm, which allowed me to ride on Saturday morning. THANK YOU Custom Cycle!!!
    Yup....GREAT shop!!!!

Yeah...I think I'm gonna push the RP3 and Vanilla RL at the end of the year.

mortman
    Aug 2006
    No, they do not have a new mechanic. I got the wrong name. Jon worked on the shock for me. Brian is the name of a roofer I had do a bid for me.

Sorry Jon.

Bottom line: Custom Ski and Cycle = Great Service

Hi!!!
    I just posted this in the Yeti forum....

I am thinking of PUSH'ing my '05 RP3, but I don't want to lose the firmness that I like. Can you tell PUSH to make the RP3 plushy in the other two settings and do whatever they need to do to make it firm? Or is this not possible?

And I haven't done any checking around, but in what ways is the RP23 better than a PUSH'ed RP3?

mortman
    Aug 2006
    I just got word that PUSH is has my shock and is about 8 days out. Countdown begins and I am ready for a PUSHED shock!!

Tracking up the place
    You'll love it, My wife's Juliana is pushed up front, and My SL, is pushed front and rear.. on Both Vanillas. I however opted for a RLC on the front fork and My 2001 Coil Over Vanilla RC, its has been great and still going strong... I recommend PUSH to anyone needing repairs or upgrades...
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Members who have read this thread: 0