pump track/sore back mania continues- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

pump track/sore back mania continues

Well the day looked liked it might be bad weather but no such thing over here in 2C. P4X came over at about 8 and with his and other of my friends help we got 3 of the four sides done today, before my back said that it had had enough digging.

BTW Craig I took your advise and dug down on the 14' berm. I think it will be much more ridable now.

hopefully I will get the othr side done tomorrow...either that or i will just go for a ride and leave the completion for another day.

Thanks everyone for your hard work...okay not everyone worked hard. Blitz had a great time with P4X's dog derby.

if you want to get a good look at what a worlds class pump track and world class pump trackers looks like go to lick on http://www.leelikesbikes.com/pump-tr...ark-weirs.html lots of cool pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lv2ride; 09-16-2006 at 04:31 PM.
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

just a man
    Good times today Swede. Derby had a blast too, gave her a good brushing when I got home since she had Blitz's slobber all over her! Was nice to meet your wife, son, and friends also.

The track is coming along nicely, looking forward to riding the 2CPT...

cp

gringo-fied facsimiles

Oh Man!!!!

Holy big a$$ burms!!!!! these things are getting crazy, faster, bigger, pumpier. Keep up the great work!

just a man

Lv2ride & Del Taco

Grab this quickly if you need to:

http://boise.craigslist.org/zip/208796781.html

FREE DIRT and FREE DELIVERY

mtbr member
    Yowzah!!!!!!!! Is that your backyard? or a city park?
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member

living large in 2C

it's my backyard...out here in 2C we have more elbow room.

It was a volleyball court, maybe now we will get more use out of it...once I get it working well. I have taken a couple of days off, my back was letting me know I had moveda lot of dirt
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

mtbr member
    where are you in 2C? I'm in Kuna. Turns out I'm not too far from Bombin4X. (hubbard and tenmile)
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

just a man
    'Kat: Cruise_Berms says you've got some lumber for the Bogus cause? Also, come on over and check the pumptrack out anytime. I'll send you the standard waiver via email.

I'm considering building a skills section with stunts in the infield in the event the transition section doesn't work out.

mtbr member
    im about 10 miles due west of B4X

whats going on with the transition section? Not working out yet?

btw craig I emailed the guy about the dirt haven't heard back yet

just a man
    I am not sure how it's going to work out. Bret made some suggestions that I wasn't quite sure of intially, and then the lightbulb went on after he left as I watched the 6yr old ride it. I dug a little and modified a roller and the berms to the effect he had described, built the one near the boulder up quite a bit. The radii (?) for those two infield berms are small and tightly woven, making them very challenging to ride so far and not flowing like I'd like them to. CBro and I discussed briefly an infield challenge section, could incorporate the boulder in there somehow. I gotta get busy and finish this thing before it starts getting too cold. I'm going to bring in some gravel and make some french drains so this thing's not a swampzone during the moist months. Once the ground's frozen there's no more digging either.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by lv2ride
    whats going on with the transition section? Not working out yet?
    A few pics of the transition section, needs a few more hours of pottery class. I rode it tonight and almost coughed up a lung, feeling a little nicer flow but not quite worthy to send in to Lee yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jan 2005
    Holy Pumptracks Batman! I think SW Boise is offically land of the pumptrack!

just a man
    I think we're unofficially the hotbed for the movement right now.

Got any updates on your track Trev? I want to come check it out soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0